Marco Verratti

Unionjack

He's one of the best midfielders in the world, and plays a little bit in the same way as I tried to do with Barcelona and the national team. He likes having the ball. He also has perfect mastery over long and short passing, he can play the final ball, and he doesn't lose the ball that easily. He's really a very high-class player."

Xavi on Verratti in 2015.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco Verratti's representative, Donato Di Campli, has told Rai he will take his client elsewhere if the French press continue to scrutinise him :D

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2983560/marco-verratti-could-leave-psg-if-media-criticism-continues-agent

It would be pity if we would drop Matić because of him. Verratti is better, for sure, but Matić is also great.

But, I would rather drop Matić than play 3-5-2 with Matić - Kante - Verratti, that's for sure.

37 minutes ago, El P. said:

It would be pity if we would drop Matić because of him. Verratti is better, for sure, but Matić is also great.

But, I would rather drop Matić than play 3-5-2 with Matić - Kante - Verratti, that's for sure.

On the other hand it's always nice to have depth ... midfield of Kante, Verratti, Matić, Chalobah and Baker would be worldclass :)

Just now, jernej93 said:

On the other hand it's always nice to have depth ... midfield of Kante, Verratti, Matić, Chalobah and Baker would be worldclass :)

Yes, and it would be a good platform for system flexibility. 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 with this players, you name it. 4-2-3-1 is gone for good I hope.

Unless he's so desperate to leave that he handed in a transfer request I don't see how it would be possible to sign him. Just recently signed a new contract and is at one of the richest clubs in the world. It would probably take £60-70m, no? Plus, PSG won't want to appear like a sinking ship with their best players continuously leaving.

If we did manage to sign him, though, we'd be absolutely unstoppable in the PL and one of the favorites in the CL next season if we finish in the top 4.

15 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

We can buy both: Verratti And Dybala, we just need selling useless players to get money!

We've been trying to do that with Mikel and look how that's planned out.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

We've been trying to do that with Mikel and look how that's planned out.

Getting to the stage where we either let him go on a Bosman at end of season or we TRY to shift him in Jan to make ar least some money for his wage bill this year. But maybe after 11 years service we give him a testimonial and thank him for his time. I know hes got his fauts but theres not many players stick with 1 ckuv thru thick and thin for 11 years is there.

JT/Bane and Eduardo all up in June too.

I'd really like to see us put JT to good use coaching or as some other role while hes taking his exams. But I see him either in US or China trying yo go out on a bang.

Lets hope Wet Spam want bane in Jan.

As for Veratti - Can you imagine a 3 man central midfield of Matic/N'Golo and him??

Oh Dear!!

48 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

The absolute dream signing for me alongside Griezmann. The club mustn't hesitate if there's ever chance to sign this kid.

I wonder if PSG would be interested in Fabregas in exchange? Or Willian? Or both?

Griezmann chasing utd move 

Premature to be talking about ANY deal at this point. It all depends on how we finish this season. Should Conte win the title in a league with Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger, Pochettino, Mourinho then automatically he gets the aura of a world class manager and players get more attracted when Chelsea come knocking at the door. But a finish outside of top four... I don't know. So let's see what happens come May and then we can start talking about big transfers. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You