Chelsea v Burnley

Jase

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea are without a home clean sheet in 13 games in all competitions, which is their longest run since August 1961 – when the run stretched to 27 games :othis needs to change against Burnley :middlefinger: get the finger out Chelsea and buy a cb 

Cesc in for Oscar and hopefully Willian will be good to go and replace Pedro. If not then Moses out there. We need a wide player who takes on his fullback and not Pedro who is best running on to the ball from a pass.

Burnley just won against Liverpool despite having only 20% possession. They'll likely try the same here at the Bridge. Sit deep and soak up pressure while trying to counter. This is why Cesc is a must in front of Kante and Matic. Oscar simply isn't crafty enough to break down a parked bus.

And for god sake, please no more Matic playing the box to box role. He's absolutely awful going forward. Just please make him stay deep, Conte, please! We need that double shield if Cesc plays.

8 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea are without a home clean sheet in 13 games in all competitions, which is their longest run since August 1961 – when the run stretched to 27 games :othis needs to change against Burnley :middlefinger: get the finger out Chelsea and buy a cb 

It's pretty crap! Knew was bad but didn't think that bad. Maybe can break the run..Probably not!

Hopefully play better then yesterday!

45 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

It's pretty crap! Knew was bad but didn't think that bad. Maybe can break the run..Probably not!

Hopefully play better then yesterday!

I miss the days when are Defence was like Fort Knox 

This is a tough conundrum, Burnley played with two banks of four vs Liverpool, so logic suggest's this lineup

-----------------------------Courtois----------------

Usual back four getting depressing writing 

-----------------------Kante------Cesc-----------------

Willian-------------Costa------Bats--------Hazard

That will give us the best chance of creating inroads against them and we could potentially get a couple early on, what worries me however is the rare occasions Burnley had the ball against Liverpool they looked capable of scoring every single time, and we could be exposed on the counter, as much as we could get a couple early on we could easily get into early trouble too.

19 hours ago, thekid9 said:

Tibo

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi 

Kante

Willian Fabregas Hazard

Michy

Costa 

Swap Moses for Willian and I would go along with that.

I'm not so sure it's wise at all to play with two up top and surrender numbers in midfield against a side that will try to smother that area of the pitch. Especially with Cesc in the "2" with Kante. Cesc would get harassed and rushed when he has the ball and be overrun defensively . Kante would then have too much to do and the back 4 would get exposed.

To me Matic and Kante should start, Matic should be told strictly to be a destroyer who just focuses on tackling and recycling, and Cesc as the playmaker.

4-3-3

I pray we don't see the usual Chelsea trait of playing down to the opposition and allowing them to hang around. Big teams impose themselves on small teams and often times blow them away. We can't allow Burnley to come to our house and let them have it exactly as they want it: a slow, laborious match where they sit back and counter attack.

15 hours ago, the wes said:

I miss the days when are Defence was like Fort Knox 

86 home games unbeaten. That number I won't forget because it was just incredible how long it went on for! It was a psychological boost for all our home games and was a stat no-one could argue about. Then to lose it to those scumbags scouse pricks made it even worse :( 

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

1979 FB still the funniest thing I've ever seen at the Bridge. Burnley at home Ron Harris takes this kid out and FB you know what I'm talking about he near enough cuts this kid in two it wasn't late it was borderline ABH. This young kid is looking for revenge he does the same thing to Chopper and Chopper to say the least makes a meal of it the kid gets booked Ronnie gets up laughs and gives the Shed the thumbs up. We could wax lyrical about that it's proper football and proper Chelsea but well frankly it was.

We don't have the midfielders to start with the 4-2-4 formation. You need two complete midfielders and besides Kante we have none. It should only be an option when we desperately need a goal. 

I'm fairly certain we will see Kante-Matic-Fabs in a midfield 3. 

7 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

We don't have the midfielders to start with the 4-2-4 formation. You need two complete midfielders and besides Kante we have none. It should only be an option when we desperately need a goal. 

I'm fairly certain we will see Kante-Matic-Fabs in a midfield 3. 

What ? We played in 14/15 with two midfielders and had excellent results, especially in the first part. And I think Kante is even better than then-Matic. You're making Fabregas more liability than he actually is.

If there's one game we can go all out attack (and should) is Burnley. Would be a shame to drop Michy after his run and Cesc is the man to unlock that structure of Burnley defence.

But I fully expect that Bats will be dropped for Matic or maybe Oscar since he hasn't played in mid-week.