Thiago Maia

Unionjack

30 minutes ago, It's too big said:

no idea how good this kid is, have never watched him. 

I trust conte judgement conte has a good track record signing players I can't think off one flop he signed at juventus 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be a similar, younger version of an Andre Gomes type player. A young holding & central mid who can pass, has good vision, dictate the tempo, has compusore on the ball and brings good defensive contribution with solid positional sense. 

I just hope we sign him to play him, not bench him and loan him out without ever giving him a chance to make any meaningful impact. 

When teams like Barcelona, Man United and Arsenal are after you, you have to have something going for you. 

Moan all you want about lack of any new CB signing but we strongly need a midfielder as well. Mikel and Matic are woeful, Cesc can't play in a midfield two formation and we don't know how good Chalobah is.

I think the reason Conte has shifted from the 4-2-4 is because he has realized nobody in our team besides Kante can play in a midfield two. From what I've heard about this guy he would be a perfect partner for Kante in a 4-2-4 and a valuable player in any formation.

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Seems to be a similar, younger version of an Andre Gomes type player. A young holding & central mid who can pass, has good vision, dictate the tempo, has compusore on the ball and brings good defensive contribution with solid positional sense. 

I just hope we sign him to play him, not bench him and loan him out without ever giving him a chance to make any meaningful impact. 

When teams like Barcelona, Man United and Arsenal are after you, you have to have something going for you. 

Eh. Chelsea, United and probably Madrid or some big Milan team at the time were chasing Mikel.

Honestly, I would prefer Joao Mario, who we were linked with a few weeks ago. He has competed at the top level in Europe with Lisbon and has fantastic potential. However, he will likely cost a fair fee, so it's understandable we don't want to keep paying out huge fees for players when we have other important areas which need strengthening. 

To be honest, if we want a replacement for Matic I am unsure why we are not looking at Diawara of Bologna. He's supposed to be a terrific young CDM. We were linked to him about a year ago I think, but since then we haven't been linked at all again. At least he's experienced at playing in a top league. 

3 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Moan all you want about lack of any new CB signing but we strongly need a midfielder as well. Mikel and Matic are woeful, Cesc can't play in a midfield two formation and we don't know how good Chalobah is.

I think the reason Conte has shifted from the 4-2-4 is because he has realized nobody in our team besides Kante can play in a midfield two. From what I've heard about this guy he would be a perfect partner for Kante in a 4-2-4 and a valuable player in any formation.

Some people don't seem to get that the protection of defense is even more vital than the defense itself, so much more infact.

Look at City, Mangala is a massive talent and Otamendi is one of the best defenders in the world, both looked average last season because Pellegrini's tactics (and Yaya "protecting" them) totally exposed them. Even if by some tragic disaster we end this window with the same first choice back four (i really don't think we will mind just talking hypotheticals) if we have their protection in front of them strengthened that automatically helps them, worth remembering that Zouma (who almost everyone on here wants as an unanimous starter when he recovers) couldn't stop us conceding 2-3 most weeks last season.

That's also why i didn't jump on the Stones is overrated bandwagon, you could put prime Maldini in a Martinez team and he would look shit.

6 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

We need three more signings. A CB, a midfielder to replace Matic/Oscar, and a RB

9 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Welp, that ends that then. 

When asked for which club he would like to play in Europe, the player added: "PSG. I don't know the reason! I'm a friend of Marquinhos, he showed me photos, and the structure is monstrous. I liked his shirt and their uniform."  --reported on sambafoot in May.

I don't think any of this matters at all.

Santos president Modesto Roma has been told by #Chelsea directors that they are keen on signing midfielder Thiago Maia. [Lance]

Santos haven’t been able to pay their players in two months and desperately need to sell a star player. They have picked Maia. [Lance]

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You