Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

• 2 months later...

What do you think about a straight swap with Barca

Alonso for Jasper Cillessen?

Cillessen has a 40 million euro release clause, that seems about right for Alonso at this point, and then we can sell Courtois and avoid losing him on a free. I watched Cillesson again yesterday and he seems FAR superior to all the other dodgy keepers we have or have been linked to.

Alonso is only around 1 and a half years younger than Cillesson and keepers go much longer than LB's in career usually. Alonso is already slow, so when he loses a step he is well and truly shot.

It should be SO easy to do a quick sale of Courtois then, and take that cash and buy a left back to pair with Emerson

Barca is on the verge of selling Lucas Digne to Everton so they will need another LB

some good ones still out there for us if we hurry

Alex Telles from Porto (my first choice given the circumstances)

José Gayà from Valencia

Alejandro Grimaldo from Benfica (he scored yesterday v Juve)

Layvin Kurzawa from PSG

Wendell from Bayer Leverkusen

Theo Hernández from Real Madrid (Lucas's brother, OMG would kill to have Lucas but ZERO chance AM sells him)

- Hoofs the ball out, rather than trying to play out from the back due to lack of composure.

- Gets easily beaten in 1v1 due to lack of pace.

- Gets caught out of position due to lack of pace.

Marcos Alonso our starting LB ladies and gentlemen.

7 minutes ago, laeth said:

- Hoofs the ball out, rather than trying to play out from the back due to lack of composure.

he's just not good enough 

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

And worryingly Emersons looking either game rusty or hes taken a step back to me. Maybe I'm being too harsh??

It's pre-season ATM I wouldn't judge Emerson Palmieri now  

1 hour ago, laeth said:

Imo he looks even more lost at LB. No more being allowed to goal hang and take pot shots like under Conte. No tangible qualities to his game bar freekicks.

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

I would offer drinkwater and moses for zaha to Palace 

Tell that silly Granny woman!!!

1 minute ago, ja1 said:

Imo he looks even more lost at LB. No more being allowed to goal hang and take pot shots like under Conte. No tangible qualities to his game bar freekicks.

But he is still doing mate

I was wondering if it was some sort of a Sarri move to get him (and Zappa I noticed) taking long shots on goal. Tho Ive not seen one on target yet.

17 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Tell that silly Granny woman!!!

But he is still doing mate

I was wondering if it was some sort of a Sarri move to get him (and Zappa I noticed) taking long shots on goal. Tho Ive not seen one on target yet.

Have to say not something I’ve noticed, I can’t think of Alonso taking any shots on goal from long range this pre season, maybe 1 or 2 that weee wildly off target (and of course free kicks). But not something that seems like Sarri instructed him too. Same with Zappa, I think they’re both just players who when in space 25-30 yards out will opt to shoot. 

Under Conte Alonso had almost free reign sometimes to give the ball to Hazard/whoever is playing LW and just run into the box and stay there until attack broke down. 

4 hours ago, the wes said:

I would offer drinkwater and moses for zaha to Palace 

Moses £25m

Drinkwater £30m

£55m total (If we are lucky!)

Palace want insane £90m for Zaha

even if they come down to £80

there is no way Granny stumps up £25m with three RWers on the books

so now you are into another sale (and we all now probably Willian isnt going anywhere, or they would have bitten Barca's hand off for that £65m, UNLESS we do that goddamn Martial swap, which the cunts SHOULD BE PUTTING ALL EFFORT INTO)

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

Still early days under Sarri but Alonso appears to be heading down the Ivanovic (in his latter years) route - a bad player, contributes nothing but gets picked for whatever reason to the detriment of the team.

He was exposed when Conte played 4 in the back ... his revival was when we moved 3 in the back and he got more chance to move forward. Yes he was a much improved player but he wouldnt last in the LB role under Sarri. Would hope that Sarri try Emerson with Alonso as a backup. 

6 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

He was exposed when Conte played 4 in the back ... his revival was when we moved 3 in the back and he got more chance to move forward. Yes he was a much improved player but he wouldnt last in the LB role under Sarri. Would hope that Sarri try Emerson with Alonso as a backup. 

Ive always wanted us to go more down the US football route,

Having special teams come out for certain plays then piss off back the the bench.

Bring Cahill and Happy out for set pieces so their heads would make great targets. Its the only way i see either in a Sarri side I'm sad to say. Well sad about Happy anywho!

13 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Alonso never played in a back 4 under Conte. Azpi started at LB before Alonso came in when Conte switched to the 3-4-3.