Watford v Chelsea

Jase

6 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Yeah but the fact is, he's one of us. An academy player who's gone out and picked up experience of different coaching and coming back to be implemented into the first team. Nothing would be better for himself, the club and fans. He's not exactly a bad player and was vital for Watford when they were trying to get promoted with Zola, so I'm sure he'd love it too.

He's not a bad player but the fact is he's got no pedigree at the top flight and his two opportunities in top flight teams he couldn't get near the lineup on either occasion.

Its just rather ironic and borderline hypocritical that fans blast the club for lack of ambition signing the likes of Papy and being linked with the likes of Kone, yet want a player with even less pedigree than them two integrated in the side, I could understand an 18 year old with potential who hasn't had the platform to showcase his talents, but Nat has, at two top flight teams.

And it's not just with Chalobah, Kalas was a squad player for a championship side yet a lot of people wanted him back, imagine if we signed outright a similar profile of player?

At a push Nate could become a John O Shea like reliable squad player, but I will be truly amazed if he becomes more than that.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just reading that Mazzari likes playing a 3-5-2 and that it's likely what we'll see tomorrow. 

Wonder if Conte will start with Cesc instead of Oscar in this one to exploit that. Through balls and balls over the top for Diego could wreak havoc. With both Matic and Kante behind him it's worth a try. Oscar can always come on if it doesn't work.

Would love to see something like this: 

Courtois

Ivanović - Terry - Azpi
Willian - Kante - Matic - Fabregas - Hazard
                Costa - Batshuayi

Hazard as wingback and the lack of pace from Iva and Terry might be weaknesses, but other than that it would be worth a shot in my opinion.

But realistically Conte will field this team:

Courtois
           Iva - Cahill - Terry - Azpi
             Kante- Matic - Oscar
           Willian - Costa - Hazard

•  
  •  

Not really feeling that XI. Not expecting much out of Pedro. He should only be playing when Cesc does because his off ball movement compliments Fabregas' game. There's really no one in midfield to play him in.

Just now, Sir Mikel OBE said:

So is this confirmation he wasn't happy with Willian last match? I wasn't.

Probably injured because he is not even on the bench ... love to see what Pedro can offer with his more direct approach