Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

The stats before the latest league win showed Alonso had covered the highest distance per 90 minutes of any Blues player to have played 500 minutes or more this season, at an average of 7.9 miles a match.http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/01/alonso-in-on-the-act.html

Unlike most of you who are a bunch of knee jerk reaction people I still think he is very limited and should be replaced. 

One good game does not make a trend, as neither one bad game makes a trend. 

The overall analysis for me still hold, very limited player that should be one of a squad player. 

Hopefully we can upgrade in the coming transfer window. 

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Unlike most of you who are a bunch of knee jerk reaction people I still think he is very limited and should be replaced. 

The overall analysis for me still hold, very limited player that should be one of a squad player. 

You are right  there are better options out there and we should ponder those too including our very own Kennedy and Baba who are both prolly better suited for that role. However yesterday was a flawless performance. We needed a hero to bail us out, he did so kudos. Let him have his moment 

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I only found out about this today. He ended up with a fine he's a very lucky boy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13266141

I know right, I just found out about this on Monday. 

So sickening to know you have a murderer playing for your team. That fine he recieved was less than a week's wages too! Apparently that's just how the law in Spain works. 

If you don't have any criminal background, then like your first offense (to certain degree) can be paid off. 

Wonder the pain that young woman's family must go through. 

48 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I know right, I just found out about this on Monday. 

So sickening to know you have a murderer playing for your team. That fine he recieved was less than a week's wages too! Apparently that's just how the law in Spain works. 

If you don't have any criminal background, then like your first offense (to certain degree) can be paid off. 

Wonder the pain that young woman's family must go through. 

I thought the law there is (in some cases atleast) that the victims family can decide either the criminal pays the fine or goes to jail and while not common, Marcos was good friend and they decided to only fine him.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Indeed but I do wonder if we'll get a LWB with a sweet left foot like Alonso. So unlucky that his 18-yard volley went wide yesterday. Hit it so beautifully!

He has physical limitations which compromise his defending abilities, but he has a good toolkit to support the attack. A good shot, good cross, decent ability to dribble in 1x1 situations, good vision.

I don't know if his defensive issues can be remedied or at least diminished, I would like an improvement on him, but I also value the hard work, good presentations (especially attacking) he has done here.

I did say he couldn't suck :P