Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

3 seasons at Chelsea and hes about 10 goals off what Willian has done here in 6 years in the PL (which I expect to change this season I think hes gonna get that 10 plus along with Pedro as well). Seen that on twitter somewhere. Doesn't mean anything but for a left back, impressive. 

Very understandable why RM supposedly want him, He might make a very good ST.

I would still take Telles please!

12 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Very understandable why RM supposedly want him, He might make a very good ST.

I would still take Telles please!

Speaking of real deal LB's,MENDY!!  OMG, he was a FUCKING MONSTER TODAY for shitty!! Add him to Sane and Aymeric Laporte and Bernardo (fuck scrapping for Bailey if we had that little soon to be superstar) to players I soooooooooooooooooo wish we had. (Dont get me started on KDB, sob)

We got the only one off that Monaco club who is SHIT, lolol.

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

Speaking of real deal LB's,MENDY!!  OMG, he was a FUCKING MONSTER TODAY for shitty!! Add him to Sane and Aymeric Laporte and Bernardo (fuck scrapping for Bailey if we had that little soon to be superstar) to players I soooooooooooooooooo wish we had. (Dont get me started on KDB, sob)

We got the only one off that Monaco club who is SHIT, lolol.

Alonso is great technically. Hes good on the ball, pretty fast making decisions, great with his headers, can take a wicked free kick and throw in the odd bicycle kick  - a good forward!.
But I see  Alonsos problems are a part of who he is - his speed (or lack of) and his unawareness. And its too late to make him faster and being aware is something you either have or you haven't IMHO
But theres a real lack of good LBs. I'd obvious;y kill for Telles BUT of course that will be bloody difficult so I’d look into getting Shaw with his contract situation. If by any chance the Manc twats don’t extend his contract, then I’d jump all over him on a free. He's fast - loads of pace. He’s great offensively, Got a decent pass. a good cross like Alonso with the addition of being a defender. His problems like Alonso is discipline and positioning which are things that can be worked on (just like they can on Alonso) But hes got the speed, awareness and defending that Alonso hasn't got.
But just as we saw in the 2nd half against the north London team once we press and defend as a unit the Alonso speed issue isn't that big of an issue is it!

On 8/19/2018 at 1:49 PM, Strike said:

This time last year, he was the hero against Spurs in Wembley

But nothing has changed for me. Just like then, he needs to be rotated. Give Emerson a try and see how he handles it

I just wish I could say with certainty that Emerson is better in defense.

Rotation will happen nonetheless.

20 hours ago, Mana said:

It's just so...weird. Alonso is limited, slow and easily exploited yet sometimes he goes on and have performances like this.

Going forward he's alright and can cause problems for oppositions, but defensively (the most important part) is poor. Reminds me a bit of David Luiz back in the day.

Ah yes. 100% true. Almost forgot about that.

Not sure about the Luiz analogy. Luiz back then is as Luiz right now.

Luiz if he wants to, can raise his game and look like the best defender on the pitch. When that happens, is a different question.,

Atletico Madrid eye shock move for Chelsea ace

https://www.whoscored.com/News/F56M3JKoDkik3nJoDstXXQ/Show/Atletico-Madrid-eye-shock-move-for-Chelsea-ace

They got Filipe Luis back and Diego what more do tthey want1

AM stick a 30me tag on Filipe and want to pay £30 mill for Alonso! Make it £60

53 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Luis is old and wants to go to to PSG. Alonso is so not a Simeone type. I rate this rumour bollocks. 

Tell AM to void out Lucas Hernandez contract. We sign him on a free, and they can have Alonso for free.

Hell yes!

14 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Atletico Madrid eye shock move for Chelsea ace

https://www.whoscored.com/News/F56M3JKoDkik3nJoDstXXQ/Show/Atletico-Madrid-eye-shock-move-for-Chelsea-ace

They got Filipe Luis back and Diego what more do tthey want1

AM stick a 30me tag on Filipe and want to pay £30 mill for Alonso! Make it £60

it's a shame we sold Filipe Luis He would  have been perfect under sarri 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1006987/Real-Madrid-Transfer-News-Live-Updates-WIllian-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Chelsea-Gossip-Latest

Marcos Alonso price set

Real Madrid can sign Chelsea star Marcos Alonso if they meet the Blues’ £54million asking price, reports claim.

Real Madrid know signing Alonso will be difficult given Chelsea are unable to sign a replacement until January at the earliest.

However, the Blues are willing to do business if Real cough up £54million, Spanish newspaper AS say.

AS say Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia is willing to sell Alonso.

However, in doing so, it would risk a row with Sarri.

The new Chelsea coach reportedly feels Alonso is one of the most important players currently at his disposal.

I don’t know how he does it. Was awful today and still manages to win a pen that probably wasn’t a pen, and have a weak off target shot redirected into the goal. If this makes him ‘clutch’, ‘best LB in the PL’ or ‘great going forward’ then...I dunno. I can never take to this guy. But he managed to paper over the cracks well.

as said in the match chat, what an amazign start to the season 1 goal 3 assists, 2 of those were match winning contributions. 

Still for like 60m I would sell him but I don't believe REal will sign him for that much when they have Marcelo

22 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

as said in the match chat, what an amazign start to the season 1 goal 3 assists, 2 of those were match winning contributions. 

Still for like 60m I would sell him but I don't believe REal will sign him for that much when they have Marcelo

This guy just amazes me. I was complaining of how poor Alonso has been attacking wise, compared to how fullbacks of other possession teams who face parked buses every game make overlapping/dribbling runs with dangerous crosses into the box. Alonso was average for 75 mins, no completed cross, no overlapping run, no dribble, then BOOM!! Wins a penalty and scores a goal :doh:

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, Magic Lamps said:

1 goal, 4 assists mate. He got the penalty for Jorginho against Huddersfield. He set up Pedro against Arsenal. Won the penalty for Hazard and the OG was assisted by him. Such an undervalued player. There is not another fullback who contributes his stats in attack. Alonso the to the rescue again :cig: