Marcelo Brozovic

Unionjack

2 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Oscar is average at best and Broz... i don't know him... from comments, not a superstar...

Average? I get the popular opinion but Oscar is about to missplace a second so called world calss player and a fanfavourite! Like him or not, if fit he will start for us in the midfield for at least couple of years more! And I think that Brozovic will be a hit in here just like Coutinho was at Liverpool! Don't underestamate the scouting and the recruitment of Itallian clubs and specially of players from the Balkans!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TheIceMan said:

Average? I get the popular opinion but Oscar is about to missplace a second so called world calss player and a fanfavourite! Like him or not, if fit he will start for us in the midfield for at least couple of years more! And I think that Brozovic will be a hit in here just like Coutinho was at Liverpool! Don't underestamate the scouting and the recruitment of Itallian clubs and specially of players from the Balkans!

So? it's a big mistake imo... conte loves oscar, blind love. he's really Average... cesc is better than him. a lot better.

12 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Things I learned on Twitter- some Chelsea fans know Serie A players better than Conte & players can't get better unless they're in PL

This is true. Just look at people's opinions on here for Alonso, because he has played for Bolton and Sunderland.

3 hours ago, J.F. said:

if he was that good he would probably stay at inter who is worse then chelsea. another average player who at his best day can't make us better

Exactly the kind of player clubs want to sell to the Premier League.

Clubs across the continent, particularly in the stronger  leagues, see the financial strength of our league as a major problem. They are quite right to. Our league already has the popularity. If it were also to acquire the best players, it would be game over

From the self-interest point of view, it makes perfect sense for European clubs to develop strategies for  dealing with the Premier League's financial muscle. Judging by the prices Chelsea and other clubs are reportedly being quoted, the plan seems to be that one superior player, or two average ones, will cost a Premier League club its entire annual TV revenues (net).

Given that the selling clubs can't expect the gravy train to go on forever, their back up plan anticipates desperate Premier League clubs spending tens of millions of pounds on the only players they can afford under this pricing regime, the ordinary ones.

This then becomes a win-win for the sellers; they help themselves to Premier League money anyway and use it to pay their star players wages which come closer to those available in the Premier League.

From our point of view this all feels very frustrating but in truth it's a great policy. The bigger clubs around the continent don't exist to feed our clubs need for player talent. They exist to follow their own ambitions and the way they're playing our clubs in the transfer market is high quality.

I'm certain this situation must get discussed in the high circles of the Premier League. Hopefully our clubs will  develop a strategy of their own, will realise they can't win the battle with the weapon of transfer fees. I hope that instead they will compete more heavily than ever on wages. Apart from the megaclubs our teams have more money than anybody. Let's throw it directly at the players rather than at the players' clubs.

This won't mean we will attract all of the top players, there are plenty of reasons to play for some of the super teams around Europe, but at least if we pitch our tent in the money arena that's a place where we can win. Let's aim for a situation where more players than ever will refuse to renew contracts and will hold out for  lucrative moves to the Premier League.

43 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Things I learned on Twitter- some Chelsea fans know Serie A players better than Conte & players can't get better unless they're in PL

Fair play. Something I've learned is that some think every Serie A player linked to Chelsea is underrated and would improve Chelsea.

Btw, I highly doubt Conte wants all these Serie A links. Just once I'd like this to happen (example):

'Chelsea make bid for Brozovic. Conte rates the Croatian midfielder very highly and wants him'

Random fans: Conte wants him so he must be good. What do you know?

'Conte: I've never been interested' (Or even better: he's not good enough)

Random fans: .....

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

So? it's a big mistake imo... conte loves oscar, blind love. he's really Average... cesc is better than him. a lot better.

Good thing that your opinion doesn't matter than! And our manager chooses the players HE LIKES! not those that the fans like!

Just remembered why I never click on transfer threads. Most things I read on the past couple of pages are so detached from our reality it feels like I've gone into some parallel universe! :lol:

FFS, Brozovic can't get into the XI of a mid-table team in the fucking Serie A. This is the kind of signing teams like Sunderland make, not a team aiming for a top four finish! 

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is closing in on a £25million deal for Croatia midfielder Marcelo Brozovic of #Inter Milan. #CFC (Mail)

Brozovic could be sold after #Inter signed Joao Mario from #Sporting & Conte is keen to add more energy & aggression in midfield (Mail)

Chelsea still hope to be active before the transfer market closes on Wednesday and are plundering Serie A at the behest of Conte #CFC (Mail)

#CFC are expected to complete the signing of LB Marcos Alonso from Fiorentina for £23m and are still in pursuit of a central defender (Mail)

Been browsing the Inter Milan forum (you know, the people who have actually watched him play) The consensus is that he was their best midfielder last year, the club has some tension with his agent since he wants higher wages, and the fans are bitching that they keep selling their bright young talents (like Coutinho & Kovacic) for money. This post pretty much sums the player up

I think the fact the Brozovic isn't a natural fit in a 4-2-3-1 will be the reason we sell him (if we do). Which is sad because he's been easily our best midfielder this year and he's young enough to continue improving. 

He is just more of a CM for a 4-3-3 set up like Rakitic or Modric. He is versatile enough to play deeper or a bit farther forward, but neither is a perfect fit for him, and out wide is probably the position that suits him the least out of the ones mentioned. 

With that being said, I'd prefer we keep him even if he is going to play out wide because I think he can still pull it off and I think we would be doing ourselves a disservice by parting with his talent.

Can't really be wasting money on even more players that we'll inevitably loan out and never be able to sell.

I'd rather play Chalobah ffs.

I'm sure he'll get a fair crack of the whip if he joins. A better option than Oscar IMO.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You