Watford v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Am I the only one who would like to see Willian playing centrally next to Oscar with Pedro or Moses on the right wing? 

Me too. Especially against smaller teams. Moses is more suited to play the wings in Conte's system because he is direct, daring and always likes to take on his fullback one on one. Willian is more reserved, relaxed, doesn't like to take on his marker but because of his good ball control and fantastic ability to hold the ball under pressure he'll be more suited in the role that Matic played beside Oscar when we were attacking.

I feel we need another daring dribbler like hazard on the other wing and Willian might not have a good offensive season with Conte if he keeps refusing to use his speed and take on defenders.  

Should be a great match this. Conte and Mazzarri hate eachothers guts, they are like a lesser version of Mourinho vs Wenger. Matches between them two are always full of intensity and goals. Conte has only lost once to Mazzarri's teams, in the Italian Cup (0-2 vs Napoli). 

It's always been Conte's 3-5-2 vs Mazzarri's 3-5-2 in every match they've played against eachother. Mazzarri has implemented the 3-5-2 at Watford, too, they played like that in the 1st round at Southampton, so it's interesting to see Conte's team selection for this one. 

What's this desperation to get Chalobah to play, he's had two spells at top flight clubs and couldn't buy a game, if we signed him this summer he would be instantly wrote off as another Papy but because he was on loan he is the answer to our midfield prayers :blink:

Same with Kalas and Bamford last season, i don't get it, the ironic thing is Papy is more proven in major league's than those three are as well. 

22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What's this desperation to get Chalobah to play, he's had two spells at top flight clubs and couldn't buy a game, if we signed him this summer he would be instantly wrote off as another Papy but because he was on loan he is the answer to our midfield prayers :blink:

Same with Kalas and Bamford last season, i don't get it, the ironic thing is Papy is more proven in major league's than those three are as well. 

Yeah but the fact is, he's one of us. An academy player who's gone out and picked up experience of different coaching and coming back to be implemented into the first team. Nothing would be better for himself, the club and fans. He's not exactly a bad player and was vital for Watford when they were trying to get promoted with Zola, so I'm sure he'd love it too.