Santiago Arias

Unionjack

Santiago Arias

Chelsea set to replace Schalke-bound Baba Rahman with PSV’s Santiago Arias
Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/chelsea-set-to-replace-schalke-bound-baba-rahman-with-psvs-santiago-arias/736687#PB8dAJVxL3YIWRfD.99
I cant find owt bad said about the lad. Apparently Ranieri tried to get him last season.
Seems a good RB.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm partially Dutch and also a big PSV Eindhoven fan. Arias joined PSV in 2014 and immediately became Champions with them in the 2014/2015 season. 
He's a pretty good right back as he also proved against Atletico Madrid last Champions League season. Eredivisie is already too low leveled for him. 

But he is very short tempered. Last week he was fined for not being back on time again for PSV's training camp. He also gets booked pretty fast. Last season he got send off and he smashed a window in out of frustration. 

I would say he is a pure attacking right back as he also scores some pretty good goals at some moments. 

While I'm typing this, in half an hour is going to play against Feyenoord in the Dutch supercup. 

Santiago Arias Characteristics

+ Strengths

Passing
Very Strong
Crossing
Strong
Dribbling
Strong
Holding on to the ball
Strong
Key passes
Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Santiago Arias's Style of Play

• Likes to play short passes

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Santiago Arias Characteristics

+ Strengths

Passing
Very Strong
Crossing
Strong
Dribbling
Strong
Holding on to the ball
Strong
Key passes
Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Santiago Arias's Style of Play

• Likes to play short passes

No weaknesses :worship:

5 minutes ago, Sovieticus said:

Uhhh... Why a right back? Aina and Azpi can play there (Ivanovic too lol). What about a left back like Ricaaaaarrrdoooo Rodriguez instead :/

A left-footed player at LB... What is this nonsense?! Sorry it's forbidden here.

5 minutes ago, Sovieticus said:

Uhhh... Why a right back? Aina and Azpi can play there (Ivanovic too lol). What about a left back like Ricaaaaarrrdoooo Rodriguez instead :/

I read that Arias can play left back and right back useful to have in your squad ?

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

I read that Arias can play left back and right back useful to have in your squad ?

Azpi and Aina can play at LB too. What is up with these inverted fullbacks at Chelsea.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

We need to get a CB, sell Ivanovic and sign an actual left footed LB like Rodriguez before even looking at this guy. 

Whats wrong with getting both? We need a CB AND FB

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Whats wrong with getting both? We need a CB AND FB

That's what I said.

'We need to get a CB .... and sign an actual left footed LB... before looking at this guy.'

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

That's what I said.

'We need to get a CB .... and sign an actual left footed LB... before looking at this guy.'

Its been said before. Not only women can multi task ;) Do all 3 at the same time.

22 hours ago, Sovieticus said:

Azpi and Aina can play at LB too. What is up with these inverted fullbacks at Chelsea.

Azpilicueta is better defensively at left back, and Conte is going to build a solid foundation first and foremost, furthermore there was that period just after Hiddink took over where he was involved in about 8 goal scoring opportunities in about a month including scoring himself, he's no Marcelo but he's a lot more capable than people think.

For me, he is good, but i'm not sure that he is good enough to be starter in a team like Chelsea. 

I've to say that I talk for what I see of him in the NT. I don't follow him on PSV.

But in any case, i see as a nonsense bring him to play as left back. If you need a left back, buy a pure left back, ffs.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You