Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

18 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

When one troll gets banned, and another comes back...

11 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

A quick at your post history and figured an obvious troll is obvious. So many of you guys around here lately.

Should expect another soon then. I'm going to be really honest with you guys, I'm sick to death of these one sentence fools with nothing to say except dime-a-dozen pessimistic drivel.

Never impressed me or stood out whenever I saw a Fiorentina game over the years. Seemed at home at that level tbh. Could make a decent squad player but I don't this guy is Chelsea's new left-back. Darmian looked like a better player imo but he isn't up to standards either.

Chelsea seriously has a strong aversion against fullbacks with real pace btw. Always decent pace at best. Cole and Bosingwa being the exceptions.

We're signing Kolarov, lol, he looks like an owner of lovely left-foot, anyone who can strike the ball so sweetly at free kicks has a gift, tall so i wonder why he wasn't on the radar last year when Jose made a point that he looks for centimetres in full-backs, likes to buldozing his way through like Iva. I can only hope that he knows how to get back to his position, doesn't have brainfarts and doesn't commit too early in 1on1s. And the most important thing, doesn't panic at earliest pressure, knows how to keep the ball and can play from the back, that's what I ask for.

3 hours ago, milka said:

Chelsea have submitted a €20m bid plus bonus and have on the table a 5 year contract for Marcos Alonso. #FIorentina requests €25m (GdS) #CFC

Another reject  :D

We fucked over Fiorentina with salah now it's pay back time from fiorentina 

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

Never impressed me or stood out whenever I saw a Fiorentina game over the years. Seemed at home at that level tbh. Could make a decent squad player but I don't this guy is Chelsea's new left-back. Darmian looked like a better player imo but he isn't up to standards either.

Chelsea seriously has a strong aversion against fullbacks with real pace btw. Always decent pace at best. Cole and Bosingwa being the exceptions.

Probably because a lot of fullbacks with pace can't defend to save their life and the one's that can cost a bomb.

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

I do remember him being a standout, flash in the pan type at Sunderland but I haven't seen him since he left there.

Looks really good in that YouTube highlight video. Looks really awkward to see a LB that's so tall. Great tekkers, though.

Maybe that's a good thing. We can finally dump Ivanovic to the bench, put Azpi at RB and have Alonso do the Ivanovic role on the left side - winning headers etc!

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wtf? 

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

When Cole left, I was really worried about the fullback positions. It doesn't seem like there's many truly world class fullbacks. They either are great attackers and suspect defenders or good defenders and suspect attackers. They're out there, but clubs want to hold on to them. Filipe Luis was an exception, but he never got a chance with Mourinho playing favorites. If only he was available this summer instead of a couple summers ago.

17 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

When Cole left, I was really worried about the fullback positions. It doesn't seem like there's many truly world class fullbacks. They either are great attackers and suspect defenders or good defenders and suspect attackers. They're out there, but clubs want to hold on to them. Filipe Luis was an exception, but he never got a chance with Mourinho playing favorites. If only he was available this summer instead of a couple summers ago.

Stop with this crap. Jose played the players he felt were the best. He won the league.  After he lost the players, and lost his job, Guus made the same choices The Special One had done. So far Antonio has also made those same choices. How many clues do you need? 

You go right on living in your fantasy world, believing that you know better than these three great managers, and I will go on recognising crap when I read it.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Stop with this crap. Jose played the players he felt were the best. He won the league.  After he lost the players, and lost his job, Guus made the same choices The Special One had done. So far Antonio has also made those same choices. How many clues do you need? 

You go right on living in your fantasy world, believing that you know better than these three great managers, and I will go on recognising crap when I read it.

Guus and Conte didn't have Luis though...

16 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Guus and Conte didn't have Luis though...

That therefore is not evidence which can be used on either side of the argument. You may believe that other managers, If choosing from the same squad, would have preferred Luis but you can't know it. All of the actual evidence, even the Mikel/Matic situation, points the same way on this one.