Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

36 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I think people are aware of the ability he possesses, but his performance could have been completely different had Traore attacked him.

To be fair, Traore did try to attack him a couple of times in the first half but Boro were too useless and couldn't get any foothold in the game to cause real trouble.

To be fair, Traore did try to attack him a couple of times in the first half but Boro were too useless and couldn't get any foothold in the game to cause real trouble.

The fact Alonso was in their half more than his own says how bad they were on the night.

Don't think he ever lost control of the ball from any long pass played towards him today (even if he had help from Traore failing to track back). Its been such a benefit this season having full-backs playing on the side that suits their stronger foot. 

Not to mention he subdued Traore, who was forced to cut into the center of the field to make any kind of advance

Truly didn't expect it from him this season. 

I still think he is below par for CL elite material, but for a last minute buy not bad at all. 

If Conte can pick out players like this then I can't wait to see what surprise he picks this summer. 

I know not everything will be amazing. But if he can get 3 out 4 good buys then that's all you need. 

Rumors saying Barcelona are interested in him. 

Hopefully not true, but Barcelona desperately need new FBs.

He can only keep getting better, which is frightening. I would definitely not mind him being our first choice LB next season. He's earned it. 

3 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Rumors saying Barcelona are interested in him. 

Hopefully not true, but Barcelona desperately need new FBs.

He can only keep getting better, which is frightening. I would definitely not mind him being our first choice LB next season. He's earned it. 

Rumours say Barcelona are interested in everyone. Weren´t they supposed to be going after cuadrado when he was with us or something?

On Alonso, I doubt they want him. I don´t see him fitting that Barca fullback style

On one hand he lacks pace, which Barca values a lot. On the other hand, he has tons of technique, which barca values even more, so not completely crazy idea TBH.

He's 26, and playing as well as he did this season, he certainly deserves a shot in the CL next season and I think he will do well.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...