Marco Verratti

Unionjack

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Premature to be talking about ANY deal at this point. It all depends on how we finish this season. Should Conte win the title in a league with Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger, Pochettino, Mourinho then automatically he gets the aura of a world class manager and players get more attracted when Chelsea come knocking at the door. But a finish outside of top four... I don't know. So let's see what happens come May and then we can start talking about big transfers. 

You'rte right bud. Just think we would never have been able to drag Kante and Luiz away unless we were in Europe as well Damn!! If only we came 4th! ;)

But yes I do agree itys alot easier to attract TOP players when a teams in the public eye.

Look at Mounure!! Haven't won fuck all in ages.

You win the midfield battle you will win the game 9 times out of 10. Who can argue that a midfield of Matic, Kante and Verratti wouldn't be close to the best in the world? I think this signing is more important than any other we've been linked with.

Verratti + one really good new CB. Azpi on right-back, Alonso on left with one new LB (as back-up, or starter). Maybe new winger, don't know. We shall see how will Zouma turn out to be this season, maybe he could be the answer.

Courtois

Azpi - Luiz - new CB / Zouma - Alonso/new LB

Kante - Matić - Verratti

Willian/Pedro/Moses/new winger - Costa - Hazard

This would be good alternative for 3-4-3, maybe it will be better for long term.

With new CB and Verratti who is also good defensively, we wouldn't need 5 at the back, and it would add so much needed creativity from middle. We would lose Moses and his runs, but creativity from the middle is way more important. Alonso would still be able to overlap with Hazard on left, that rock-solid midfield would be able to cover whole field.

20 minutes ago, El P. said:

We would lose Moses and his runs, but creativity from the middle is way more important.

Every top team nowadays has world class wingers/wing-backs/full-backs and optimal wing usage, something we have lacked for years really. 

6 minutes ago, Adnane said:

Every top team nowadays has world class wingers/wing-backs/full-backs and optimal wing usage, something we have lacked for years really. 

I know, but I don't want to ditch Azpi. :(

Well he's a top top RCB for now, let's leave it at that :D 

We don't need to have BOTH Matic and Verratti, not that I'm ready to ditch the former, but Marco has so much more qualities ( both on and off the ball for me ). 

Verratti-Kante really is enough to dominate pretty much every team bar the big european three and maybe City. 

I really do like Verratti alot and it makes me drool the thought of teaming him with Matic/N'Golo. our midfield would fuck the world, but our current 3-4-3 just doesnt fit it. Nor a 3-5-2/

And tho he seemed in hibernation mode early season Matic has found himself a great bromance with his little mate. The relationship and the ground they cover together is 2nd to none. Its a gamble whether Verratti would gel as well with N'golo.

So if we were to sign him it would mean changing a working system/

Its a tough decision

Lets remember that Conte is a "Tailor" he likes to emphasize players strengths. Not buying a world class player due to fear of him not fitting in our current system is a slippery slope. Matic is back on form and he/kante have been making sweet music together in the middle of the park.

That being said if we have a chance to get this guy we must go for it 100% He is tenacious enough to fit next to kante or matic and has the on ball skill we crave from our midfield. We see how amazing matic is playing in this system and getting assists...now lets imagine Verrati instead...

We can play with 2/3 or all 3 if we want a different look. IF he wants to come we simply must buy him (in my opinion)

moses kante verrati matic alonso

Costa     Hazard

On November 10, 2016 at 1:29 PM, LAM09 said:

Spoken to Inter Milan?

Might not have the affect they mentioned, but there are still repercussions.

The tv deals plus our new sponsorships render FFP irrelevant.

52 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The tv deals plus our new sponsorships render FFP irrelevant.

Not to mention that Chelsea have already 2,5 bigger revenue than Inter (soon it will be 3 times and if pound was in mid 2015 form even 4 times).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You