N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:
6 hours ago, Igi26 said:
Going into his 3rd excellent year at the top level, he is still underrated by a lot of people. All hail Kante the GOAT!

The fact he was PFA POTY, French player of the year & 8th in the Ballon d'or list would suggest otherwise.

And all that while being the one doing the unglamorous work in the team, playing a role that normally goes unnoticed. Usually such awards or high places fall to goalscoring prodigies, but he is just so outstandingly good it doesn't go unnoticed. How long before big teams come asking about him?

And all that while being the one doing the unglamorous work in the team, playing a role that normally goes unnoticed. Usually such awards or high places fall to goalscoring prodigies, but he is just so outstandingly good it doesn't go unnoticed. How long before big teams come asking about him?

We can hope other players aside from those that grabs the goals get the plaudits they deserve.

Real Madrid have been linked with him in recent months, but he isn't the glamour name.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We can hope other players aside from those that grabs the goals get the plaudits they deserve.

Real Madrid have been linked with him in recent months, but he isn't the glamour name.

Lmao it sounds like Real want to buy half of our team, at least the better ones :D Tbh it's kinda good, shows we have some really good players on our books.

38 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Absolute champion this guy is.

Him running down Ozil needs to be on the end of year DVD.

He is absolutely exceptional. The amount of times I mutter "wow, N'golo" in a match is crazy.

I wish we made more signings like him. Not super expensive, coming from midtable clubs, good age, little hype and proven. You just knew it was good deal back then. 

No questions what he can do and if he can do this and that. He is brought to break attacks and he does it brilliantly. No one was asking if he can pass or control the ball etc unlike with Bakayoko. 

I think we have so many questions when we are signing players. Bakayoko...is he techincal enough, can he pass...Morata can he be main striker, if he has killer instinct. 

When you buy someone, you need to know he can do it. Striker to score goals, midfielder to tackle or create. 

And we are wondering if these players can even do their main job and basic football work like passing when we sign them...

And its clear such players struggle more. 

The only thing you have to ask yourself is can he do it for our club, in our league. Not if striker can score on his own, if midfielder can pass and hold on the ball. Those are basics that are expected. 

I wish we made more signings like him. Not super expensive, coming from midtable clubs, good age, little hype and proven. You just knew it was good deal back then. 
No questions what he can do and if he can do this and that. He is brought to break attacks and he does it brilliantly. No one was asking if he can pass or control the ball etc unlike with Bakayoko. 
I think we have so many questions when we are signing players. Bakayoko...is he techincal enough, can he pass...Morata can he be main striker, if he has killer instinct. 
When you buy someone, you need to know he can do it. Striker to score goals, midfielder to tackle or create. 
And we are wondering if these players can even do their main job and basic football work like passing when we sign them...
And its clear such players struggle more. 
The only thing you have to ask yourself is can he do it for our club, in our league. Not if striker can score on his own, if midfielder can pass and hold on the ball. Those are basics that are expected. 

We were fortunate he had a reasonable buyout clause & the board acted fast for a change. He wouldn't have joined us without the clause, so he isn't a great example.

N'golo needs a new motor!

Who knows he might treat himself to anothr one?

car-a-boom cup

Chelsea ace N’Golo Kante crashes his beloved secondhand Mini Cooper on way to Arsenal clash

CHELSEA star N'Golo Kante pranged his beloved secondhand Mini on Wednesday - but still took time for selfies with fans

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5313913/chelsea-star-ngolo-kante-crashes-his-beloved-secondhand-mini-cooper-on-way-to-arsenal-clash/

He's already turned them down once already. Take the blinkin hint ya gits!

But they do have some poer to pull players dont they!!

PSG sporting director meets with N’Golo Kanté’s agent — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/1/13/16886956/psg-sporting-director-meets-with-ngolo-kantes-agent-report

• 2 weeks later...

I won't slate Kante for not-so-good performance. It happens, he is our most consistent player.

One other thing is bothering me. It's like people are not aware of his deficiencies. Ok, sure, he is great in getting the ball, covering, tackling, intercepting, running etc etc. And he is great. But to even THINK of buying midfield partner for him who isn't really good on the ball is almost a suicide. His midfield partner first and foremost must be somewhat comfortable on the ball. And that's why I think, among other reasons, Bakayoko wouldn't ever be enough for us. He may improve, but he would need to get on some AT LEAST Herrera/Ramsey, or Dembele from Spurs technique level to compensate Kante's lack of ball playing ability.

6 hours ago, El P. said:

I won't slate Kante for not-so-good performance. It happens, he is our most consistent player.

One other thing is bothering me. It's like people are not aware of his deficiencies. Ok, sure, he is great in getting the ball, covering, tackling, intercepting, running etc etc. And he is great. But to even THINK of buying midfield partner for him who isn't really good on the ball is almost a suicide. His midfield partner first and foremost must be somewhat comfortable on the ball. And that's why I think, among other reasons, Bakayoko wouldn't ever be enough for us. He may improve, but he would need to get on some AT LEAST Herrera/Ramsey, or Dembele from Spurs technique level to compensate Kante's lack of ball playing ability.

It really depends :) You can easily play with two b2b midfielders with limited offensive skills if you put a good creative force in between ... and suitable wingbacks wouldn't hurt anyone, right? :D 

I think we slag our midfield a lot but never really point our critics against poor wingbacks that are unable to beat defenders in 1on1 situation and tend to play backwards :( 

2 hours ago, jernej93 said:

I think we slag our midfield a lot but never really point our critics against poor wingbacks that are unable to beat defenders in 1on1 situation and tend to play backwards

Are you kidding? Our wing-backs get far more stick on here and everybody recognizes they need to be upgraded, there isn't a day this isn't reminded.