Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

21 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

To be fair, Alonso has a great technique. Especially shooting technique, I think hes the best shooter in chelsea.

But I value energetic, ashley cole type fullbacks so it makes me judge Alonso harder.

what i wouldnt give to have a player like Ashley Cole right now, he was the complete package regarding fullbacks, either in defense or attack.

For a player who can strike the ball so well, some of his crosses are a bit awkward.

Still, the assist for the first goal was something else. Not only a perfect final pass to Pedro, but the first touch to control the long ball.

Always a quality player in my book. Need a bit of system at work to protect him for both his lack of pace and the fact he's an attacking FB and will get forward a lot (as he should).

If he does not make that run into the box, there is no goal and no win. Only goals count in this game. :)

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Was very impressed with him actually, thought he defended well, set up the first goal too. I thought Bellerin's pace would of caused him a problem all game long and maybe for 20 minutes (think the whole team struggled there) it did but rest of the match he was solid. 

Unrelated to Alonso, but Bellerin has really lost some pace over the last year or so.  It is really weird to see.

9 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

Unrelated to Alonso, but Bellerin has really lost some pace over the last year or so.  It is really weird to see.

Reckon It's the beginning of the season factor. All players are somewhat unfit, but some more than others due to longer vacation, niggling injuries, or their own physique/natural fitness level.

39 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Reckon It's the beginning of the season factor. All players are somewhat unfit, but some more than others due to longer vacation, niggling injuries, or their own physique/natural fitness level.

I would probably say this as well, if it wasn't for last season, where he also looked useless for most of it. 

4 minutes ago, yuvala said:

Always love Alonso because of his character, even though he's not all that great of a defender.. 

Scored some important goals for us

66 matches 15 goals 7 assists in the Premier League for Chelsea, impressive AF.

38 minutes ago, Thor said:

He is such a polarising player. I don't even know what to think anymore. 

Just play him at ST.

From the moment we were linked with Marcos I said that I thought he could help us and that I was in favour of signing him. I believe he has been an upgrade on what we had before, but I have also often said that there are better LBs out there who could upgrade us again. We need to make that step forward but, in the meantime, I don't understand all the stick Marcos gets. It's not his fault that he is Chelsea's starting left back. Until the club recruits a better one, we should support the left back we have.

20 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

66 matches 15 goals 7 assists in the Premier League for Chelsea, impressive AF.

3 seasons at Chelsea and hes about 10 goals off what Willian has done here in 6 years in the PL (which I expect to change this season I think hes gonna get that 10 plus along with Pedro as well). Seen that on twitter somewhere. Doesn't mean anything but for a left back, impressive.