Eduardo

Jase

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/08/eduardo-transfer-completed.html

We can today (Thursday) confirm the signing of goalkeeper Eduardo from Dinamo Zagreb.

The 33-year-old was a part of Portugal’s triumphant Euro 2016 squad this summer and joins the Blues on a one-year contract following two seasons with the Croatian champions.

Eduardo said: ‘Having the opportunity to come to the Premier League and to Chelsea, to such a big club, it is an easy decision to make.

‘For me this is the best and the most difficult league and it is another level from where I have been until now. So it is a new challenge, at this moment I feel very good, so I am ready for this.

‘All the colleagues I have always say the dream is to come to the Premier League, where there are the best clubs and the best players, and the opportunity to come here arrived at this moment.

‘I am happy to be here and I hope I meet the expectations people have for me.’

Eduardo, full name Eduardo dos Reis Carvalho, played his youth football at Braga where he made his name as a first-team regular and progressed into the national team, making his Portugal debut in February 2009.

The 6ft 2ins stopper was first choice for his country at the World Cup in 2010, conceding just one goal in four matches. That summer he signed for Serie A side Genoa, where for a season he worked with Chelsea goalkeeping coach Gianluca Spinelli.

Eduardo has 35 international caps in total and will provide experienced cover and competition for Thibaut Courtois and Asmir Begovic.

24 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

If y'all wanna have a right laugh, look at the responses when Chelsea Announced the signing on Twitter.  

Welcome Eduardo! Guess this means Begovic is out then? 

He is gonna be our 3rd keeper