test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

3. Marcos Alonso

Started by Spike,

876 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Alonso at CB? Really? He is so slow and turns like a tank. Any striker with the tiniest of pace would be able to get the better of him. 

1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

Alonso at LCB ? :lol: I really hope you people are on crack.

Just worth a shout maybe. Who knows. Barcelona are apparently interested in him and I doubt they'd want to play him as a LB considering his lack of pace and level of quality in comparison to Jordi Alba.... Although it could be a bullshit rumour but he has played there beforehand at Fiorentina and I doubt he'd look too out of place in all fairness. Pace isn't everything although for a LWB yes you'd want someone who has a bit more of it like Emerson but as a LCB, he would not be that slow, I mean lets be honest Cahill, Azpi and Christensen are hardly that fast either although Azpi is without a doubt faster than Alonso. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Just worth a shout maybe. Who knows. Barcelona are apparently interested in him and I doubt they'd want to play him as a LB considering his lack of pace and level of quality in comparison to Jordi Alba.... Although it could be a bullshit rumour but he has played there beforehand at Fiorentina and I doubt he'd look too out of place in all fairness. Pace isn't everything although for a LWB yes you'd want someone who has a bit more of it like Emerson but as a LCB, he would not be that slow, I mean lets be honest Cahill, Azpi and Christensen are hardly that fast either although Azpi is without a doubt faster than Alonso. 

Barcelona was rumored to be interested in Cahill once before and that turned out to be BS. Likely to be same case here.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Barcelona was rumored to be interested in Cahill once before and that turned out to be BS. Likely to be same case here.

True but stranger things have happened.

2 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Will walk back into the team...guaranteed.

Honestly I hope we finish with Emerson playing LWB to the season is over. He has been solid so far and I think there is plenty more to come from him, just a matter of if Conte will be bold enough to keep him there or not. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Cahill wasn't Spanish tho. And right now most football watchers apart from us think the sun shines out his arse right now.

Yes the idea that paid professionals know more about the game and players than we do, is just strange indeed... if the world only made sense and more talented forballers made more money and were more in demand... 

Love how silent it is in this thread when he gets back from a 3 game ban and is absolutely rock solid. Him and Rudiger were immense shutting down Salah.

OneMoSalah likes this

56 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Love how silent it is in this thread when he gets back from a 3 game ban and is absolutely rock solid. Him and Rudiger were immense shutting down Salah.

It was an average game from him, tbh a typical Alonso performance where he hasn’t really contributed anything tangible. Moses had a far better game and Rudiger was the one who had a great game against Salah.

44 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Its difficult when the match is on to come to a players thread, make a comment, then go carry on talking about the game. All the players get yakked about in one post if ya get me.

I' think everyone said he had a good one.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

EIGHTY MILLION?! :lol: 

lol I know mate. But fuck it. IF its right we snatch their hand off and stick Emerson in. win Win situation eh/

Just now, the wes said:

Don balon reporting that everything that comes from that fella mouth is BS 

Shame!

What do you think about a straight swap with Barca

Alonso for Jasper Cillessen?

Cillessen has a 40 million euro release clause, that seems about right for Alonso at this point, and then we can sell Courtois and avoid losing him on a free. I watched Cillesson again yesterday and he seems FAR superior to all the other dodgy keepers we have or have been linked to.

Alonso is only around 1 and a half years younger than Cillesson and keepers go much longer than LB's in career usually. Alonso is already slow, so when he loses a step he is well and truly shot.

It should be SO easy to do a quick sale of Courtois then, and take that cash and buy a left back to pair with Emerson

Barca is on the verge of selling Lucas Digne to Everton so they will need another LB

some good ones still out there for us if we hurry

Alex Telles from Porto (my first choice given the circumstances)

José Gayà from Valencia

Alejandro Grimaldo from Benfica (he scored yesterday v Juve)

Layvin Kurzawa from PSG

Wendell from Bayer Leverkusen

Theo Hernández from Real Madrid (Lucas's brother, OMG would kill to have Lucas but ZERO chance AM sells him)

!Hazard! likes this

- Hoofs the ball out, rather than trying to play out from the back due to lack of composure.

- Gets easily beaten in 1v1 due to lack of pace.

- Gets caught out of position due to lack of pace.

Marcos Alonso our starting LB ladies and gentlemen.

Unionjack, ja1 and Jason like this

7 minutes ago, laeth said:

- Hoofs the ball out, rather than trying to play out from the back due to lack of composure.

- Gets easily beaten in 1v1 due to lack of pace.

- Gets caught out of position due to lack of pace.

Marcos Alonso our starting LB ladies and gentlemen.

he's just not good enough 

Unionjack likes this