Victor Lindelof

24 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

koulibaly is not a top player and we can't pay lot of milions for him..imho..ranocchia is the right name..conte knows him and he is pratically free..

Um, Koulibaly is one of the best CBs in Serie A. He's an absolute monster.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

koulibaly is not a top player and we can't pay lot of milions for him..imho..ranocchia is the right name..conte knows him and he is pratically free..

I'd take Nocchi too. Like a lot of Italian defenders, he's going to be a late bloomer. 

1 hour ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Um, Koulibaly is one of the best CBs in Serie A. He's an absolute monster.

with sarri..with benitez he was an absolute disaster..ranocchia and koulibaly are equal imho, but koulibaly costs 40 mil ranocchia is free..

16 hours ago, RuudiGullit said:

Offering 75 million for Morata but Koulibaly is too expensive. 

Now we get this guy. What a crock of shite. 

We don't need him FFS. 

Calm down and stop treating every rumour as acted....

I honestly don't think Koulibaly is much much better than this kid from what I've seen. Both are decent and can still improve but we have young CBs in Zouma and Christensen who's out on loan, we need a guy who's in his best years and can give us something different. Even then the money being talked about for these two spend it on Laporte from Bilbao... 

On 20 July 2016 at 0:38 PM, Pizy said:

Is this supposed to be in addition to a top CB signing or instead of one? If it's the latter I'd be extremely disappointed. We need essentially a "can't miss" signing at CB not a project or someone that may or may not be ready for the top level like this guy.

We need someone who is a clear upgrade on what we have.

People are forgetting that we have Christensen coming back next season... I wouldn't blame the club for not really over pursuing tbh. 

6 minutes ago, avroneelbiswas said:

What about this season? How would we survive?

Of course we can survive. Think long term. Football isn't just about the next season coming up, and we have been given a nice season off from Europe to rebuild. Christensen in my opinion is good enough to be a top CB in the near future, and he can play here for a very long time. We need to sign a new CB but I don't want to see us spending stupid money when we have a very good CB coming back next year. We should be able to pursue top four without spending stupid money on a CB that's not really much better than him. Patience is a virtue. It sets out club up much better in the long run. 

12 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Of course we can survive. Think long term. Football isn't just about the next season coming up, and we have been given a nice season off from Europe to rebuild. Christensen in my opinion is good enough to be a top CB in the near future, and he can play here for a very long time. We need to sign a new CB but I don't want to see us spending stupid money when we have a very good CB coming back next year. We should be able to pursue top four without spending stupid money on a CB that's not really much better than him. Patience is a virtue. It sets out club up much better in the long run. 

But we can't afford to lose Champions league again.

11 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

But we can't afford to lose Champions league again.

I agree. If you look at other threads I've consistently said we need a new CB and a new fullback (LB preferably). Just don't want to see us spending too much on a CB who isn't top class when we have a similar player returning next year. 

IMO anyway for this season we need a good full back more than a pretty good CB. A good LB - X - Zouma - Azpi can get us into the CL I think. 

39 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Long term? Our owner neither has patience nor the vision. Fact is if Conte fail to succeed in the first season, I am sure Roman would sack him too.

Just now, avroneelbiswas said:

Long term? Our owner neither has patience nor the vision. Fact is if Conte fail to succeed in the first season, I am sure Roman would sack him too.

I really doubt it. You must be living in the past if you think that's still the same. I don't think there's pressure on Conte to win a trophy this year, just to finish well in the league and build his image of the team up. 

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I really doubt it. You must be living in the past if you think that's still the same. I don't think there's pressure on Conte to win a trophy this year, just to finish well in the league and build his image of the team up. 

I know, he doesn't have a target to win a trophy this season. But without a good squad, we can simply forget about the Champions league next season. If that happens, we will have an angry Russian.

Just now, avroneelbiswas said:

I know, he doesn't have a target to win a trophy this season. But without a good squad, we can simply forget about the Champions league next season. If that happens, we will have an angry Russian.

I'm not disputing that. What I am disputing is that we shouldn't spend money on an up and coming CB when we already have one in the ranks, albeit on loan. 

30 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I'm not disputing that. What I am disputing is that we shouldn't spend money on an up and coming CB when we already have one in the ranks, albeit on loan. 

Agree with this, we have 4 up and coming potentially world class CBs, don't need another.
Get that already very very good CB and a FB and we'll be fine.

I think we can survive once zouma comes back, hopefully Aina can play well enough to give us a boost. with all the youth(Clarke-Salter, Tomori, Christensen, Dasilva) + Ake it would be a shame if we over bid to fill the need and shutting another path to the 1st team with an expensive import. The numbers are outrageous this summer for defenders that im sure are great but its just ridiculous at the moment. I hate ivanovic as much as the next guy but i truly believe he can be useful as a CB this year. I am very torn in that i think we need a CB(and LB) but 50mill for koulibaly!? we were balking at that much for Bonucci at the beginning of the summer! Azpi + Ivanovic + Zouma + Aina for me with Cahill + Terry covering depending on matchups

Unless a proven stud is attainable im very nervous at these prices

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You