Marco Verratti

Unionjack

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSG put £68.2m price tag on Marco Verratti amid Chelsea and Juventus transfer links

Pay the fucker!!!

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

PSG put £68.2m price tag on Marco Verratti amid Chelsea and Juventus transfer links

Pay the fucker!!!

Very misleading.

The actual print says Juve are willing to pay €80m not that PSG are going to sell. Fancy headline but so much bullshit in that...

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Very misleading.

The actual print says Juve are willing to pay €80m not that PSG are going to sell. Fancy headline but so much bullshit in that...

Verratti: PSG slap €80m price-tag on top summer target of Chelsea, Bayern & Juve

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/verratti-psg-slap-e80m-price-tag-on-top-summer-target-of-chelsea-36484

Calciomercato La Juventus su Verratti: ecco il piano ma il Psg vuole 80 milioni

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/calcio/calcio-mercato/2017/01/05-19551150/la_juventus_su_verratti_ecco_il_piano_ma_il_psg_vuole_80_milioni/?cookieAccept

I'd honestly much sooner buy Matuidi. I understand we need someone who can control the game like when Fabregas plays, but, Verratti assists a lot less than the average playmaker, and I don't think his defensive contribution he's making in France would transfer over here. So we'd get a tidy passer, for 70m. Stupid.

Instead, get another creative forward to flank Costa, and this guy will have the responsibility to hit those precise passes like Fabregas does, and pair our 2 destroyers, Matuidi - Kante in the centre, giving us without doubt the strongest midfield duo in the league. With Verratti - Kante as the combo, we would not have the clear #1 midfield duo. It'd be argued they're too weak, too short, too slow. 2 out of those 3 weaknesses become strengths with Matuidi. I know that I for one want our own version of Yaya Toure, and that's what he'd bring. Plus, we'd still have around 40m leftover this way to combine with the sale of Mikel, giving us around 65m for whoever we want up front, from Sanchez, to Dybala, to Martial (would be random, but i'm just saying.), to Griezmann. 

The alternative is, spunking loads on this player, which is much more of a gamble than my proposed route, and having to be conservative yet again with whoever we bring in as reinforcement upfront. Probably Callejon this time.

I want the best team around, not the best individuals.

2 hours ago, Leif said:

I'd honestly much sooner buy Matuidi. I understand we need someone who can control the game like when Fabregas plays, but, Verratti assists a lot less than the average playmaker, and I don't think his defensive contribution he's making in France would transfer over here. So we'd get a tidy passer, for 70m. Stupid.

Instead, get another creative forward to flank Costa, and this guy will have the responsibility to hit those precise passes like Fabregas does, and pair our 2 destroyers, Matuidi - Kante in the centre, giving us without doubt the strongest midfield duo in the league. With Verratti - Kante as the combo, we would not have the clear #1 midfield duo. It'd be argued they're too weak, too short, too slow. 2 out of those 3 weaknesses become strengths with Matuidi. I know that I for one want our own version of Yaya Toure, and that's what he'd bring. Plus, we'd still have around 40m leftover this way to combine with the sale of Mikel, giving us around 65m for whoever we want up front, from Sanchez, to Dybala, to Martial (would be random, but i'm just saying.), to Griezmann. 

The alternative is, spunking loads on this player, which is much more of a gamble than my proposed route, and having to be conservative yet again with whoever we bring in as reinforcement upfront. Probably Callejon this time.

How many times have you seen Verratti play? Serious question. 

Can't believe anyone would want a nearly 30 year old Matuidi over Verratti. 

14 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

How many times have you seen Verratti play? Serious question. 

Can't believe anyone would want a nearly 30 year old Matuidi over Verratti. 

If his description of Verratti is simply 'a tidy passer', I imagine not so much. I would even take Rabiot over Matuidi. 

I swear people chat so much shit.

Skipper, around 20-30 times. You? (If it was up to you and your imaginary cousin who existed on this forum for 3 days to give you a winning vote for 'Member of the month' we'd still have broken-legs Sturridge trying to lead our line. Let's not try and discuss who's better at judging a player here.)

