Marco Verratti

Unionjack

Well it's clear, after tonight match, he'll go to Barca which really need to improve their midfield. Verratti only can desire to play behind Messi, Neymar and Suarez. It's done. As a juventino i'm very sad about this cause Verratti himself was a juventino and our directors didn't want to put the extra cash PSG did at the time, like 10 -> 15 millions euro. Also it's a shame he will not play in Juve with his national colleagues but whatever... football at these times.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand Verratti hype but Rabiot was a clear MVP today :) What a performance from this young guy :wub:

I still think we won't push for Verratti or any other playmaker unless Conte decides to go 352 with Costa and Eden upfront :) 

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Hello, Mr. Insider! Teach us more.

It's pretty obvious though. He came out and said he couldn't turn down an offer from Barcelona and Barcelona's midfield looks shot to pieces, so I'd imagine he will end up there at some stage.

With inesta not getting any younger you would  have to guess Verratti would be top of Barcelona transfer shortlist for the summer ffs but there's a lot of good young midfielders with great potential who we could sign to play alongside Kante the like of Weigl, Bakayoko, Naby Keita, kessie, Neves 

2 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

It's pretty obvious though. He came out and said he couldn't turn down an offer from Barcelona and Barcelona's midfield looks shot to pieces, so I'd imagine he will end up there at some stage.

Still, it's only february, anything can happen. Does Luis Enrique even want him? Is Enrique going to stay next season? What if PSG got their shit together and won the Champions League? What if Verratti injures pretty bad? What if PSG refuses to sell him? Don't act like you know some inside shit..

By the way, I don't care if he is going to Barca, I don't want him here anyway.

29 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Still, it's only february, anything can happen. Does Luis Enrique even want him? Is Enrique going to stay next season? What if PSG got their shit together and won the Champions League? What if Verratti injures pretty bad? What if PSG refuses to sell him? Don't act like you know some inside shit..

By the way, I don't care if he is going to Barca, I don't want him here anyway.

I never acted like I knew any "inside shit" you absolute bell end. I'm just going by quotes from the player himself.

On 13/02/2017 at 3:08 PM, Dazzy_Vance said:

F***. There goes my hopes of signing him. He's Barcelona quality.

You had hopes of Signing him? It has been obvious for along time he will go to Barca

Barcelona's main midfield is Iniesta, Busquets and Rakitic. They already got Andre Gomes in last summer and it's quite obvious they see Liverpool's Coutinho as the dream candidate to replace Iniesta. Even though Coutinho extended his contract, we all know he won't stay at 'Pool for another 2 years. Neymar is his best bud and nobody will turn down Barcelona when they come knocking. Also, Liverpool might lose out to UCL football AGAIN next season.

Verratti to Barca? Maybe one day but not in the near future. Have to go all out to get him and need Conte to speak with him and persuade him. 

I just wanna say though, even though the likes of Verratti and Pogba are very good prospects, there are many young players out there with that quality. The problem is, giving them a chance to prove it. Chalobah and Baker are both very good centre mids, but without putting faith in them it's pointless. I find it a bit frustrating how we have to go after young players who are already playing for top clubs, rather than using our youth academy to produce first team players. 

31 minutes ago, It's too big said:

I just wanna say though, even though the likes of Verratti and Pogba are very good prospects, there are many young players out there with that quality. The problem is, giving them a chance to prove it. Chalobah and Baker are both very good centre mids, but without putting faith in them it's pointless. I find it a bit frustrating how we have to go after young players who are already playing for top clubs, rather than using our youth academy to produce first team players. 

We will never play own-youth player as it isn't in Chelsea's DNA to do so. We are a buying club. 

23 hours ago, It's too big said:

The only big team in the league that still try to develop own prospect is Arsenal and people are laughing at them.(United but under LVG, it will never happen under Mou). 

If you are trying to compete for title, it is hard to give prospect a chance unless he is an ultra talented player

On 14/02/2017 at 11:26 PM, The Skipper said:

A reminder that someone would actually rather buy Matuidi than Verratti. 

Hello Skipper,

I see that you are also in favour of Mahmoud Dahoud as a potential partner for N'Golo. I have only seen his highlight videos. These show a lot of poise and quality in possession, but how is he on the other side of the ball? How is his tactical discipline and his work rate out of possession? Would he persuade Antonio to select him any more often than the manager selects Cesc?

I can guess that you have positive views about him in this regard or else you probably would not be supporting the idea of pursuing him. Even so, I like your opinions on players so it would be good to hear from you explicitly on Dahoud.

If you're able to reply, I'm guessing you'd prefer to do so in his dedicated thread so I'll check there. Thank you as always.

On 15/02/2017 at 1:59 PM, It's too big said:

I just wanna say though, even though the likes of Verratti and Pogba are very good prospects, there are many young players out there with that quality. The problem is, giving them a chance to prove it. Chalobah and Baker are both very good centre mids, but without putting faith in them it's pointlessademy to produce first team players. 

Being a big PL club who aspires to be prominent in league and Europe you just cant afford to gamble that often about academy kids in a world class enviroment. If we was hapoy to be and stay a mid table club with the only pressure is to not get relegated its far easier. You can take these chances.

Thats why its good for us to loan to those types of clubs. They are getting their training and getting kicked round the park by men in the same league and we dont take the gambles.

In a perfect world we would use the academy as backups and step up if/when necessary and take it permenantly when the 1st team player leaves. But its far from perfect. World class youngsters are rare as fuck and thats why you get such a comotrion and bidding frenzy when they pop their heads up.

IF our academy players are as good as some say then they should be snapped up and getting regular play time at other teams of our level.

But we are putting more into the squad`now. With 5 at present and presumeably more comings and goings pre season.

Im afraid tho in 99% of cases I would buy in..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You