test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unionjack

Thiago Maia

Started by Unionjack,

137 posts in this topic

I like this player.  The only thing that would concern me is his pace. Two-footed it seems he is. The LB, CB, Maia and something else before the window closes?

9 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Welp, that ends that then. 

When asked for which club he would like to play in Europe, the player added: "PSG. I don't know the reason! I'm a friend of Marquinhos, he showed me photos, and the structure is monstrous. I liked his shirt and their uniform."  --reported on sambafoot in May.

I don't think any of this matters at all.

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

Santos president Modesto Roma has been told by #Chelsea directors that they are keen on signing midfielder Thiago Maia. [Lance]

Santos haven’t been able to pay their players in two months and desperately need to sell a star player. They have picked Maia. [Lance]

Blue-in-me-Veins and Fernando like this

If he's anything like Xabi Alonso or Busquets, I'd welcome him with open arms.

CB, fullback, Maia, James Rodriguez. Yes, I'm greedy. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Don't like the odds for a top 4 finish with this mentally damaged squad.

probably a good player, but it really never made sense to buy this guy right now when we clearly need players that can step in and perform in the Prem without doubts.

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

He was injured I think. 

Nope. Suspended in one of the stage group matches - Wallace got in and never left playing the last four matches including the final. Many said Wallace and luan fixed the team which did not look so great in the group stage.

wallace btw would be perfection the pl... Tall, strong and technical.

Just now, Robguima said:

Nope. Suspended in one of the stage group matches - Wallace got in and never left playing the last four matches including the final. Many said Wallace and luan fixed the team which did not look so great in the group stage.

wallace btw would be perfection the pl... Tall, strong and technical.

Do like the look of Walace. Good player. Brazil have some nice young players coming through tbh, and they don't seem to really be under the spot light globally either. Good for their development. 

killer1257 likes this

16 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Do like the look of Walace. Good player. Brazil have some nice young players coming through tbh, and they don't seem to really be under the spot light globally either. Good for their development. 

Indeed he does look good and 21! - any similarity with Gilberto silva is not a coincidence since Gilberto spent a season at gremio while Wallace was in the youth team.

luan also from gremio is an interesting player too, but apparently he is Barcelona bound for a Pedro role.

Impressed by Gabriel Jesus and his intensity - very interesting player.

yeah tell me about it - finally some potentially top players in the horizon (in numbers too).

17 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea have been offered Brazilian midfielder Thiago Maia, who is willing to leave #Santos to move to Europe. (Telegraph) #CFC

Only reason for buying this kid would be if he looked significantly better than the youngsters of similar age we already have at Cobham. To me at least he does not look as if he offers a great deal more than many of them. I have no problem with buying players, no problem with buying young players but they need to offer us a quality that we don't already have. We don't need to buy decent or goodish. We can grow that down in Surrey.