Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

Didn't really know much about the lad but from all what Ive found about him the lad actually seems ok. It sounds like hes come on alot over the last 2/3 years and sounds like hes still coming good.

We needed a left footed back and it sounds like he will fit in well with a Conte style. A Alonso/Luiz/Happy/Dave back 4 looks pretty sound to me.

I just pray to the atoms that Dave now takes the RB so Bane can take a rest. hahaha As if theres a fuckin chance of that happening!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Leif said:

I hope an asteroid breaks his foot & he only ever plays for us in a charity match, in dedication to Ivanovic, fully immobilised by the asteroid 

And I wish for a good corner from willian. Not happening

2 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Alonso has become a very important determinant for our season. It's very important he shows his quality and establishes himself as a first XI player for us to have a realistic chance of finishing top four.

I just hope fans don't get on his back if he starts slowly and makes some mistakes. Certain sections of our fanbase were very quick to pounce on Baba's mistakes and now he's out. Just remember that the only other option is Ivanovic at RB and Azplicueta at LB before anyone of us jump on Alonso. 

Quite the contrary with Baba, i saw people massively over exaggerating his displays due to the desperation for Ivan to be dropped. Some games he was beyond hopeless and i went to his thread to witness a wankfest, not even Torres had such hopeless displays sugarcoated that much. That was one of the reason's a few people (me included) pointed out that he is actually rather average. Infact the only thing that would have really changed swapping Ivan for Baba is which flank the opposite manager would have targeted.

Regarding Alonso however, i do hope we start bleeding him into the team in the PL starting at Hull and hopefully he is 10 times an improvement on Baba.

He definitely made some mistakes but he looked good going forward when given the chance. I think costa would have got on the end of that low cross. I would love to see how he plays with the acres of space hazard creates. Solid debut, room for improvement for sure. Would like to see him get a string of games in with the starting XI. 

Alonso is currently little bit slower for PL but technically and fiscally exactly what Chelsea needed. If he doesn't play he won't make progress at all. Same happened with Filipe Luiz, he barely play and we're talking about a guy who's among 2  very best LB in the world.

We really spent 24m on this guy. Absolutely sickening.

And this is absolutely a Conte buy.

Are you writing off someone that's only started once?

The fee is just a number that should have very little relevance in this market.