Marco Verratti

Unionjack

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Need to tell the board that next summer. Been a while since we've had a marquee signing.

Anyone got Romans mobile number? I think he wrote it down wromg when he gave it to me. Some massage place down Berwick St1

So guys. Santa has come and brought us Verratti.

Now what???

Where do we play him? What formation? Will we need other players for this formation? Who will we give the shaft too so Verratti can play?

Just a dew little things to consider.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Anyone got Romans mobile number? I think he wrote it down wromg when he gave it to me. Some massage place down Berwick St1

So guys. Santa has come and brought us Verratti.

Now what???

Where do we play him? What formation? Will we need other players for this formation? Who will we give the shaft too so Verratti can play?

Just a dew little things to consider.

I like Verratti as a player but I agree that there are concerns. Will we change the formation to accommodate him? Will he paired next to Kante? From a strategic view point, that's risky (two very very small guys). 

If we want to bolster our midfield in the summer, I prefer we go for Paredes. He's very underrated and has a bright future. Top player

20 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I like Verratti as a player but I agree that there are concerns. Will we change the formation to accommodate him? Will he paired next to Kante? From a strategic view point, that's risky (two very very small guys). 

If we want to bolster our midfield in the summer, I prefer we go for Paredes. He's very underrated and has a bright future. Top player

Looks like a Spurs kind of signing tbh.

I can bet that if we sign midfielder from Serie A it'd be someone like Brozovic or Badejl. Conte has a fetish for this kind of players.

Do not let go if there's even small chance of getting Verratti. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Looks like a Spurs kind of signing tbh.

I can bet that if we sign midfielder from Serie A it'd be someone like Brozovic or Badejl. Conte has a fetish for this kind of players.

Do not let go if there's even small chance of getting Verratti. 

Verratti kind of a Guardiola signing in my eyes. Paredes has more quality than those players two players you mentioned and suits our current system more than Verratti does.  I really rate him highly. I think he can become a world class player. He's also better without the ball. I find the fact we're linked to Verratti somewhat curious. I just don't see it for several reasons.

The only way I see Veratti working with a back 3 is if we change to a 3-5-2, and that takes something away from us offensively. @Unionjack suggestion of 3-3-4 is too optimistic for Conte. Only Guardiola can try something that gung-ho in the PL. 

4 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Verratti kind of a Guardiola signing in my eyes. Paredes has more quality than those players two players you mentioned and suits our current system more than Verratti does.  I really rate him highly. I think he can become a world class player. He's also better without the ball. I find the fact we're linked to Verratti somewhat curious. I just don't see it for several reasons.

The only way I see Veratti working with a back 3 is if we change to a 3-5-2, and that takes something away from us offensively. @Unionjack suggestion of 3-3-4 is too optimistic for Conte. Only Guardiola can try something that gung-ho in the PL. 

What we need os a creative, strong offensive wise, B 2 B CM. We could do a 3-5-2 then.

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Ok, but I think when there's a chance to sign a genuine world-class player then we have to pursuit it. We will find a way for a player like Veratti.

I just think we need that big creativity from other source other than Hazard. If not through the middle then some spark from the right attacking midfield is needed.

If we're continuing with those "balance" players on the right (Willian, Oscar, Schurrle, Salah, Cuadrado, Pedro etc. not one even near world-class level) then we need Veratti badly. But if we finally solve that post-Kalou issue then guy like Paredes or Dahoud can be sufficent. Someone who has decent pace, stamina, can pick a runner, is good at circulating the ball and not out of his depth tactically. Regardless of the name for me. RW is still the biggest issue in the squad though.

If we sign Verratti then there's no way we will continue with 3-4-3... Kante-Verratti is far too short and lightweight in midfield, fair enough they are mobile and get stuck in but I've always believed we need some sort of physically imposing pivot player or box to box midfielder in there and Contes always had that with Juventus and Italy... although if we play 352, then maybe Matic-Kante-Verratti with Costa as a 9 and Hazard as a second striker...? Sounds interesting.

20 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we sign Verratti then there's no way we will continue with 3-4-3... Kante-Verratti is far too short and lightweight in midfield, fair enough they are mobile and get stuck in but I've always believed we need some sort of physically imposing pivot player or box to box midfielder in there and Contes always had that with Juventus and Italy... although if we play 352, then maybe Matic-Kante-Verratti with Costa as a 9 and Hazard as a second striker...? Sounds interesting.

I used to think this way as well. But the fact is that there would still be Luiz, Zouma/Cahill, Alonso, Moses and Costa on the field. All of them are pretty physical. I would never have Kante-Verratti in a system like 4-2-4 but when there is three defenders in behind and two on the wings, it might be enough. 

I believe that in this formation the most important characteristics of a midfielder are mobility and stamina.Kante-Verratti would be amazing in that respect besides all the quality on the ball that they also have.

On 17/11/2016 at 0:07 PM, OneMoSalah said:

A few things:

- Verratti is a very physical midfielder. His tackling is exceptional and he is a massive presence in the middle.

- Matic's aerial ability is awful. He may as well be 5 ft 10.

- Verratti can do everything Matic does + more. Would be a huge upgrade.

- Kante and Verratti would be one of the best midfield partnerships in the world.

Watching PSG vs Arsenal and keeping my eye on Verratti, He has been all over from pressing the Arsenal CB's to dropping back and starting the attack. Makes me believe that he could partner with matic/kante in a 343 or make an absolutely killer trio in a 352 like @OneMoSalah said. Looking at average position on the field Hazard is higher up than costa already, I would assume Verratti would get the same freedom in the midfield and give us a little more creativity down the middle if need be. Would love to have him here. (I am very biased towards Italian players I will admit)

Azpi     Luiz      Cahill

Moses Kante Verratti Matic Alonso

Costa       Hazard

9 hours ago, communicate said:

PSG will want Pogba money for Verattti so I don't see it happening

If he is unhappy with the coach and he WANTS to come, reunited with Conte, reunited with Luiz, bigger league, London=Paris. Not worth 100 mill Pogba/Griezz money, I dont even know what amount could be offered due to the crazy transfer prices we just saw but if the player is motivated and we dont mess around and low ball it is a possibility. A man can dream.

Maybe a cesc + cash deal works for them? Gets his wage off our bill, would destroy the french league, and be happy to move.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; Verratti is absolutely a good thing for Italy.

The problem is that he doesn’t play in Italy, but in France. The rhythms are different; the strength of his team is so high that he never gets put in difficulty.

He must get used to putting 100 per cent into matches.

Quote from Italian manager

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You