Thiago Maia

Unionjack

If he's anything like Xabi Alonso or Busquets, I'd welcome him with open arms.

CB, fullback, Maia, James Rodriguez. Yes, I'm greedy. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Don't like the odds for a top 4 finish with this mentally damaged squad.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

He was injured I think. 

Nope. Suspended in one of the stage group matches - Wallace got in and never left playing the last four matches including the final. Many said Wallace and luan fixed the team which did not look so great in the group stage.

wallace btw would be perfection the pl... Tall, strong and technical.

Just now, Robguima said:

Nope. Suspended in one of the stage group matches - Wallace got in and never left playing the last four matches including the final. Many said Wallace and luan fixed the team which did not look so great in the group stage.

wallace btw would be perfection the pl... Tall, strong and technical.

Do like the look of Walace. Good player. Brazil have some nice young players coming through tbh, and they don't seem to really be under the spot light globally either. Good for their development. 

16 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Do like the look of Walace. Good player. Brazil have some nice young players coming through tbh, and they don't seem to really be under the spot light globally either. Good for their development. 

Indeed he does look good and 21! - any similarity with Gilberto silva is not a coincidence since Gilberto spent a season at gremio while Wallace was in the youth team.

luan also from gremio is an interesting player too, but apparently he is Barcelona bound for a Pedro role.

Impressed by Gabriel Jesus and his intensity - very interesting player.

yeah tell me about it - finally some potentially top players in the horizon (in numbers too).

17 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea have been offered Brazilian midfielder Thiago Maia, who is willing to leave #Santos to move to Europe. (Telegraph) #CFC

Only reason for buying this kid would be if he looked significantly better than the youngsters of similar age we already have at Cobham. To me at least he does not look as if he offers a great deal more than many of them. I have no problem with buying players, no problem with buying young players but they need to offer us a quality that we don't already have. We don't need to buy decent or goodish. We can grow that down in Surrey.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't really see us linked with this guy anymore, but he'd be a great addition to the squad as a depth midfielder option this season and a potential starting XI member for the future. His development in the last few years has been incredible. 

15 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Don't really see us linked with this guy anymore, but he'd be a great addition to the squad as a depth midfielder option this season and a potential starting XI member for the future. His development in the last few years has been incredible. 

Loco Bielsa is buying him. Will go to Lille in few days.

$18millions.

8 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

If Lille are getting him for such a low amount it must mean that they are the only team bidding for him. WTF! He is one of the most promising Brazilian youngsters out there. Well worth a risk!

I was thinking the same, but yet again maybe he wants to start most of the matches. Do you think he could be a starter here?

Just now, Georgy said:

I was thinking the same, but yet again maybe he wants to start most of the matches. Do you think he could be a starter here?

No I don't think so. Not at first with Kante, Bakayoko and Matic (?) here. But he is that promising that he could make a Courtois esque rise to the first XI.

6 hours ago, Yeboii said:

If Lille are getting him for such a low amount it must mean that they are the only team bidding for him. WTF! He is one of the most promising Brazilian youngsters out there. Well worth a risk!

Is not really a low amount in this kind of transfer.

Its more or less the price tag of a wc prospect midfielder if you sign right from Brazil.

Attacking players are more expensive.

We should sign the LB Guilherme Arana from Corinthians.

The best of the new generation of midfielders in Brazil are:

1 - Wendell(19) Fluminense

2 - Arthur(20) Gremio

3 - Douglas Luiz(19) just signed withMan City

4 - Matheus Fernandes(19) Botafogo(apparently going to Barca).

5 - Matheus Jesus(20) Santos - in fact i think he's the best prospect in the world in his position/age, but was not playing due to bad behaviour. Will replace Maia now.Tall, left footed, highly skilled DM.

6 - Thiago Maia

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You