Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

With that sort of fee you'd expect him to go straight in the team after he's up to speed. Whole lot of cash for just cover for Ivanovic/Azpi.

Not getting my hopes up. With us winning our first 3 and Ivanovic yet to implode Conte may not change anything right away.

28 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Cautiously optimistic. Tall, athletic, tactically diverse, left footed, PL proven, Conte approved.

Is he really? You need to have actually played well to get that tag; it's not enough to just have played in the league.

As long as he doesn't look like a terrified deer in the headlights and can play simple passes he'll be better than Baba.

Could be huge signing if he settles well. Imagine Hazard with an actual skilled LB on his side. Plus having the work rate of both Willian and Azpi on one side would be terrific.

Let's see if Conte has the balls to drop Ivanovic. Neither of our last two managers did. He dropped Cesc so I have a bit more faith.

3 minutes ago, Styles said:

Is he really? You need to have actually played well to get that tag; it's not enough to just have played in the league.

He assisted for the equalizer against Chelsea in 2014 when we lost 1-2 and dropped out of the title race. :Goober:

33 minutes ago, Styles said:

He has won Bolton player of the year and also played for Sunderland. Maybe I'll change my wording from PL proven to PL experienced. It is a big point with people here that the player can keep up with PL and I think it's encouraging he has played in the league.