Victor Lindelof

Ivanovic is a terror. You are all kidding yourselves if you think we can go through the season with him starting. In case anyone forgot we actually finished 31 points behind the leaders last season. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like what I see of him on Youtube. He is strong, tall, fast and really good with the ball at his feet, almost like a striker. I know Youtube can be deceiving, but Koulibaly will be a risk as well. Koulibaly has a really bad record for fouls and he'll do even worse in the Premier League which is harder than Italy. 

^ that is the thing. Too many people are expecting Koulibaly to come in and impress, but we don't know what will happen if he comes. All I know is it seems he's come off a good season for Napoli, but considering it is the Italian league I don't know what to think about that. For all we know, this Swedish lad could adapt to the league quickly and become a beast CB, while Everton or someone else sign Koulibaly and he goes on to flop, and then we can breathe a sigh of relief for dodging that bullet. It is all opinions at the moment, but we have top scouts looking at these players and I put my trust in them to come up with the goods.

Get him as soon as possible. He's great ball playing defender that could start in our team and Conte can mold him into another Bonucci. This guy is still raw but is exactly what we need.

I wouldn't go rushing in to buy someone that hardly been a starter for Benfica, when we need a player to step right in that still has room for improvement.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I wouldn't go rushing in to buy someone that hardly been a starter for Benfica, when we need a player to step right in that still has room for improvement.

Were his appearances sporadic or did he go through a period of starting and then not starting. If the latter, did he start on the bench but claim a place in the starting 11 for the latter part of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Were his appearances sporadic or did he go through a period of starting and then not starting. If the latter, did he start on the bench but claim a place in the starting 11 for the latter part of the season. 

Had his first game halfway through the season and was a starter since then

We have a lot of talent among Zouma, Christiansen, Miazga and youth players so we don't need another "project". Our starting defenders are poor so we need a quality starter even if he is 30+ ? Terry - Cahill/Ivanović should not be our starting lineup until Zouma returns ;)

But on the other hand if Conte thinks he is good ... than buy him. Next year we would have 3 young and quality CBs and we have probably the best coach to suit them in 3 at the back system.

In Conte we trust ;)

Hope we don't sign him, not because he is bad, but becauae we already have so so many young defenders in our academy. What we need is CB who is about 30, not inexperienced 20 year old.

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You