Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

How is it not a big difference? Haven't we all been complaining about Alonso's lack of pace at LWB? Yes, he has those characteristics you mentioned but pace is also important. Having quick defenders can allow to play higher up the pitch if needed. Wouldn't want to end up in a scenario where the opposition will just constantly target Alonso by having quick players up against him or get caught out because opposition just play the long ball over him for players to run into.

He has been doing fine as a LWB.. I mean, ok, we can critisize him but still he managed to win PL as a startin 11 member and get into the PFA toty in a shit team, so he doesnt lack pace that much.. If his pace is ok for a lwb his pace might be just fine for a cb.

Just now, nyikolajevics said:

He has been doing fine as a LWB.. I mean, ok, we can critisize him but still he managed to win PL as a startin 11 member and get into the PFA toty in a shit team, so he doesnt lack pace that much.. If his pace is ok for a lwb his pace might be just fine for a cb.

tenor.gif?itemid=6152176

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Alonso at CB? Really? He is so slow and turns like a tank. Any striker with the tiniest of pace would be able to get the better of him. 

1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

Alonso at LCB ? :lol: I really hope you people are on crack.

Just worth a shout maybe. Who knows. Barcelona are apparently interested in him and I doubt they'd want to play him as a LB considering his lack of pace and level of quality in comparison to Jordi Alba.... Although it could be a bullshit rumour but he has played there beforehand at Fiorentina and I doubt he'd look too out of place in all fairness. Pace isn't everything although for a LWB yes you'd want someone who has a bit more of it like Emerson but as a LCB, he would not be that slow, I mean lets be honest Cahill, Azpi and Christensen are hardly that fast either although Azpi is without a doubt faster than Alonso. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Just worth a shout maybe. Who knows. Barcelona are apparently interested in him and I doubt they'd want to play him as a LB considering his lack of pace and level of quality in comparison to Jordi Alba.... Although it could be a bullshit rumour but he has played there beforehand at Fiorentina and I doubt he'd look too out of place in all fairness. Pace isn't everything although for a LWB yes you'd want someone who has a bit more of it like Emerson but as a LCB, he would not be that slow, I mean lets be honest Cahill, Azpi and Christensen are hardly that fast either although Azpi is without a doubt faster than Alonso. 

Barcelona was rumored to be interested in Cahill once before and that turned out to be BS. Likely to be same case here.

2 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Will walk back into the team...guaranteed.

Honestly I hope we finish with Emerson playing LWB to the season is over. He has been solid so far and I think there is plenty more to come from him, just a matter of if Conte will be bold enough to keep him there or not. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Barcelona was rumored to be interested in Cahill once before and that turned out to be BS. Likely to be same case here.

Cahill wasn't Spanish tho. And right now most football watchers apart from us think the sun shines out his arse right now.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Love how silent it is in this thread when he gets back from a 3 game ban and is absolutely rock solid. Him and Rudiger were immense shutting down Salah.

It was an average game from him, tbh a typical Alonso performance where he hasn’t really contributed anything tangible. Moses had a far better game and Rudiger was the one who had a great game against Salah.

44 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Love how silent it is in this thread when he gets back from a 3 game ban and is absolutely rock solid. Him and Rudiger were immense shutting down Salah.

Its difficult when the match is on to come to a players thread, make a comment, then go carry on talking about the game. All the players get yakked about in one post if ya get me.

I' think everyone said he had a good one.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Why Barcelona’s £80m move for Chelsea goal-machine doesn’t add up

http://www.chelsea-news.co/2018/05/barcelonas-80m-move-chelsea-goal-machine-doesnt-add/

Don balon reporting that everything that comes from that fella mouth is BS