• Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Andre Marriner

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

he´s the reason we equalized, he created panic in the Swansea defence for Costas´s goal, but he should concentrate a lot more on his defending, attacking wise he´s done fine to be honest.

I totally agree!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another referee would have given the Fer foul on cahill,

but another referee would have also disallowed costas goal for a high  boot and making contact.

cant blame the ref for this one.

We did not exert our game enough and even then, did not kill it off multiple times.

No Hazard no win it seems, and probably true.

8 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Pretty sure Cesc was involved in every attack after he came on. Also Moses was not useless, made a few good runs. 

Thats why I said "most" of his subs. Fabregas should have been introduced earlier, since we cant have Matic+Kante in the mid, while Fabregas is sitting on the bench, when your teams need to create chances. 

Moses replacing Willian didn't made any sense. Willian was also making "few good runs", and Willian is a better player than the ultra limited Moses. He barely got involved in the Game after he was introduced. 

Believe me, you don't need to believe everything the manager does is right to show you are supporting him. 

1 minute ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Lost two points on our own hand, but fuck me the level of refereeing in this country is abysmal. Amat has had fouls for six yellow cards and the challenge on Cahill, if that is not a blatant foul then I don't know what a foul from behind looks like. Not to mention that Amat's 58 foul in this game, on Ivanovic, from behind, came a minute before Swansea's 2nd.

I still can't understand how Chelsea have tanked this. 

Conte must find a way to bring Cesc back into the starting line-up. His passing and vision is 2nd to none, must play more.

First 15 minutes in the 2nd half were hideous, momentum was broken, little to no football. I thought that was when Swansea picked themselves up, whereas Chelsea became lethargic and disconnected from the game. Such a shame after a very good first half. 

Amat should have been sent off i agree, he´s a thug

Some thoughts...

1. Why do we always seem to turn matches into a war, even when there's no rivalry involved? When you're away from home, you're supposed to silent the home fans, not rile them up and in turn, motivate their side!

2. Cannot trust this defence at all. Conte can work on them for ages but there's always going to be a mistake in them. Never mind we left ourselves so open for their first goal, the second was just diabolical. Why the hell did Cahill even attempt to control the ball knowing well there's a Swansea player close by? Complacency and utter stupidity. At this point, I'm not even sure if I should be happy or banging my head onto the wall because we have Luiz.

3. We dominate a lot of matches. Score one goal. Can't kill team off. Make mistake(s). End up dropping points. Rinse and repeat.

4. Does Conte actually trust the players? Again, he waited till the final 10-15 minutes to make changes. Does he expect them to work miracles every single time?! And that Batshuayi sub 2-3 minutes from time was just taking the piss really.

5. Here's a fun fact - in 6 PL visits to Swansea, we have won just twice and guess who's the manager for both of those matches...

These stupid mistakes should not be made...that is what cost us last season...It is like we have these 5 minutes period where our players lose their heads...Courtois has world class talent still he is always uncertain in some situations..he needs to have some confidence in his abilities...I am always nervous when Cahill has the ball..He always complicates a simple situation...

Overall a Draw is not bad...but should have won the game with the amount of chances we created..need to be clinical in the final third and should remove silly defensive mistakes from our game

A very weird game for a whole host of reasons;  I found it particularly strange how the performance-levels of almost EVERY individual player fluctuated wildly between poor and very good across different phases of the game.

And I just have to laugh at those above once more calling-out their favourite players to criticise, even though few of them had much of anything to do with us dropping points today. Individuals lost composure at key moments, and aside from this there seemed to be very little wrong with our general play: Costa missed what should have been a nailed-on chance to kill Swansea off at the end of the first-half; Azpilicueta possibly shouldn't have rushed out onto the right when Swansea counter-attacked us in the lead-up to the penalty, Courtois shouldn't have committed to Sigurdsson; Cahill should have offloaded the ball to Courtois as soon as Fer closed him down. Sure, there were a few of these 'should have/shouldn't have' errors, but were we being dominated in the centre of the pitch like last season? Were we failing to mount coherent attacks? Did we look clueless in possession? Was our pressing poorly organised? The answer I would give to each of these questions is 'no'. So why are so many people throwing their toys out of the pram? We all knew that this process of recovery wasn't going to be complete after just two months, but the early signs are very positive.

Appropriate changes could be made to the starting 11 in upcoming games, but I see no reason to go crazy and rip the developing blueprint apart just because of today's match. The only real concerns I have are Matic's impotence when the team is attacking (although I though he was mostly very good in the first-half), Courtois' poor decision-making when exposed, and Cahill's general nervousness. I see very little wrong with our patterns of play or general system at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Some thoughts...

1. Why do we always seem to turn matches into a war, even when there's no rivalry involved? When you're away from home, you're supposed to silent the home fans, not rile them up and in turn, motivate their side!

2. Cannot trust this defence at all. Conte can work on them for ages but there's always going to be a mistake in them. Never mind we left ourselves so open for their first goal, the second was just diabolical. Why the hell did Cahill even attempt to control the ball knowing well there's a Swansea player close by? Complacency and utter stupidity. At this point, I'm not even sure if I should be happy or banging my head onto the wall because we have Luiz.

3. We dominate a lot of matches. Score one goal. Can't kill team off. Make mistake(s). End up dropping points. Rinse and repeat.

4. Does Conte actually trust the players? Again, he waited till the final 10-15 minutes to make changes. Does he expect them to work miracles every single time?! And that Batshuayi sub 2-3 minutes from time was just taking the piss really.

5. Here's a fun fact - in 6 PL visits to Swansea, we have won just twice and guess who's the manager for both of those matches...

1. You're right mate! I don't know why we are doing this every away game.

2. I think you should give Conte some time to work on this. We got a great centre-back with JT who leads our defence. Bring Luiz on maybe and we got it.

3. Totally agree! Same old problem.

4. That last minute Batshuayi change was ridicilous and makes no sense. He cant influence the game with just two min to go. Dont know what he thought there.

Honestly am not as down after this 2-2 draw as any from last year. Thought overall, team played well and certainly well enough to win. Kante is a beast and Costa is heart and soul for this club most of the time.

Except for the 5 minute stretch of poor play from Courtois and the ref, we win. It's that simple. Cahill had each leg swept out from under him and no call. Unbelievable. Courtois never looks comfortable and I am not confident with him on long balls in or ones he chases. He takes the wrong path to the ball and panics a lot. He is not Petr Cech. Not yet any way.

Conte seemed VERY disappointed in the post match interview. Really emphasized the need to kill the game off up 1-0. I have zero doubt this will be stressed from here on out. I think all of us that watch every game and post here would agree, this is something we have been missing the past several years. We couldn't kill games off consistently in 2015 when we won the league. 

Heads up mates. Big one at the Bridge Friday. Need all three points. 

Come on you Chelsea!!

We're not dominating matches this season unless there are lineup changes or possibly some bit of rotation going on.

This draw is on Conte due to lineup choices.  

Costa should stay on his feet more, but that discussion is a complete waste of time as we all know he won't change.

And Gary Cahill? Well, let's hope that Zouma is given plenty of time to make a full recovery still.

Today is the kind of performance that when compared with what Tottenham can do, what Arsenal may be capable of, and what's in Machester, you really doubt Chelsea make top four this season.

16 minutes ago, dee25 said:

....which was a substitution. Not understanding your point that Conte's subs made no difference.... 

The sub he got right came too late. Again, I Can't get Moses for Oscar, and if he wanted to introduce Batshuay, that way to go was moving replacing one defensive player. Losing one man in the midfield for a CF is never a good idea. My point is Conte wasn't good today in his subs.