Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

10 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Sarri should consider Alonso as a Striker/CF, his major assets is that he excels in the final third ... I'm sure he will much much better than Morata in every sense and more importantly would have more goals for us :ph34r:

Excels in the final 3rd is a gross exaggeration, he doesn't. Do you think he'd be clinical when he'd be specifically marked by several defenders and he doesn't have the luxury to be the odd man in the box coming from deep left?

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

No speed at all.

We called this before a game was kicked off, as soon as Sarri was announced.

The teams weaknesses were hardly state secrets.

Strikers were shit, I mean SHIT are shit, will be shit

RW is shit, as Pedro is not an everyday player at this point in his career (he never really was, as he is very slight of build and takes a beating) and Willian is a joke, a £65m loss of a great sale joke

LB is shit, Alonso clearly is not a back 4 acceptable level fullback

Thing is he'll score in a game or two, then to dissenters he's 'OK' again

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Not me. He needs to be sold whilst we can still get good money for him. He simply isn't good enough. Same for Willian, Morata, Cahill, Luiz, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Moses, Zappacosta, and probably Emerson (he has done nothing to convince me he isnt permanently damaged goods).

All those are doing nothing but going down in value each year.

We need to see what Baba Rahman can do at LB and Bats can do at striker and sell them too if they are not going to work out.

I am willing to keep Cesc and Giroud on for one more year, unless we get crazy money offers.

It is madness to build a team around Alonso, Willian, Luiz, and Morata.

That is EXACTLY what the fucking board is trying to do by renewing the first 3 and refusing to get a new striker to replace the 4th.

Insanity_light-bulb_feature-1014x487.jpg

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The goals don’t change anything for me, if anything it’s frustrating that to most other supporters a goal here and there papers over the flaws to his game. 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

It is madness to build a team around Alonso, Willian, Luiz, and Morata.

That is EXACTLY what the fucking board is trying to do by renewing the first 3 and refusing to get a new striker to replace the 4th.

We're not sure the board is trying to do that. The usual pattern is Sarri will be given a few choices for next season, then fuck all, and the revolving door gets pushed again.

Main areas for improvement at the moment are the defence (only Rudiger gets in at the moment, the rest have been ropey on and off all season) and we clearly need a decent centre forward. Willian and Pedro will do for this season, but beyond next season we need decent replacements in several positions, but don't expect seismic movements in January.

It's my assessment that it's not just Alonso that's poor the whole fucking team is apart from Hazard.

Our 2nd half display against manure just confirmed to me we're a one man team, the rest are just average at best, god forbid Hazard gets injured we've got no one with any flair or imagination.

The whole fucking lot of them need a overhaul.

In with a chance of the league title the pundits say, don't make me laugh! we're going to struggle the even finish 4th with this lot, so don't apportion all the blame on Alonso.

6 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

It's my assessment that it's not just Alonso that's poor the whole fucking team is apart from Hazard.

Our 2nd half display against manure just confirmed to me we're a one man team, the rest are just average at best, god forbid Hazard gets injured we've got no one with any flair or imagination.

The whole fucking lot of them need a overhaul.

In with a chance of the league title the pundits say, don't make me laugh! we're going to struggle the even finish 4th with this lot, so don't apportion all the blame on Alonso.

To be fair, Kepa, Rudiger, Jorginho, Kovavcic, and part-timers Barkley and Pedro have been pretty good, especially the first 3. Kante and Azpi have dropped off from last 3-4 years levels (although in Kante's case it is due to his struggling with a new role). The rest, absolutely I agree are either just not good enough or are playing poorly, or are simply too old. It is a massive issue, papered over by a really good start (we have been really lucky in a number of games where teams have missed multiple sitters).

We desperately need to go after Icardi (it is going to come down to us and RM), Dybala or maybe Piatek at striker, and also a truly impactful RW, with Bailey, Bernardeschi, Malcom (who is not all happy at Barca, as predicted), Christian Pulisic, Hirving Lozano, Suso, and David Neres being the best options, in that order.

I agree with you totally, I want immediate response from Sarri, this is the wrong forum for this subject I know but got to start somewhere:D

FFS when fit put Ampadu in to replace Luiz, and get rid of Pedro and Willian and play Odoi on the right, i'm not sure about this 4-3-3 either I want the wee man back to his best position DMF, I say fuck it go 4-2-3-1

Kepa

Dave Ampadu Rudi Emerson

Wee Man Jorginho

Hazard Barkley Odoi

Giroud

I know we're still a team in transmission, but fucking hell come up against any one half decent at present and we're lost,

3 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I agree with you totally, I want immediate response from Sarri, this is the wrong forum for this subject I know but got to start somewhere:D

FFS when fit put Ampadu in to replace Luiz, and get rid of Pedro and Willian and play Odoi on the right, i'm not sure about this 4-3-3 either I want the wee man back to his best position DMF, I say fuck it go 4-2-3-1

Kepa

Dave Ampadu Rudi Emerson

Wee Man Jorginho

Hazard Barkley Odoi

Giroud

I know we're still a team in transmission, but fucking hell come up against any one half decent and we're lost,

Main issue with that is that Sarri will not change his system for shit. He is very stubborn that way. We either believe in him and it, and buy him players who fit in it or we start to prepare for the inevitable sacking when/if the wheels come off due injuries (probably caused by poor rotation/tired players), too many square pegs/round holes (Kante perhaps, plus Alonso, etc) big players/young prospects leaving (Hazard, CHO, RLC, AC, etc) and/or too many shit players/refusal to sell donkies (Morata, Drinkwater, Willian, Bakayoko, Moses etc etc etc).

I deal with medium to long term even horizons, not a game at a time. Game at a time thinking will quickly get us in serious trouble and also cashier our future.

29 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Kepa

Dave Ampadu Rudi Emerson

Wee Man Jorginho

Hazard Barkley Odoi

Giroud

I know we're still a team in transmission, but fucking hell come up against any one half decent at present and we're lost,

I get the impression that Sarri is like our previous managers when it comes to changing formations, very rigid about it. It can be a big plus, because the team will master playing in that formation, but it can also become a hindrance when teams adapt to your new style better and more games will require changing things around. Pep is a good example of how you can change things and still have the team playing brilliantly.

16 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Watching this Juve game, this Sandro fella would be an excellent replacement

Lolol (and crying, especially when adding in my other extreme Sarriball want fullback, RB Cancelo)

3 years plus of trying for Sandro, 3 years of Italian ass fucking to show for it.

Not even a box of chocolates for conciliation. 

1 minute ago, bigbluewillie said:

Aint Juve playing Sarriball well, or should i say properly:D

Yeah, they seem to have it off to a tee, with an actual striker and Allegri seems to have weened Cuadrado of the crystal meth too

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Couple weeks ago... all comments would have been that it is truly deserved. On the back of a bad game: "he is stealing a living".

Yes, he has his flaws but highly deserved and regardless of what people say, he has been a huge success here and Sarri rates him very highly.

Keep up the good work Alonso!

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

Jesus fucking christ.

We are so fucked.

Next will be the Willian and Luiz extensions. 

Can't wait to hear the status quo/settle crew comments full of praise on those.

My stance will be proven to be correct. That is not cockiness, that is not playa hating, it is reality. 

A non top 4 finish this year basically destroys the club on terms of WC footie for multiple years (Hazard will surely leave as well) unless we are sold to an owner who puts real football people in charge, not Sibneft mafia draw-downers.

Just shocked that more do not see this lipstick-on-a-pig modus operandi.