Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

Really like this player...smart footballer, great left foot and solid in the air.  If only could run possibly world class?  When he's in a sprint I always think he's gonna be faster than he is.  Like he's got cement shoes on though. 

8 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Really like this player...smart footballer, great left foot and solid in the air.  If only could run possibly world class?  When he's in a sprint I always think he's gonna be faster than he is.  Like he's got cement shoes on though. 

Thats really his only bad mark.

In our system though it is a death knell. I think we have to look for an improvement. Good option to have, but I think we can find a more complete option to take over the starting role.

Need someone quicker who can go past a player. Kills us in attack as the other team can just leave him free - then he's the weak link in defence if they've got quick wingers.

Not a bad player but just poorly suited to be a wing back, could end up as the left of the three centre backs

Hard for him going back the way with a speed merchant like Zaha but all in all he wasn't that bad was he? Kept at it, wasn't scared to try get in front of him to try and nick it knowing he'd be exposed if he didn't. Gives width going forward and always puts a half decent delivery in. 

He gets involved in our play alot. Despite his lack of speed (yeah he is the weak link in that aspect), he is very important in our setups for attack, because he is quite intelligent. 

Its real shame he aint faster because thats crucial for the position, otherwise he is definately a very special player. Always 100 concentration, knows how to move and when to pass or cross, when to keep the ball. 

He'll make the odd defensive error or two especially against quicker players (my god, he's so so so slow!) but otherwise, he's pretty decent going forward and is a neat set piece taker, as seen by that free kick today (so unlucky!).

That said, think we could definitely do with an upgrade and provide competition in the squad and while Alonso has coped alright for us in the league, we still don't know how he will fare against the better teams in Europe.

Like that Tree idiot said before he was signed, he's bang 'meh' when you take away his set-piece skills, and is absolutely a squad player only. But that said, he's still part of the team that's been unbeaten for so long, so he is better than just average in the context of our latest run. He's simply not great. Happy to have him around though. He can do a decent job in the centre should we ever, forbid-so, need him for that.

Give the guy a chance 😂😂😂😂

Literally - just arrived on the scene - a season with Conte will make him a better player, give the lad a break, of would you prefer Ivanovic back? 

Just wow at the abuse this guy gets - if we'd have signed him for big money, he wouldn't be getting half the shit he is now- this transfer snobbery has to stop. 

As an all round player he's doing a fantastic job. Sure there might be flashier/faster players - but it isn't always about that - this guy gives 100% every match. 

I swear people have already forgotten what Leicester did last season - you don't need a team of World Beaters - you need a blend of players and Alonso fits that blend perfectly!

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

Give the guy a chance 😂😂😂😂

Literally - just arrived on the scene - a season with Conte will make him a better player, give the lad a break, of would you prefer Ivanovic back? 

Just wow at the abuse this guy gets - if we'd have signed him for big money, he wouldn't be getting half the shit he is now- this transfer snobbery has to stop. 

As an all round player he's doing a fantastic job. Sure there might be flashier/faster players - but it isn't always about that - this guy gives 100% every match. 

I swear people have already forgotten what Leicester did last season - you don't need a team of World Beaters - you need a blend of players and Alonso fits that blend perfectly!

Alonso does have some proper qualities and a sweet left foot, I'm sure nobody is denying that. However, he is still so slow that it is becoming a problem. He's not fast enough to cover the opponent's wingers. All our opponents will be targeting our left side for a reason. From a mile away one can see that Gary Cahill and Marcos Alonso are not on the same level as rest of the players in our current starting XI. 

I wish we could clone Victor Moses and make the new one left-footed. That's the type of player we should have as a left wingback. Marcos Alonso could still feature as a left centreback - I think that role could suit him quite nicely. 

Today we played a lot at left side so he had much to do. Maybe he made some mistakes but at least he tried. For me today he was better then Moses(he looks like Hazard last season, disappear). He has nice shots(that free kick :o ) and made many runs. He is a bit to slow and thats make him easily to walk toward him. But i like him :D

18 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Alonso does have some proper qualities and a sweet left foot, I'm sure nobody is denying that. However, he is still so slow that it is becoming a problem. He's not fast enough to cover the opponent's wingers. All our opponents will be targeting our left side for a reason. From a mile away one can see that Gary Cahill and Marcos Alonso are not on the same level as rest of the players in our current starting XI. 

I wish we could clone Victor Moses and make the new one left-footed. That's the type of player we should have as a left wingback. Marcos Alonso could still feature as a left centreback - I think that role could suit him quite nicely. 

11 Victor Moses's would win you CL

He isn't world class or anywhere near that by any stretch of the imagination, but he is also never going to be the annoying player. If you hadn't watched him before and looked at him, you would assume he is your typical donkey player who frustrates the hell out of you but that's not the case at all; He is intelligent, has very good technique, and above all knows exactly when to join the attack which is very important for a wing back.

We maybe could have done with a better option, but I'm very happy with Marcos. He should also start taking free kicks with that absolute peach of a left foot.