Nikola Maksimovic

Unionjack

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts on this fella? He went MIA on torino and is refusing to report, K2 is the main goal but if what we want is a ball playing partner for zouma this guy seems to fit the bill. I dont know much about him but Amoyal tweeted  "Maksimovic is somewhat similar to Bonucci, very good passer used to playing in 3 CB defense- I rate him highly." 

Conte could work his magic on him and get him much cheaper than K2? at least its another name at the position of need

Knowing him from the Red Star day's and late some games from Serbian national team. With all due respect to the Seria A, he's not CL material. Maybe for kind of clubs like Napoli. Read about his potentially move to SSC Napoli and some fans wasn't too happy calling him a "wood" in a funny way.

Ps: Today everyone can make a video on YouTube. I can easily put Real Madrid logo and his picture so he can attract interest. The point is, don't believe everything you see or hear. 

2 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

What are the rules on buying a player and then selling them straight away? We should buy him off Torino then sell him + 25m for Koulibaly.

You cant sell a player within the same window you bought them in iirc

9 minutes ago, Kezza said:

You cant sell a player within the same window you bought them in iirc

You can. Emenike joined Fenerbahce for 9 million then signed for Spartak Moscow a month later for 10 million. Negredo joined Real in 2009 then a month later he was sold to Sevilla. 

The rule is you can't play for 3 teams in a season. That's why we could not send Lukaku out on loan in 2012 January as he played for Anderlecht and Chelsea, so he played in the reserves team instead.

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

You can. Emenike joined Fenerbahce for 9 million then signed for Spartak Moscow a month later for 10 million. Negredo joined Real in 2009 then a month later he was sold to Sevilla. 

The rule is you can't play for 3 teams in a season. That's why we could not send Lukaku out on loan in 2012 January as he played for Anderlecht and Chelsea, so he played in the reserves team instead.

Ahh right!! Thanks for the clarification 

While Maksimovic may not be very well known outside of Italy, he’s rightfully considered one of the best center backs in Serie A. But don’t take that from me, in fact Napoli (one of the shrewdest clubs in Italy) has been after him since last summer, but it now appears they will not be able to land him because of Torino’s high demands.

Maksimovic does not get much attention since he plays for a mid table club and because Torino’s other main center back, Kamil Glik, is not only the team’s captain, but also had a propensity to score goals (last season he scored 7)- in addition Maksimovic missed a good chunk of the season because of a foot injury, since returning he has appeared in 14 Serie A matches.

But make no mistake about it, Maksimovic brings a lot to the table. The Serbian defender is fast for a player who is as tall as he is (190 centimeters), he is a good man marker who uses his height well in aerial duels. But in addition to his defensive ability, Maksimovic is also an excellent passer- in a way his style of play is reminiscent of Juventus’ backline “regista” Leo Bonucci. In fact Maksimovic has such a varied skill set that he can also play in the midfield.

Torino will look to get a big return for arguably their most valuable asset, they had asked Napoli for a transfer fee comparable to what Roma received for Romagnoli last summer (25 million euro plus add ons). In previous transfer windows Torino moved Cerci and Immobile, followed by Darmian who joined United last summer for the highest incoming transfer fee of Cairo’s presidency at the club.

While many have been critical of Darmian (and bring that up as a concern with Maksimovic) it’s important to remember last October many United fans were calling him the best right back in Premier League, and since then the entire club has been in a funk. Makismovic would be able to get used to the Premier League while having a defender he already knows on the backline should the deal go through, a move that would also benefit Darmian.

Maksimovic has all the tools to be successful in the Premier League, he has shown that he’s ready to take the next step in his career as he enters his prime (he will turn 25 next November) , while there is no guarantee he will live up to Vidic’s legacy, he could be an intriguing addition for 

Him and Zouma would make a great partnership in central defence ... Zouma is an athletic beast and Maksimovic is one of the best passers in his position (similiar to Bonucci imo). 

Koulibaly is not a passer, he just rush forward like a tank. He just might turn out to be next Mangala ..

If Koulibaly still joins Chelsea, we'll miss him for the African cup qualifications I believe. He'll miss games against Arsenal and Liverpool I believe... (Don't know which one is home or away)

Big opponents if you ask me. Definitely if Arsenal are still going for new players. Maksimovic is a Serb like Matic and Brani Iva so he doesn't miss those games.

The only thing I'm against African players is because of this. If I could choose between Koulibaly and Maksimovic I would choose K2 but him having chosen for Senegal and having these conflicting African cup games could be very frustrating for the club. Thank Deschamps for it.

Next 2 games before the end of the transfer window are Watford-away and Burnley-home. We can easily go into these games with Cahill and JT but after those we really have to get this centre back in wether it is Maksimovic or K2.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You