Marco Verratti

Unionjack

I haven't really browsed through this thread and while in my opinion, Verratti is the best central midfielder in the world these days, have we seriously considered the tactical ramifications of partnering him with Kante? He's only 5'5 and Kante is 5'6. You can get away with it in other top European leagues but we'll get murdered in the air in this long ball league. We even have some problems now Azpilicueta's height. How will we deal with a striker dropping deep to win the first ball against that Kante and Verratti? And there's the second ball to worry about. 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I haven't really browsed through this thread and while in my opinion, Verratti is the best central midfielder in the world these days, have we seriously considered the tactical ramifications of partnering him with Kante? He's only 5'5 and Kante is 5'6. You can get away with it in other top European leagues but we'll get murdered in the air in this long ball league. We even have some problems now Azpilicueta's height. How will we deal with a striker dropping deep to win the first ball against that Kante and Verratti? And there's the second ball to worry about. 

Thats the only thing that worries me too. One of his weaknesses is arial duels but hes good at tackling. We need someone with his dribbling and ball playing skills badly tho.

Yeah I know its gonna be hard but I hope we are trying

Andres Iniesta backed Marco Verratti as his heir at Barcelona, claims Blaise Matuidi

23 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah I know its gonna be hard but I hope we are trying

Andres Iniesta backed Marco Verratti as his heir at Barcelona, claims Blaise Matuidi

I think it's a losing battle with getting Verratti now especially him coming out with quotes about joining Barcelona I would be very surprised Barcelona don't try to sign him in the summer 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

I think it's a losing battle with getting Verratti now especially him coming out with quotes about joining Barcelona I would be very surprised Barcelona don't try to sign him in the summer 

No surrender!

Youre-dismised.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Paris Saint-Germain ready to sell Marco Verratti for £70 million in the summer

Marco Verratti is available for any club willing to spend £70 million on his services, according to reports in Spain.

On 18/02/2017 at 10:50 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello Skipper,

I see that you are also in favour of Mahmoud Dahoud as a potential partner for N'Golo. I have only seen his highlight videos. These show a lot of poise and quality in possession, but how is he on the other side of the ball? How is his tactical discipline and his work rate out of possession? Would he persuade Antonio to select him any more often than the manager selects Cesc?

I can guess that you have positive views about him in this regard or else you probably would not be supporting the idea of pursuing him. Even so, I like your opinions on players so it would be good to hear from you explicitly on Dahoud.

If you're able to reply, I'm guessing you'd prefer to do so in his dedicated thread so I'll check there. Thank you as always.

@Jason regularly watches BMG if I'm not wrong. He'll have a better perspective. From what I've seen from Dahoud though, he is a true B2B midfielder, in that he effects both halves of the game in a positive manner. Caught my eye big time when watching Christensen and Thorgan occasionally, he stood out quite a lot between them. 

Conte's biggest gripe with Fabregas is his lack of athleticism but Dahoud has that in bundles. Defensively, he's very 'feisty' if you want, tackles very well. The main thing he has to work on is his decision making and he seems a little bit under developed tactically but nothing Conte can't fix. He has all the tools, him and Kante in midfield would be one of the most dynamic pairings out there. 

On 18/02/2017 at 1:12 PM, Leif said:

:lol:I'll be shocked if any of us have seen 5 full games of the player.

Dahoud plays for BMG, where Christensen plays. Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean others haven't. I mean BMG were even in the CL this year lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Marco Verratti spoke to the press after Italy's win over Albania: "In Paris, there is an ambitious project, and I think I will stay there next season." Which will come as a blow to Premier League clubs hoping of landing the Italian midfielder (L’Equipe) 

• 1 month later...

I dont think they would sell even his right leg for that much. In this market I think he is worth alot more and obviously PSG doesen't exactly need the money. Great player tho, but I think it's not the position we need strenghtening the most.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You