Chelsea v Burnley

Jase

30 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

What ? We played in 14/15 with two midfielders and had excellent results, especially in the first part. And I think Kante is even better than then-Matic. You're making Fabregas more liability than he actually is.

If there's one game we can go all out attack (and should) is Burnley. Would be a shame to drop Michy after his run and Cesc is the man to unlock that structure of Burnley defence.

But I fully expect that Bats will be dropped for Matic or maybe Oscar since he hasn't played in mid-week.

A 4-2-3-1 is technically still a midfield three and completely different to how the midfield in the 4-2-4 operates. Midfielders in the latter formation need a good balance of pace, agility, defensive ability, technique and passing ability. Kante is the only one who fits the bill. We looked really bad starting with this formation in pre season for a reason. With a Nainggolan/Joao Mario however things would be different.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

This is a tough conundrum, Burnley played with two banks of four vs Liverpool, so logic suggest's this lineup

-----------------------------Courtois----------------

Usual back four getting depressing writing 

-----------------------Kante------Cesc-----------------

Willian-------------Costa------Bats--------Hazard

That will give us the best chance of creating inroads against them and we could potentially get a couple early on, what worries me however is the rare occasions Burnley had the ball against Liverpool they looked capable of scoring every single time, and we could be exposed on the counter, as much as we could get a couple early on we could easily get into early trouble too.

Fabregas in a 2 man midfield will never work it didn't even work againts Bristol Rovers.

18 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

1979 FB still the funniest thing I've ever seen at the Bridge. Burnley at home Ron Harris takes this kid out and FB you know what I'm talking about he near enough cuts this kid in two it wasn't late it was borderline ABH. This young kid is looking for revenge he does the same thing to Chopper and Chopper to say the least makes a meal of it the kid gets booked Ronnie gets up laughs and gives the Shed the thumbs up. We could wax lyrical about that it's proper football and proper Chelsea but well frankly it was.

Nice one. Wasn't there but found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chelsea-v-Burnley-Programme-March-15th-1980-1979-80-Season-15-03-80/302035868777?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D37567%26meid%3Ddd6c4aaecacf4300b97053929a354b13%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D291840330112

4-3-3

EDEN - COSTA - SQUARE/MOSES

CHALOBAH - CESCY - N'GOLO

OLA - JT - BANE- DAVE

4 - 4 - 2

COSTA - BATMAN

EDEN - CHALOBAH - N'GOLO - SQUARE/MOSES

OLA - JT - BANE- DAVE

This would be my lineup. 

Ivan-------Cahill--------Terry------Azpi

---------------------Kante

Willian-----Cesc----Oscar----Hazard

---------------------Costa

Think this is what Conte will go with. Oscar and Willian can do enough of the dirty work in tracking back, etc. 

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

4-3-3

EDEN - COSTA - SQUARE/MOSES

CHALOBAH - CESCY - N'GOLO

OLA - JT - BANE- DAVE

4 - 4 - 2

COSTA - BATMAN

EDEN - CHALOBAH - N'GOLO - SQUARE/MOSES

OLA - JT - BANE- DAVE

I was just about to tell you that Juan Cuadrado is offski but I've just read that Conte has blocked Cuadrado's move to Juventus.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1670047/chelsea-transfer-news-juan-cuadrados-move-to-juventus-blocked-as-antonio-conte-refuses-to-let-winger-leave/

As for the game itself, I hope that we actually beat them this time. Because we failed to do that in the last meeting at the bridge in which Matic couldv'e had his leg broken by Ashley Barnes. The thing that makes this worse is the hypocrisy from Shawn
Dyche, who called that tackle on Matic "a man's tackle" yet when Mirallas did a similar challenge to George Boyd he complained about the referee's failure send Mirallas off.

On 26/08/2016 at 7:48 AM, Green Lantern18 said:

I was just about to tell you that Juan Cuadrado is offski but I've just read that Conte has blocked Cuadrado's move to Juventus.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1670047/chelsea-transfer-news-juan-cuadrados-move-to-juventus-blocked-as-antonio-conte-refuses-to-let-winger-leave/

As for the game itself, I hope that we actually beat them this time. Because we failed to do that in the last meeting at the bridge in which Matic couldv'e had his leg broken by Ashley Barnes. The thing that makes this worse is the hypocrisy from Shawn
Dyche, who called that tackle on Matic "a man's tackle" yet when Mirallas did a similar challenge to George Boyd he complained about the referee's failure send Mirallas off.

Yeah I knew The Don had used his veto for Square leaving which I agree with.

Hes much better than Willian in offence. He's come back from Juve full of confidence after being round players/manager/fans who appreciate him. He loves taking defenders on one to one, running straight at them and getting behind them before putting the cross in.

Him and Moses offer us great alternatives and a good ballance keeping the width. I would love to see them both get some chances this season.

Don't care about the style of football that will be played, as long as we get the 3 points. So any sort of win would do nicely. Cesc should start in a midfield three alongside Kante and Matic. Doesn't matter much who start in our defense, since it's going to be the same old back four from last season.

I'd go with Michy as the lone striker instead of DC 19, but I'm sure Conte will start with Costa upfront. Despite how dreadful his link up play/ball retention skills is, Costa is the best finisher we have on our squad atm.

16 minutes ago, AWorriedChelseaFan said:

Don't care about the style of football that will be played, as long as we get the 3 points. So any sort of win would do nicely. Cesc should start in a midfield three alongside Kante and Matic. Doesn't matter much who start in our defense, since it's going to be the same old back four from last season.

I'd go with Michy as the lone striker instead of DC 19, but I'm sure Conte will start with Costa upfront. Despite how dreadful his link up play/ball retention skills is, Costa is the best finisher we have on our squad atm.

Cota has to keep playing as long as the goals are flowing out of him. Terrible link-up play and all.

Am going for a 2 - 1 win again with costa scoring a last minute goal so everyone on the forum can go nuts about us playing shit and when we score its the best feeling ever scoring in the last minute :) 

Where is everyone? I guess they are all at Fulham Broadway on their way to the Bridge. :D

I think today will be the day we see Costa and Batshuayi up top together in the starting XI.

Team news coming shortly. I am looking for a comfortable 4-0 win and a home clean sheet!

Come on you Chelsea!!