test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Marco Verratti

Started by Unionjack,

323 posts in this topic

Yeah I agree. 

If we need to pay a world record fee like Pogba I wouldn't mind....although to be fair those world record fees are mostly reserve for scorers, like Ronaldo, Suarez and such. 

Muzchap likes this

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah I agree. 

If we need to pay a world record fee like Pogba I wouldn't mind....although to be fair those world record fees are mostly reserve for scorers, like Ronaldo, Suarez and such. 

In My opinion there is  no need  a world record  To sign  him! 

Another  player i would like To See here is dybala! 3-4-3 With

3defenders

Winger-kante-verratti -winger

Dybala -Hazard

Costa 

He wants to win CL with Paris, so I think it would be difficult to take him. 

Unless Psg does realy poor, Im not sure he will go soon. 

Luiz and especially Conte might be great plus tho, if we start playing realy well.

57 minutes ago, the wes said:

Him and Kante would be perfect partnership :wub:

That would be fantastic - dreams are seldom realised :)

2 hours ago, Yeboii said:

A very short partnership though - They are both really short

True, but the game is played 90% on the ground, especially now-a-days. Their physicality more than makes up for it. 

My dad tried to convince me that the reason Kante isn't the the best CM in the league is because he's short. That's never a reason to not be considered the best at position such as cm.  

blues.bridge likes this

3 hours ago, Yeboii said:

A very short partnership though - They are both really short

Normaly I would be bit worried, but if we play with three tall CBs behind, no problem at all.

7 hours ago, Miguelito said:

True, but the game is played 90% on the ground, especially now-a-days. Their physicality more than makes up for it. 

My dad tried to convince me that the reason Kante isn't the the best CM in the league is because he's short. That's never a reason to not be considered the best at position such as cm.  

Jose junior, is that you? ;)

!Hazard! likes this

Marco has for a long time been my dream signing. I think the current formation, and pursuit of Nainggolan suggests what Conte wants in the midfield. I looked at the defensive stats of the current player next to Kante, the alternative in the squad, and two signings that could take that place next season (yes, the seasons differ. It is so that we can see how they have played during a full season more than anything). Judging by the statistics, I think it is fair to say that Verratti is no slouch when it comes to defending. He is very comparable to Nainggolan, although there might be a significant difference in physicality there. The way we play now, Matic has a lot of the ball and is often passing directly. He is also often breaking up plays and countering. He has done it well to be fair, but I dont know if Matic has any particular tools that I think Marco is without. The problem with Fabregas was that he was not tenacious enough, often able to simply be dribbled past since he was too slow to recover. Marco is faster, and has that stocky build that Aguero also has which makes him less of a pushover. I think that a midfield with Verratti and Kante could compete with any other in the world, without sacrificing too much defensive strength. Considering Matic is an important part of the build-ups now, imagine having a passing master in his place.

EDIT: Seems the formatting doesnt work. It was a comparison between Nainggolan, Verratti, Fabregas and Matic, where it can be seen that Matic and Verratti have comparable stats in the defense, while Marco blows Matic out of the water in the offense and passing.

He's one of the best midfielders in the world, and plays a little bit in the same way as I tried to do with Barcelona and the national team. He likes having the ball. He also has perfect mastery over long and short passing, he can play the final ball, and he doesn't lose the ball that easily. He's really a very high-class player."

Xavi on Verratti in 2015.

Muzchap and kellzfresh like this

It would be pity if we would drop Matić because of him. Verratti is better, for sure, but Matić is also great.

But, I would rather drop Matić than play 3-5-2 with Matić - Kante - Verratti, that's for sure.

Muzchap, jernej93 and blues.bridge like this