Marco Verratti

Unionjack

On 17/12/2016 at 11:10 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Anyone who watched Veratti play against us for psg in the 2-2 game when they had 10 men for 70 odd minutes would say yes... he was a monster that night

I think what we gotta look at too is whether the Don is still thinking about going 3-5-2. Thats gonna change a hellova lot of things player wise.

But a 3 man midfield of Veratti-Matic-N'Golo makes me willy wobble!

2u3xlq9.gif

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is still my #1 target, can't trust the rumours but I dream of him bossing our midfield around. Lets hope the unrest in Paris lights a fire for him to escape. We don't need alot of new signings just QUALITY

10 hours ago, the wes said:

No need to worry. He won't leave PSG in the winter window. 

I've read many times on this forum of how the likes of Oscar and at a time Mata aren't physically up to the standard of the Premier League. But this fellow man-child who jogs around like Ozil is fit for the league? Pah.

For all his faults, it's clear as day how true Jose's comments regarding height are. Who on earth would willingly deploy a midfield which has 2 players barely scratching 5'5? They aren't Xavi & Iniesta; they WOULD get bullied.

Besides, I'm positive Verratti would only like to go to Juve. If they come across a huge amount of funds again, and the likes of Pjanic go downhill, that's what'll happen, and he'd be crazy to think such a scenario would be possible if he joined us. +, He grew up supporting Juve, not Conte.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

I've read many times on this forum of how the likes of Oscar and at a time Mata aren't physically up to the standard of the Premier League. But this fellow man-child who jogs around like Ozil is fit for the league? Pah.

For all his faults, it's clear as day how true Jose's comments regarding height are. Who on earth would willingly deploy a midfield which has 2 players barely scratching 5'5? They aren't Xavi & Iniesta; they WOULD get bullied.

Besides, I'm positive Verratti would only like to go to Juve. If they come across a huge amount of funds again, and the likes of Pjanic go downhill, that's what'll happen, and he'd be crazy to think such a scenario would be possible if he joined us. +, He grew up supporting Juve, not Conte.

I hear what youre saying and thats the bit that scares me some.

But theres not many tall hard as rock, fast,creative central midielders about is there. So suppose we got to try n get one that balances and woirks with  what we got.

Who would you go for?

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Harry Kane, Ashley Cole, Ryan Bertrand, Henrik Mikhtyryan and Didier Drogba grew up supporting Arsenal, just saying.

Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but Psg got Draxler for 35m.

Now if you know Psg, Emery wanted to play Verratti as CAM with Matuidi-Krichowiak/Motta behind. That didnt work that well and even Verratti said he wants to play deeper. 

Like I said, it could be nothing but just maybe Psg signed Draxler to fit that CAM role. No idea where does that leave Verratti, because Emery wants to play with two strong powerful midfielders in pivot to keep defense in balance. 

Maybe, just maybe Verratti is actualy leaving, but could well return to Italy.

On 12/21/2016 at 10:53 PM, Unionjack said:

I hear what youre saying and thats the bit that scares me some.

But theres not many tall hard as rock, fast,creative central midielders about is there. So suppose we got to try n get one that balances and woirks with  what we got.

Who would you go for?

nah that is not true, city is playing with kdb and silva as part of midfield 3. Oscar problem has never been about physique,it is more of about his inconsistency and for so called creative player his technical ability is not good enough ( mata case is obvious, he is just very weak physically).

In term of Veratti, i haven't watched enough of his game to judge whether he can play in EPL physically but technique wise he is good enough. And moreover in our team we play with two destroyers (kante and matic), as you see against palace we don't look vulnerable at the back even with fabregas playing.

Im not sure why people talk of his weight. If anyone ever saw him play, you will see he has great balance like Eden. That and ability to control the ball along with his agressive style of play gives you great midfielder. Sure he wont win headers, but when the ball is on ground, its harder to take the ball away from him than from Matic. 

Oscar was always weaker in duels. Consistency was one thing, but his balance was much worse. He got bullied by most players and couldnt glide through defensive lines.

I believe if we get Verratti, maybe not right from the start, but in two years he will be absolutely world class midfielder.

3 hours ago, the wes said:

3857928.jpg

And hes younger!!!

Well I sent in my list to Santa today for Veratti,Sanchez, Lt Sulu and Dick Van Dyke but I dont know what me chances are like cause Ive been a naughty boy now n then. Sorry guys.

Maybe someonlse has the same list but has been nice!.

Top Chelsea target’s agent reckons transfer could happen

MARCO VERRATTI’S agent has hinted that the Paris St-Germain star could be on the move.

His agent, Donato Di Campli, has suggested that the playmaker might be tempted to continue his development away from the French capital.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You