test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

7. N'Golo Kante

Started by Special Juan,

2,024 posts in this topic

It's getting to the point where it feels Lampard is just shoehorning Kante into the XI because it's Kante and he doesn't want to upset people. Kante was not needed today, not against a team that has been parking the bus in almost every game this season. Kovacic should have started, not Kante! :middlefinger:

Vesper and manpe like this

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:
3 hours ago, Vesper said:
NEEDS TO BE SOLD IN THE SUMMER WHILST WE CAN STILL GET HUGE QUID

Play him in Jorginho's position and we're fine. More pressing issues that need to be addressed where Lampard's management is concerned.

Lampard simply will not use him as a defensive wrecker

and tbh, his defensive play is a shadow of what it was (for whatever reason)

injuries and too many minutes since 2015-16 perhaps

Lampard simply will not sue him as a defensive wrecker
and tbh, his defensive play is a shadow of what it was (for whatever reason)
injuries and too many minutes since 2015-16 perhaps
Still the best option we have by a country mile in that position. Honestly have to wonder what our midfield supposedly offers most weeks.
Vesper likes this

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The only time he's played as a CDM was Conte's first six games and it went so well he changed the entire system.

Conte played with two CDMs in a 3-4-3. Yes, Matic was the deeper of the two but Kante was very clearly employed to play alongside him in a pivot. 

2 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Conte played with two CDMs in a 3-4-3. Yes, Matic was the deeper of the two but Kante was very clearly employed to play alongside him in a pivot. 

Yeah but that position doesn't exist with the system we play now so it's about getting the best out of him within the system.

I love him but it's no coincidence we do so much better against the shithouse sides when Barkley or Kova play in his position.

I'm seriously concerned this will turn into a United/Rooney situation in the coming years.

Totally agree. If Lampard does not re-structuralize the midfield completely (which is not going to happen, be honest) then the best option is to sell and cash in. Kante is totally misused, which is not going to change sadly, so what is the point? Not needed luxury as it seems.

killer1257 and Vesper like this

Inclined to agree to sell him this summer while we can still get lots of cash for him. He doesn't work as well in a possession based system as in a counter-attacking one. And as he ages his stamina and speed will start going down, it already doesn't seem the same after those injuries. Just don't sell him to Mourinho  :finger:

Vesper likes this

17 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

36% win percentage with Kante, while over 70% without him.

yep and he is played against SHIT teams in there too

yep and he is played against SHIT teams in there too
I think that him playing against the shit Teams is the Problem. He played brilliant in almost all the big Games apart from the Arsenal one.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I think that him playing against the shit Teams is the Problem. He played brilliant in almost all the big Games apart from the Arsenal one.

agree mostly

he was meh in his first 2 big games in the league

that Manure smash

the Leicester draw (was marginally better than against Manure, the whole team was)

the rest he was really good in (League games v top teams)

but ffs, has he been shit lately against so many shit teams

I guess only play him against top teams, lolololol

killer1257 likes this

11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I think we all agree on this but here also lies the problem: can we have a player worth 100m, on 300k a week wages, to only play in big games?

The way I see it is that there's clearly a few players, remnants from time under previous managers, that just don't belong in this team we're trying to build: Azpilicueta, Zouma, Alonso. And Kante.

killer1257 likes this

Or drop Mount and play Kovacic as a 10? Even use Pedro and play Willian as a 10?

For me, Newcastle were always gonna play on the counter so why wouldnt you put Kante in whos athletisicm and recoverys could be very helpful. Kovacic has shown an increasing attacking input and his ability to manoeuvre in tight spaces could of been helpful closer in more advanced positions closer to Tammy than the deeper position he normally plays in a game like this where teams will set up to frustrate us. Same with Willian and use Pedro on the sides where he runs in behind or always finds himself in and around the box... almost as if Mount is undroppable just now despite doing little.

People keep pointing at Kantes inclusion but I would have him ahead of Mount regardless of opposition right now.

NikkiCFC likes this

6 hours ago, Clockwork said:

36% win percentage with Kante, while over 70% without him.

Also 100 % wins with Alonso. Around 35% without him.

Also 100 % wins with Alonso. Around 35% without him.
Alonso has probably the lowest Football IQ in our whole squad

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Or drop Mount and play Kovacic as a 10? Even use Pedro and play Willian as a 10?

For me, Newcastle were always gonna play on the counter so why wouldnt you put Kante in whos athletisicm and recoverys could be very helpful. Kovacic has shown an increasing attacking input and his ability to manoeuvre in tight spaces could of been helpful closer in more advanced positions closer to Tammy than the deeper position he normally plays in a game like this where teams will set up to frustrate us. Same with Willian and use Pedro on the sides where he runs in behind or always finds himself in and around the box... almost as if Mount is undroppable just now despite doing little.

People keep pointing at Kantes inclusion but I would have him ahead of Mount regardless of opposition right now.

Sure but Kante isn't in the XI only for defensive purposes, is he? He has been tasked to do both sides of the job and we all know his deficiencies going forward, which was a huge problem yesterday because Newcastle only bothered about defending. If it was any of the Big 6, Wolves, Sheffield United etc, then sure, play Kante. But it was Newcastle, who has been bloody parking the bus all season under Steve Bruce and they were barely able to string together any proper counter attacks. We have made it work before without Kante in the XI in the first half of the season and won games comfortably, notably against defensive sides. So, I'm not sure why Kante is needed all of a sudden in such games. Kovacic should have started instead of Kante OR Kante should have been subbed off for Batshuayi instead and go 2 up front instead of sticking with like-for-like changes/system late on.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

General questions

IF we lose all of the following 10 games

do you support Lampard being sacked?

do you think he will be sacked if we do lose all 10?

if not

how many of the ten would he have to lose to get sacked and have you support this?

again, this also assumes we win every other game not listed

it could be even worse

I am NOT predicting we lose all of these btw

simply asking where the breaking point would be

we also could win some of these are still drop other games against shit teams (like we have been doing)

f654c08d4020cd899122f1507315dedd.png229837b583a7f4d0e59e100f825bcc7e.png7e4bcb004d5b33798eb67e5ca50b8c13.pngc043c62cc4b8a97376bc0b072bcf92ed.pngc3cc88b6445ddda2546197cfab3d33cf.png65943811e595f00f5f70016ed3c0b988.png

If we come through this run still in the top four I think we will make it.

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

General questions

IF we lose all of the following 10 games

do you support Lampard being sacked?

do you think he will be sacked if we do lose all 10?

if not

how many of the ten would he have to lose to get sacked and have you support this?

again, this also assumes we win every other game not listed

it could be even worse

I am NOT predicting we lose all of these btw

simply asking where the breaking point would be

we also could win some of these are still drop other games against shit teams (like we have been doing)

f654c08d4020cd899122f1507315dedd.png229837b583a7f4d0e59e100f825bcc7e.png7e4bcb004d5b33798eb67e5ca50b8c13.pngc043c62cc4b8a97376bc0b072bcf92ed.pngc3cc88b6445ddda2546197cfab3d33cf.png65943811e595f00f5f70016ed3c0b988.png

Erm, wrong thread? 

killer1257 likes this