Chelsea 2-1 West Ham

Jase

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Ideally, yes. Can't see a player available on the market right now (that would join us) that can get us that though. Which means we have to make do with what we've got for now. We can get pretty good ball circulation going on if we get in a midfield of Oscar, Fabregas and Kante, providing we sign a competent CB and LB. That's the best solution we can get right now. 

Yes, I agree with all of this.We do need to be looking for that type of player though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pieces around Hazard don't fit. While team spirit was excellent it appears we're back to Eden FC again, which puts way too much pressure on Eden to deliver. Oscar was good tracking back but some the passes he made on the offensive end were  shambolic. 

Still need more tiki taka type players to play with Eden.

P.S. Eden and Messi together would break soccer.

5 minutes ago, LukakutoStamford said:

The pieces around Hazard don't fit. While team spirit was excellent it appears we're back to Eden FC again, which puts way too much pressure on Eden to deliver. 

Still need more tiki taka type players to play with Eden.

Exactamente.

Sadly missed the game, but just watched the video,

Costa's late stunner was unbelievable... on that angle... incredible!

Oh Conte's reaction was enjoyable... particularly when he hug the crowds :getin:

3 points is all that matter!

Very satisfying start! Had to listen to the first 75 minutes on the radio before I could watch live. Went back and watched the entire game.

I am surprised by the few who have moaned our play tonight. I really thought we could have and should have won 4-1 or 5-1. Thought we totally bossed them in midfield most of the match.

It was the most aggressive I have seen us in midfield in a long time. Kante's efforts seemed to keep the pressure off the back line. Our aggressiveness was so refreshing after last year watching time and time again as the other team penetrated through balls to open players for easy opportunities.

Hazard looked like himself, in shape and motivated. Matic played much better than last season. Azpilicueta was everywhere at times. Even Ivanovic had an improved game.

I really like the idea of Batshauyi and Costa up top. Both are physical and hard to handle. Even Moses has earned a spot on this club in my opinion, but not the starting XI. Oscar still is a mystery, much like Pedro. Different type of enigma, but both are head scratchers.

The crowd seemed into the game and very loud on the radio broadcast. It was not as apparent on TV.

All in all, a nice night for Chelsea fans everywhere!

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf::blue scalf:

Good game from us IMO. 

The constant complaining from the same people on here is just becoming annoying... Hard to post in here and discuss the game as it is going when certain posters are calling for our whole back 4 and 3 of our front 4 to be sold... I mean, really? I mean seriously... Calling for Costa to be sold? Are you kidding? Like anyone he is going to have a bad day sometimes, but have we watched the same player over these past 4 years? 

I'm hoping we sign Koulibaly already so people can quiet down on here and quit their constant moaning. 

I don't understand about clear cut chances.
You mean you wanted to see some clear cut chances but lost ?
I think there were situations that might have gone in. Iva in the first half - saved, Oscar's pen - not given, Hazard just wide. In the second half Willian - Pedro - Terry's header - Diego's flying effort.

Liking the Conte influence on the team.

Azpilicueta is a beast while attacking! who knew!

Willian was great in the Jose system of defend all the time etc etc. Dont think he will work in Contes system of attacking football. Still good to have in the squad, but for a starter, maybe not.

We were finally attacking again - constantly!

Oscar was great too in his new role.

Ivanovic is still useless.

What I loved was the will to win the ball back, mostly in the opposition half. We tackled them, a lot of times with two men against one of their, and tried to win the ball, which we did so many times. Great to see that.

19 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

What I loved was the will to win the ball back, mostly in the opposition half. We tackled them, a lot of times with two men against one of their, and tried to win the ball, which we did so many times. Great to see that.

It's been a long time since I saw us pinch and break up play like we did. Yes Kante did some but Matic, Oscar and Costa did brilliantly to close down avenues and pinch from nothing.

Costa is becoming a massive liability. Can't score for shit and terrible attitude on the pitch.  -nono

great post from the match thread bro, do you have anymore amazing insight?

<_<

Great performance by the team, lacked just that bit of creativity without fab in there but still looked good overall... hopefully one or two more signings and we can compete for the league

On 16/08/2016 at 1:09 AM, The Skipper said:

Well, we can improve our ball circulation if we play Fabregas, but we can't really play Fabregas without too much risk with the defenders we have. So, it's a bit of both actually.

I love Cescys creativity but alot of us are forgetting we got an excellent option to him OR Osacar/Matic in Chalobah. He runs all over, got good offence/defence and a real B2B player. Plus he's HG.

I know hes satill only 21 but hes got alot of great loan expereience Forest,Middlesbrough,Burnley,Reading.Napoli. We stick Chalobah/Matic/N'Golo together and cant see a problem.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I love Cescys creativity but alot of us are forgetting we got an excellent option to him OR Osacar/Matic in Chalobah. He runs all over, got good offence/defence and a real B2B player. Plus he's HG.

I know hes satill only 21 but hes got alot of great loan expereience Forest,Middlesbrough,Burnley,Reading.Napoli. We stick Chalobah/Matic/N'Golo together and cant see a problem.

I agree, Chalobah is really excelent player and his passing is underrated imo. Plus to that he got excelent longshots and great defending.

12 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Chalobah ffs. You guys are a trip

pcNgYVU.gif

Although that is brutal I agree in general, if we signed a player outright who hardly played for Napoli the season before he would instantly be dismissed as another Papy yet because he's one of our loanees he's some sort of answer to our problems :lol:

Maybe he can fill a roll as back up to the back ups like he did in Naples but can't see any further action for him.

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Although that is brutal I agree in general, if we signed a player outright who hardly played for Napoli the season before he would instantly be dismissed as another Papy yet because he's one of our loanees he's some sort of answer to our problems :lol:

Maybe he can fill a roll as back up to the back ups like he did in Naples but can't see any further action for him.

I like the guy & hope he goes on to have a solid career but I just don't understand the blind faith in a player that's only found success in the Championship 4 seasons ago. He couldn't buy a game at Napoli & Burnley in the top flight yet he's suddenly the answer to all our problems because he had a few decent cameo appearances in pre-season.