Marco Verratti

Unionjack

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to sound like Mourinho, but height would be an issue. In this formation with Kante his partner and Azpilicueta behind them we'd struggle on 2nd floor. Changes in formation and personnel would be needed, any thoughts on how to accomodate him?

Just now, manpe said:

Don't want to sound like Mourinho, but height would be an issue. In this formation with Kante his partner and Azpilicueta behind them we'd struggle on 2nd floor. Changes in formation and personnel would be needed, any thoughts on how to accomodate him?

Not if we buy van dyke 😉

I agree with Manpe. Plus, he's actually a pretty lazy player. Too nonchalant for my liking. All the ability in the world, but he'll never apply himself to the standard he could've reached if he ended up at Juventus like everyone seemed to think, including himself.

20 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Not if we buy van dyke 😉

And bin Cesar? Kinda harsh, but a valid option.

EDIT: Some more thoughts I have on Verratti. We have a working system in place, buying Verratti would mean we'd need to change the system to accomodate one player. And the success we've been having with 3-4-3 there is reason to suspect that this isn't a temporary solution anymore. If that's the case and Conte has the same idea, then I have my doubts on Verratti fitting the team and the system. However in a 3-5-2 Pirlo role he'd be perfect, but that would shuffle up the rest of the team and the entire tactics.

21 minutes ago, manpe said:

EDIT: Some more thoughts I have on Verratti. We have a working system in place, buying Verratti would mean we'd need to change the system to accomodate one player. And the success we've been having with 3-4-3 there is reason to suspect that this isn't a temporary solution anymore. If that's the case and Conte has the same idea, then I have my doubts on Verratti fitting the team and the system. However in a 3-5-2 Pirlo role he'd be perfect, but that would shuffle up the rest of the team and the entire tactics.

Play cesar as lcb. Or, play Kante as a lcm and have him and Van Dyke help alonso stop crosses to cesar on the first place. 

I think 352 is the natural progression to a possession based team that can counter as well. We would just kill in the midfield with 3 cms and 2 wb. Only thing is the third cm has to offer attacking threat, Lampard would have been perfect. Marco may not be that man. Isco? But Verratti is going to be the best cm when modric, iniesta have gone. 

I would like Veratti, but at the end of the day I believe Conte has proven that he deserves to get who he wants for the position. He pursued Nainggolan even after Kante was purchased, and I believe that that is the player type he is looking for. It shouldnt come as a surprise either, I see similarities with Vidal in him, and we all know Conte has a high opinion of the Chilean. 

I think that we will pursue a CM in January, especially as it seems Oscar is leaving. I do believe however that the player type we will look for is more in line of N'Zonzi, Tolisso, Marchisio, Good all-around players with dynamic profiles. It is also what we need. I like Matic when he plays well, but he is too static, he will often stay in position and ping it short to close by players. 

52 minutes ago, manpe said:

I disagree with the need to change the system, I believe that verratti is physical enough to hold is own in that spot next to kante/matic. If we can play fabregas against man city and win I have faith Verratti can play that spot. He also would fit in the 352 and any formation really. He is a class player with a tough streak and lots of skill. we are playing the 343 now but Conte values tactical flexibility (as any manager would) this is a player who can add to our flexibility.

48 minutes ago, manpe said:

Veratti is the player worth adjusting the system to. Look, Conte actually adjusted tactic to the players he has now, if he had 11 better players individually than what he has now he may play completely different. He'll review his options again in the summer with new players and change accordingly. 

What is obvious squad is better with Veratti. I also think next season will be different beast. With fixture congestion we cannot make up everything with preparation and freshness in players. The individual quality in our players will be more important to beat fatigue and tired legs. 

Veratti is sensible move. Young, great, potentially special, knows the manager. 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

46 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Veratti is the player worth adjusting the system to. Look, Conte actually adjusted tactic to the players he has now, if he had 11 better players individually than what he has now he may play completely different. He'll review his options again in the summer with new players and change accordingly. 

What is obvious squad is better with Veratti. I also think next season will be different beast. With fixture congestion we cannot make up everything with preparation and freshness in players. The individual quality in our players will be more important to beat fatigue and tired legs. 

Veratti is sensible move. Young, great, potentially special, knows the manager. 

Nah Manpe you make a great point. It's not stupid to note that a Verratti-Kante midfield lacks serious Aerial ability, especially in the PL, where winning the Aerial battles, especially the 2nd ball is very important. If you look at the other CM option CFC fans have been clamoring for aswell, Nainnggolan, he's also a shorter figure. Having a quick look, Milan Badelj (someone we've been linked too) has some impressive Aerial Duels won %, but I don't know if that's misleading. 

But like BCS said, if Conte is given a different profile of players, he'll change the formation to suit those players' skillset. And Verratti is the type of player you change your entire setup to accommodate. Although, as much as i'd love to see Verratti here, Conte is the only salesman that could get him here. A player of his stature will most likely be off to either Real Madrid/Barcelona as the long term replacements for either Modric/Iniesta. Pretty sure he'll end up at either of those two clubs as well. 

9 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Nah Manpe you make a great point. It's not stupid to note that a Verratti-Kante midfield lacks serious Aerial ability, especially in the PL, where winning the Aerial battles, especially the 2nd ball is very important. If you look at the other CM option CFC fans have been clamoring for aswell, Nainnggolan, he's also a shorter figure. Having a quick look, Milan Badelj (someone we've been linked too) has some impressive Aerial Duels won %, but I don't know if that's misleading. 

But like BCS said, if Conte is given a different profile of players, he'll change the formation to suit those players' skillset. And Verratti is the type of player you change your entire setup to accommodate. Although, as much as i'd love to see Verratti here, Conte is the only salesman that could get him here. A player of his stature will most likely be off to either Real Madrid/Barcelona as the long term replacements for either Modric/Iniesta. Pretty sure he'll end up at either of those two clubs as well. 

I would be cautious about two such short midfielders, but then again if we play with three man defence with Luiz and Cahill/Zouma or someone like Van Dijk, I dont see problem. Libero could alway move further to win aerial duels...

And since we play from the back, not just hoof the ball, its great to have ball playing mids. 

However at current form both Matic and Kante should stay in 11, if we had Verratti it would be someone else going to bench IMO. 

58 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea make Marco Verratti their top January target but Paris Saint-Germain want more than £30m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4040576/Chelsea-make-PSG-s-Marco-Verratti-January-target.html#ixzz4T0JEpXLL 

According to reports he's unsettled at PSG 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You