Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

3 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

Funny because 3 of my Serie A friends who support different teams say that he is one of the best, if not the best Left Backs in the Serie A right now. 

I've both watched the player a little bit and asked several Fiorentina fans about him, and we both had the same opinions of him. He simply isn't that good. 

Like I stated earlier, I'm not overly critical of our signings, though I have seen some of the players linked to us recently. This being one of them, and I know for a fact they aren't the level of player people are going to be happy with for a Chelsea player.

Boufal just went for 16 mil.... and this guy is coming over for 27mil... 

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

I've both watched the player a little bit and asked several Fiorentina fans about him, and we both had the same opinions of him. He simply isn't that good. 

Like I stated earlier, I'm not overly critical of our signings, though I have seen some of the players linked to us recently. This being one of them, and I know for a fact they aren't the level of player people are going to be happy with for a Chelsea player.

Boufal just went for 16 mil.... and this guy is coming over for 27mil... 

Players like Boufal are a lot less sought after than defenders these days. I would also bet his contract will have performance based clauses in it.

People also have to remember that the high fee you keep seeing is in € not £. Makes it look like we're paying a shit load when you see 27m, but it's about £23m. In the age of mega fees that's really not so much if he quickly establishes himself in the team.

Really excited about this one. Alonso played with Cahill in Bolton. Cahill is a Bolton quality player, but became "world class" as a Chelsea player. It seems Alonso is not that good for Fiorentina. I wont be surprised if in one year from now he also becomes "world class".

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm all for banter its the lives of trolls I don't have time for.

Fair. I tend to read through most of this posts without really paying too much mind to it, but when it goes too mental, I know it's time to do something else. Probably all the uni work I´ve refused to do when I had the time:D

People also have to remember that the high fee you keep seeing is in € not £. Makes it look like we're paying a shit load when you see 27m, but it's about £23m. In the age of mega fees that's really not so much if he quickly establishes himself in the team.

Very little between the £ & € at this point in time. Only noteable in a Pogba type deal.

Don't know anything about this guy besides that youtube video. Seems lanky, lacking any real pace but physically strong and decent in the air. Im worried this is going to be another Luis and Baba v2.

For the stated price R.Rodriguez would be the better signing I feel.

Proper laugh when people say that he's here for a cover. He is 3rd most expensive left-back in history, you read it right, and you want to tell me that he's here for an odd game in the cups ? Isn't it Chelsea that apparently fields the players that cost the most ? This or maybe time for some mythbusting. But 3rd most expensive player in history for his position to be a cover,  I have laugh if this is true.

Could have signed Rodriguez for an more or less equal sum, but didnt go for him. Our board seems to be completely clueless and Conte seems to know defenders only from the Serie A. Alonso is a decent player, but not Chelsea material in my opinion...

This is one of the most underwhelming transfer in recent years... I've watched Bolton when he used to play for them and I remember him being average at best. I know he may have improved over the years but I really don't think he is top 4 material.

1 minute ago, Flavio said:

This is the most underwhelming transfer in recent years... I've watched Bolton when he used to play for them and I remember him being average at best. I know he may have improved over the years but I really don't think he is top 4 material.

So your only insight into the player is his time at Bolton? Players improve you know. Give the lad a chance, I know he's not a 'big signing' but he could be a decent addition to the squad and could FINALLY see us move Azpi to right back. Be positive until he's proven shit at least.