Swansea v Chelsea

Jase

Anxious as hell to see our XI. Also nervous that the international break will have a negative effect on our quality going forward.

Should be a comfortable win looking at how both clubs have started the season but I'm not too confident. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give Kante a rest for this one to be honest. He's played A LOT last season, plus the Euro in France and he's had a very short summer break. Now he's played every minute for Chelsea and the full 90 minutes in Italy and Belarus for France. Swansea are no world beaters and with a run that includes Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal coming up, I think now it's the perfect moment to give a player or two some rest. Plus Conte has had Cesc, Oscar and Matic with him at Cobham while others have been on international duty, so who knows, maybe it was easy for him to prepare the midfield battle with all three available. Willian could do with some rest, too, after travelling all over South America a few days ago. 

I would go for:

55d7eac254.jpg

18 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I'd give Kante a rest for this one to be honest. He's played A LOT last season, plus the Euro in France and he's had a very short summer break. Now he's played every minute for Chelsea and the full 90 minutes in Italy and Belarus for France. Swansea are no world beaters and with a run that includes Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal coming up, I think now it's the perfect moment to give a player or two some rest. Plus Conte has had Cesc, Oscar and Matic with him at Cobham while others have been on international duty, so who knows, maybe it was easy for him to prepare the midfield battle with all three available. Willian could do with some rest, too, after travelling all over South America a few days ago. 

I would go for:

55d7eac254.jpg

I cant argue with those points

Chelsea team v Swansea: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Kante; Willian, Oscar, Matic, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

Chelsea subs today: Begovic, David Luiz, Alonso, Fabregas, Moses, Pedro, Batshuayi. #CFC

Actually starting to feel bad for Cesc. He can't get a sniff against these small sides so what hope does he have to play against the big ones? Hard to change a team that's worked well so far, but I would've liked to see him start here.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Actually starting to feel bad for Cesc. He can't get a sniff against these small sides so what hope does he have to play against the big ones? Hard to change a team that's worked well so far, but I would've liked to see him start here.

Whilst I get where you're coming from, I wouldn't quite start with that yet. As others have said, we should wait to see what happens if/hen Alonso and Luiz are integrated into the team. Fabregas simply isn't going to start in PL games if we are using our current back-line.

1 minute ago, AWorriedChelseaFan said:

Damn! Our bench options are actually looking pretty nice for this season, lots of game changers on there.

Confident for this game, a Costa hat-trick and a brace from Hazard will do. COYB!

The bench looks worthy of the very top sides in world football..... now we just have to do everything we can to get back there with them.

Lineup as expected and it should be at this point. Unfortunately, Cesc probably on his way out in January. Not that I can see him breaking into the XI too often, he has been a good player for us and likeable. I think he was obviously a huge reason for the 2014-15 title.

I am thinking this looks like our match at Swansea a couple of years ago. I am going with 5-0 to the Chels, Costa, Hazard, Terry, Costa and Luiz late!

Come on you Chelsea!!