test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spike

3. Marcos Alonso

Started by Spike,

669 posts in this topic

Just came on to earn his first cap vs Argentina. Congrats Marcos, well deserved!

2 hours ago, NiclasCFC said:

Just came on to earn his first cap vs Argentina. Congrats Marcos, well deserved!

More like a scrimmage for Spain though ;)

I thought he was abysmal. Afforded so much space but did nothing. Little penetration or speed about him just pointless crosses to no one in the box. Average at defending. He's just a mediocre player in general that is really good at freekicks. Any other manager will give Emerson a look for the remaining games but not Conte. 

Belgiannutt and ja1 like this

10 hours ago, mccg said:

FA likely to review Marcos Alonso challenge on Shane Long, says Dermot Gallagher

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11331192/ref-watch-fa-likely-to-review-marcos-alonso-challenge-on-shane-long-says-dermot-gallagher

We might even get to see the lesser spotted Emerson Palmieri ?

If Zappacosta plays on the left, and Moses on the right, something is definitely up.

the wes and Thor like this

Absolutely infuriating to watch. I've never been more livid watching a player for Chelsea. 

If reports are true and the like of Barcelona or Real Madrid are looking into him... Sell. 

He slows up any build up play we have going, He is one footed. I can't remember the last time I've seen him cross it in on his left. Constantly cuts the ball back, and simply plays a back pass. Has no pace. Is either too deep in attack, playing on the shoulder of the last few defenders, or is too far back, not providing support. And like I said, when he is, he is too slow to get rid of it, terrible at dribbling, and cannot take his man on. 

The one thing he does do well, is win headers in defence. I actually cannot think of any other thing he does average to well apart from his free kicks. 

How is it that everyone that supports the club can see it, yet Conte can't? How is he a sure fire, locked in starter every single week? Seriously? Moses is three times the player, and he is someone we could probably look to upgrade as well. Moses is good enough to be a rotation/squad player though. Alonso isn't close. At least not at WB. Play him as a striker. 

Belgiannutt, ja1 and kellzfresh like this

3 hours ago, Thor said:

I can't remember the last time I've seen him cross it in on his left.

Tbf it was his cross to Giroud.

Stats, Thor and Johnnyeye like this

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Tbf it was his cross to Giroud.

Touche haha. 

But honestly, his crossing in general is horrible. And like I mentioned, he rarely does it. 

Apart from the cross, he's partially to blame for the two goals.

As Wisey pointed out for the first goal we conceded, he showed no interest in tracking back to help out defense.

And for Southampton's second, he showed no interest in putting a challenge at the far post.

ja1, the wes, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

The FA will be doing us a favour giving Alonso a ban sell him in the summer he's not good enough to be wearing a Chelsea shirt 

Johnnyeye and Thor like this

This was the only way Emerson was going to get a sniff.
Who's to say he will? Conte has played Zappacosta at LB before

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Marcos Alonso has been charged with violent conduct following an incident with Southampton's Shane Long, the Football Association has announced

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11335047/chelseas-marcos-alonso-charged-with-violent-conduct-by-fa

Not surprised by the decision but when you see some of the incidents - some even worse than this - the FA have allowed to slip by in the past, then this really is a farce. 

Johnnyeye and Thor like this

13 hours ago, Special Juan said:

This was the only way Emerson was going to get a sniff.

I think Conte is picking Alonso week in week out for his contributions last year. A show of loyalty. Alonso probably sucks him off too.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Not surprised by the decision but when you see some of the incidents - some even worse than this - the FA have allowed to slip by in the past, then this really is a farce. 

Agreed. The amount of red card tackles I've seen on our players go unpunished... From Tottenham alone this year there were about 4. 

Johnnyeye likes this