Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

If we fail to but a CB in the next hours remaining we are going to be found out. It's alright playing Watford and Burnley's of this world but facing Aguero and Ibrahimovic with Cahill and Ivanovic/Terry is worrying which shows the mass importance needed towards a new, but quality CB like right now. Not loans, not 5m stop gaps we need to sort this defence now. 

I don't think there will be any defenders available that will make these two less threatening. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

If we fail to but a CB in the next hours remaining we are going to be found out. It's alright playing Watford and Burnley's of this world but facing Aguero and Ibrahimovic with Cahill and Ivanovic/Terry is worrying which shows the mass importance needed towards a new, but quality CB like right now. Not loans, not 5m stop gaps we need to sort this defence now. 

I'm not even that worried about ibrahimovic. I'm more worried about anyone fast enough to get in behind our back four. (we'll soon play liverpool lol)If we had zouma at least in some one on one situations he'll compete but I don't know if he'll be the same after that injury. 

I'm happy we're signing a fast left-footed leftback so that our team can look normal with overlapping fullbacks in attack. Hopefully he's a better defender than baba, and can cross properly. 

OptaJoe Verified account @OptaJoe  2h2 hours ago
43 – Alex Sandro (49) is the only defender to create more chances in Serie A than Marcos Alonso (43) since Aug 2015. Supply.

WhoScored.com Verified account @ WhoScored  2h2 hours ago
Marcos Alonso : Only 1 defender has scored or assisted more goals in Serie A since the start of last season than Alonso (7)

retweets

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

but paying €25 million for him seems like a Bebe-level exercise in absurdity.

Back in 2013 Alonso was a free agent now he's worth €27m :o the transfer window this year is fucked up I wonder what heskey worth in this transfer window :ph34r: what I seen off Alonso he seems like a good player

I spoke to a friend who is a hardcore Fiorentina supporter and hes laughing so much at this. Said if they got this amount of money for him, it would be robbery. Also said, horrible in defense and attack so he wished me good luck with the frustration. Good times ahead! 

1 minute ago, Steve said:

I spoke to a friend who is a hardcore Fiorentina supporter and hes laughing so much at this. Said if they got this amount of money for him, it would be robbery. Also said, horrible in defense and attack so he wished me good luck with the frustration. Good times ahead! 

Funny because 3 of my Serie A friends who support different teams say that he is one of the best, if not the best Left Backs in the Serie A right now. 

Just now, AK-3001 said:

Funny because 3 of my Serie A friends who support different teams say that he is one of the best, if not the best Left Backs in the Serie A right now. 

I don't believe it for a second. Also spoke to my cousin who runs a website connected to Juventus and he said exactly the same thing. He's never been wrong in anything he has told me. 

1 hour ago, Steve said:

i think he's gonna be a great player for us. Just a hunch. As for robbery, you won't ever find a starting caliber player for less than this price any more. It's actually a good deal. 

6 minutes ago, nono said:

i think he's gonna be a great player for us. Just a hunch. As for robbery, you won't ever find a starting caliber player for less than this price any more. It's actually a good deal. 

Look if he signs, lets hope so, I trust Conte! Only in the Premier League you find inflated pricing to be fair. Lots of teams still sign players for a lot less but clubs have smartened up to the way the Premier League spend money. 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

but paying €25 million for him seems like a Bebe-level exercise in absurdity.

To be fair, with the inflated market, it's highly unlikely that clubs - especially PL clubs - will get players - be it starters or backups - on the cheap anymore. If he has 1-2 years left on this contract, then you might get him for a low price but otherwise, you are probably looking at having to pay 20-30m at the very least to sign one.

9 minutes ago, Steve said:

Look if he signs, lets hope so, I trust Conte! Only in the Premier League you find inflated pricing to be fair. Lots of teams still sign players for a lot less but clubs have smartened up to the way the Premier League spend money. 

All you need to do is read what the fiorentina fans are saying.

We are being rob and just getting another baba who we just send out on loan..... 

19 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

http://www.violanation.com/fiorentina-transfer-rumors-news-reports/2016/8/29/12685468/chelsea-want-to-pay-a-lot-of-money-for-marcos-alonso