Angel, talk to me, not about me. Why would you take Rabiot over Matuidi? What do you think Verratti offers other than 'creativity' and tidy passes as I put it? Also, what do you think Rabiot offers? What are his strengths? I thought he looked alright during his first few PSG performances but he never set the world on fire. He'd do well in a system that's all-legs & huff-and-puff.

I just have a really bad feeling that we won't even try to get him and he'll end up making a huge transfer to one of the two Manchester clubs. Most likely United. He and Pogba in midfield...man...

We have this enormous sum of unexpected money meaning it would cost maybe £20m net to sign a player with world class ability and talent. Why not just test PSG and see if he's interested himself? Instead of going for Kessie or Bakayoko who are complete unknowns when it comes to their future, why not get a sure fire superstar who Conte even knows very well? It just makes perfect sense.

We're a richer club than we ever have been and are front runners for the league right now. Make a statement signing!

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Skipper, around 20-30 times. You? (If it was up to you and your imaginary cousin who existed on this forum for 3 days to give you a winning vote for 'Member of the month' we'd still have broken-legs Sturridge trying to lead our line. Let's not try and discuss who's better at judging a player here.)

Probably slightly more than that but still, refuse to believe you've watched Verratti play for that many times and think he's just a 'tidy passer'. 

Imaginary cousin? Do you want me to take some photos for you so that you can see he wasn't imaginary?

Imaginary like you pretending to be a grime producer who's produces for the likes of Nines in the Hip Hop topic? Lmao.

If you want to check, that MOTM was actually won by 3 votes, sadly for you. So stop making up stuff. Same way you're pretending to have watched Verratti that many times. How can anyone who's seriously watched him that many times say he's simply a tidy passer and prefer Matuidi over him?

I genuinely can't believe you're trying to get at me for saying that Sturridge should've been starting over Torres during his time here; all I was essentially saying? That he was our best striker at the time already, and has scope to grow into a top striker (as he's proven today). You'd be daft to think otherwise right now. If that's a bad opinion to have then I don't know for you.

Lay off the drugs kid, clearly living in some alternate universe. 

I'm sure the 23 games you've seen to my 20 has filled your history with amazing Verratti moments that I've missed. An above average player who isn't near greatness like Modric, Kroos, like Fabregas was, like others I'll pluck up who play to a higher level today if anyone asks. It is delusion to believe Verratti is worthy of a 70m price tag, even 'in this market'. There's no point trying to convince someone who believes to their core that the sky is pink, that it's blue. Similarly, I'm telling you, Verratti is a product of PR, like most players we're linked with. Because that's what PR is. We are not going to sign him because Conte is not deluded.

I'd take him for £7m, but even then, I would not have confidence in him being a consistent starter for us. Technique is not enough. Fabregas has all of it in the world, yet gets benched for being too slow. Which we agree is a fair argument. So it is indeed just as fair to believe, a midfield duo of two 5'5 players is hilariously naive. I wouldn't bet on Verratti beating Fabregas in a race, either. 70m to bring absolutely nothing that we don't already have to this team. How wise.

Based on the last 2 seasons, which most are using to measure Verratti's ability, Rabiot has been the one showing higher potential. Not necessarily being as consistently shoved down our mouths via PR (Marco doesn't get headlines in France, only over here), but at least more consistently, even though sporadically, being damn right bonkers with some of his vision & tactical awareness. He's already a leader, the type of leader who inspires those around him to up their game. That's another box Verratti doesn't tick; he's as motivational as a 5 year old holding a stick pretending to be a CEO.

There's no question which one is up for derbies and which one sees it as just another game.

5 hours ago, Leif said:

2 destroyers is just 1 too many. We need a creative force that can pick up the ball deep and distribute it to the entire team. Problem with what you said is that we'd need that creative forward to drop deep to pick up the ball leaving us with 1 player less in front of the ball, 1 player less to pick out. Not to mention we'd have 2 destroyers who would be close to useless when we have the ball. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You