test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Marco Verratti

Started by Unionjack,

286 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Ridiculous prices thrown around daily, yet every time Chelsea is linked with Verratti they say 30m, 40m, 50m lol. Someone is taking the piss.

55 is about 65 million euros, then if there's add ons it could well become nearer to 75/80. I say that is a fair price considering I put his potential maybe just below Pogba (don't forget marketing value) and he isn't a prolific striker who is worth the money. In fact, I would say 55 million is about right, as he's done nothing special to be worth much more tbh. 

If you are going to throw crazy money at any player, Verratti is one you consider doing so. Ultimately it comes down to Marco, PSG do not need the money. Does he wants to leave, and what is his preference destination? My guess Barcelona if moves away from PSG.

Maybe a player like Jorginho would be much more realistic. He is a fantastic creative player and does his share defensively. 

4 hours ago, It's too big said:

55 is about 65 million euros, then if there's add ons it could well become nearer to 75/80. I say that is a fair price considering I put his potential maybe just below Pogba (don't forget marketing value) and he isn't a prolific striker who is worth the money. In fact, I would say 55 million is about right, as he's done nothing special to be worth much more tbh. 

It sounds right, obviously. Pogba didnt deserve 90m, neither did Higuain, or Belotti for 50. But market is not ''right'' for years.

He has many years left and plays for psg who has money and big ambitions. He is young and already performed well for years now. Going by market prices these days, that pretty much varrants at least 80m.

Belotti rumours pops out, 50m. Kessie 40m, Diawara 40m, Bakayoko 40m,....Verratti 50m? And there were those rubbish rumours about 30m bids. Its funny dont you think? PSG will sell him for giant price IF they sell him and whoever will be bidding, it starts at around 60-70m and on. These rumours coming out are plain bs I guess, the press will link us to every player on globe.

mashimaru161 likes this

50M is the new 20M.  100M is the new 30.  So much money in football these days.  After the Pogba transfer, he still isn't even the highest United player in terms of transfer fee as a % of turnover.  

I'd love to see Verratti here (even though it would probably mean the end of Cesc).  I just can't see it happening though.  We don't really get the players that Barca or Madrid want (correct me if I'm wrong) or City or Utd these days.

11Drogba likes this

I really hope the club & Conte have one clear target in mind to go all out for. Can't be bothered with another window where we're after a few players in one position (Luiz scenario regardless of how it's turned out) and end up rushing to get anyone near the deadline.

Radja is where my choice lies.