Marco Verratti

Unionjack

I think his future is in PSG/Juve/Barcelona/Real, cant see him anywhere else for the next 2-3 seasons. He said he would want to play in Italy again and if he'll have a big season you could see Real moving for him.

Our fantasy for next summer should be Vidal wanting to reunite with Conte, as long as we finish top 4 of course..I feel like he could be a superstar in PL.There are also Isco, Saul, Thiago, Nainggolan, who could might be available, depends on what happens this season. I think we should look for 2-3 players coming for the 4-1-4-1, because Matic, Cesc, Oscar and Willian cant make those positions their own for now. If Alonso, Zouma and Luiz are proving to be good enough this season, and Christensen coming back, we could focus on the midfield. I would love to see this for example:

------------Kante-------------

Willian-Isco-Vidal-Hazard

------------Costa-------------

Shouldnt cost too much, and you get a completely different team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah I agree. 

If we need to pay a world record fee like Pogba I wouldn't mind....although to be fair those world record fees are mostly reserve for scorers, like Ronaldo, Suarez and such. 

In My opinion there is  no need  a world record  To sign  him! 

Another  player i would like To See here is dybala! 3-4-3 With

3defenders

Winger-kante-verratti -winger

Dybala -Hazard

Costa 

He wants to win CL with Paris, so I think it would be difficult to take him. 

Unless Psg does realy poor, Im not sure he will go soon. 

Luiz and especially Conte might be great plus tho, if we start playing realy well.

2 hours ago, Yeboii said:

A very short partnership though - They are both really short

True, but the game is played 90% on the ground, especially now-a-days. Their physicality more than makes up for it. 

My dad tried to convince me that the reason Kante isn't the the best CM in the league is because he's short. That's never a reason to not be considered the best at position such as cm.  

7 hours ago, Miguelito said:

True, but the game is played 90% on the ground, especially now-a-days. Their physicality more than makes up for it. 

My dad tried to convince me that the reason Kante isn't the the best CM in the league is because he's short. That's never a reason to not be considered the best at position such as cm.  

Jose junior, is that you? ;)

Marco has for a long time been my dream signing. I think the current formation, and pursuit of Nainggolan suggests what Conte wants in the midfield. I looked at the defensive stats of the current player next to Kante, the alternative in the squad, and two signings that could take that place next season (yes, the seasons differ. It is so that we can see how they have played during a full season more than anything). Judging by the statistics, I think it is fair to say that Verratti is no slouch when it comes to defending. He is very comparable to Nainggolan, although there might be a significant difference in physicality there. The way we play now, Matic has a lot of the ball and is often passing directly. He is also often breaking up plays and countering. He has done it well to be fair, but I dont know if Matic has any particular tools that I think Marco is without. The problem with Fabregas was that he was not tenacious enough, often able to simply be dribbled past since he was too slow to recover. Marco is faster, and has that stocky build that Aguero also has which makes him less of a pushover. I think that a midfield with Verratti and Kante could compete with any other in the world, without sacrificing too much defensive strength. Considering Matic is an important part of the build-ups now, imagine having a passing master in his place.

EDIT: Seems the formatting doesnt work. It was a comparison between Nainggolan, Verratti, Fabregas and Matic, where it can be seen that Matic and Verratti have comparable stats in the defense, while Marco blows Matic out of the water in the offense and passing.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You