test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Marco Verratti

Started by Unionjack,

323 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, Adnane said:

Every top team nowadays has world class wingers/wing-backs/full-backs and optimal wing usage, something we have lacked for years really. 

I know, but I don't want to ditch Azpi. :(

Well he's a top top RCB for now, let's leave it at that :D 

We don't need to have BOTH Matic and Verratti, not that I'm ready to ditch the former, but Marco has so much more qualities ( both on and off the ball for me ). 

Verratti-Kante really is enough to dominate pretty much every team bar the big european three and maybe City. 

akgw13, El P. and Muzchap like this

Lets remember that Conte is a "Tailor" he likes to emphasize players strengths. Not buying a world class player due to fear of him not fitting in our current system is a slippery slope. Matic is back on form and he/kante have been making sweet music together in the middle of the park.

That being said if we have a chance to get this guy we must go for it 100% He is tenacious enough to fit next to kante or matic and has the on ball skill we crave from our midfield. We see how amazing matic is playing in this system and getting assists...now lets imagine Verrati instead...

We can play with 2/3 or all 3 if we want a different look. IF he wants to come we simply must buy him (in my opinion)

moses kante verrati matic alonso

Costa     Hazard

11Drogba and Unionjack like this

52 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The tv deals plus our new sponsorships render FFP irrelevant.

Not to mention that Chelsea have already 2,5 bigger revenue than Inter (soon it will be 3 times and if pound was in mid 2015 form even 4 times).

Tomo likes this

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

The tv deals plus our new sponsorships render FFP irrelevant.

Need to tell the board that next summer. Been a while since we've had a marquee signing.

Unionjack likes this

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Need to tell the board that next summer. Been a while since we've had a marquee signing.

Anyone got Romans mobile number? I think he wrote it down wromg when he gave it to me. Some massage place down Berwick St1

So guys. Santa has come and brought us Verratti.

Now what???

Where do we play him? What formation? Will we need other players for this formation? Who will we give the shaft too so Verratti can play?

Just a dew little things to consider.

35 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Anyone got Romans mobile number? I think he wrote it down wromg when he gave it to me. Some massage place down Berwick St1

So guys. Santa has come and brought us Verratti.

Now what???

Where do we play him? What formation? Will we need other players for this formation? Who will we give the shaft too so Verratti can play?

Just a dew little things to consider.

I like Verratti as a player but I agree that there are concerns. Will we change the formation to accommodate him? Will he paired next to Kante? From a strategic view point, that's risky (two very very small guys). 

If we want to bolster our midfield in the summer, I prefer we go for Paredes. He's very underrated and has a bright future. Top player

Wew could of course swap to a 3-3-4 like Citeh

Alonso - Eden- Diego - Moses

Matic - N'Golo - Verratti

NEW LCB - Luiz - Dave/ OR NEW RCB

20 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I like Verratti as a player but I agree that there are concerns. Will we change the formation to accommodate him? Will he paired next to Kante? From a strategic view point, that's risky (two very very small guys). 

If we want to bolster our midfield in the summer, I prefer we go for Paredes. He's very underrated and has a bright future. Top player

Looks like a Spurs kind of signing tbh.

I can bet that if we sign midfielder from Serie A it'd be someone like Brozovic or Badejl. Conte has a fetish for this kind of players.

Do not let go if there's even small chance of getting Verratti. 

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

6 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Looks like a Spurs kind of signing tbh.

I can bet that if we sign midfielder from Serie A it'd be someone like Brozovic or Badejl. Conte has a fetish for this kind of players.

Do not let go if there's even small chance of getting Verratti. 

Verratti kind of a Guardiola signing in my eyes. Paredes has more quality than those players two players you mentioned and suits our current system more than Verratti does.  I really rate him highly. I think he can become a world class player. He's also better without the ball. I find the fact we're linked to Verratti somewhat curious. I just don't see it for several reasons.

The only way I see Veratti working with a back 3 is if we change to a 3-5-2, and that takes something away from us offensively. @Unionjack suggestion of 3-3-4 is too optimistic for Conte. Only Guardiola can try something that gung-ho in the PL. 

4 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Verratti kind of a Guardiola signing in my eyes. Paredes has more quality than those players two players you mentioned and suits our current system more than Verratti does.  I really rate him highly. I think he can become a world class player. He's also better without the ball. I find the fact we're linked to Verratti somewhat curious. I just don't see it for several reasons.

The only way I see Veratti working with a back 3 is if we change to a 3-5-2, and that takes something away from us offensively. @Unionjack suggestion of 3-3-4 is too optimistic for Conte. Only Guardiola can try something that gung-ho in the PL. 

What we need os a creative, strong offensive wise, B 2 B CM. We could do a 3-5-2 then.

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Ok, but I think when there's a chance to sign a genuine world-class player then we have to pursuit it. We will find a way for a player like Veratti.

I just think we need that big creativity from other source other than Hazard. If not through the middle then some spark from the right attacking midfield is needed.

If we're continuing with those "balance" players on the right (Willian, Oscar, Schurrle, Salah, Cuadrado, Pedro etc. not one even near world-class level) then we need Veratti badly. But if we finally solve that post-Kalou issue then guy like Paredes or Dahoud can be sufficent. Someone who has decent pace, stamina, can pick a runner, is good at circulating the ball and not out of his depth tactically. Regardless of the name for me. RW is still the biggest issue in the squad though.

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

49 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

If not through the middle then some spark from the right attacking midfield is needed.

Why not both?