Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

I'm a Fiorentina's supporter and I'm very happy about this news. Our local sport radio confirms this rumour and probably Alonso will be sold. Marcos is young and he can play as LB in 4-4-2 and as Defender in 3-5-2. He's a physical and fast player and he should be perfect in our line-up. In this moment Alonso should start in XI and he'd substitute Azpi immediately. On the contrary ofAzpli, Marcos is able to defend better than Cesar.

KTBFFH

If we ended up signing Alonso and Fabinho, I would be inclined to look favorably upon this window. Was expecting more, but Fabinho is one of my personal favs among young players. Both are versatile/flexible.

There's no way we'll sign both. I can't see Monaco selling the latter now, so it'll probably be Alonso only.

Fans can call it an improvement but to me that's just because this back four is starved of bodies at this point. The club has lost any leverage bargaining finishing where they did and to get back to greatness meant paying the buyout clauses but instead the board for a second year running waits until the last minute for another panic buy! A player Conte never planned on buying and instead has to figure out how to get the best out of him because Emenalo likes birthday parties and wants Conte to give him a f%cking magic show 

At least we're adding personnel. At this case low-risk, high reward strategies have to be implemented. His age is a big plus so it's not like he's beyond improvement and he played in a back 3 if I'm not mistaken yesterday? 

One more would be nice.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

If he is as good as Balague makes him out to be, then why hasn't he gotten a single cap for Spain?

To be fair, look at the fullbacks Spain have at their disposal. Even Azpi struggles to get in the team.