N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

He said they are very good players but not world class, that is definitely debatable argument. As hot takes and controversial statements go that is very mild.

I personally find it much more ridiculous if you can't tolarate any opinion that doesn't see Kante and Azpi as world class.

Am talking about been overrated if not for kante or Dave last season no EPL title that is fact.

Still think Kante has a lot to learn, having only played in the confines of the PL for the entirety of last 2 seasons. Not yet to the level of a Makelele or a Michael Essien.

I think he has had difficulty against top notch opposition before., especially when playing for France against Spain..and of course now he has to face big teams from Europe.

Still, he has time on his side..and of course being partnered with someone energetic like Bakayoko would be very helpful. Plus, excellent work ethic. He has all the tools needed to make his role in midfield more successful. 

45 minutes ago, Stats said:

I think he is overrated in a sense. That is not taking anything away that he had a brilliant season but sometimes I feel the media exaggerate any tackle he does, but he lacks other qualities. He has improved his range of passing but still feel he is vulnerable against larger players and teams who press us. He does not take control of matches to. He don't have that Verratti style to him. His best assets are his stamina and reading of the game however whereas a team like United have Pogba who was not brilliant last season, I feel once he gets in his stride, he will take United to the next level. Don't think Kante will because he don't possess those technical qualities so agree in a sense.

Genuine question, who is your favourite midfielder at the moment?

13 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Genuine question, who is your favourite midfielder at the moment?

At the club or in general?

If at the club, mixed. Kante for his stamina and work rate. Passing, Fabregas but think I will come to love Bagayoko.

If you are asking me who I think the best midfielder in the league is, I don't think it is Kante and not Matic too :D

43 minutes ago, Stats said:

If at the club, mixed. Kante for his stamina and work rate. Passing, Fabregas but think I will come to love Bagayoko.

If you are asking me who I think the best midfielder in the league is, I don't think it is Kante and not Matic too :D

I meant in general, out of everyone. 

Hopefully Bakayoko hits the ground running. God knows we need him too.

38 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

I meant in general, out of everyone. 

Hopefully Bakayoko hits the ground running. God knows we need him too.

Well imo the best DM/CM in league is Pogba and Dembele. Pogba did not have his best season last one but still very young and will sure improve. Apart from that he has got all the tools for a CM. Kante is the best at what he does but I don't regard him as the best CM. Dembele I think is fantastic.

7 hours ago, Stats said:

Pogba is the best CM in the league whether people like it or not. In the world? Has to go to main man Luka Modric based on his performances last season. Kroos and Thiago in with a shout too. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Pogba is the best CM in the league whether people like it or not. In the world? Has to go to main man Luka Modric based on his performances last season. Kroos and Thiago in with a shout too. 

Modric was immense last season. He ran the show at Madrid. I curse the footballing Gods that he played for the Yids before he left for Madrid... if it had been any other club we might have had a realistic chance at him playing for us.

On 31/07/2017 at 4:24 AM, DDA said:

Modric was immense last season. He ran the show at Madrid. I curse the footballing Gods that he played for the Yids before he left for Madrid... if it had been any other club we might have had a realistic chance at him playing for us.

Or, better yet, if we had bought him direct from Zagreb. :(

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Or, better yet, if we'd have bought him direct from Zagreb. :(

If we had gone that route, we all know we would have loaned him out to Vitesse. On return, we would have sent him out on a second loan spell to Stoke. After that, it's curtains for his career. 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

If we had gone that route, we all know we would have loaned him out to Vitesse. On return, we would have sent him out on a second loan spell to Stoke. After that, it's curtains for his career. 

A popular way to snipe at the club but I don't buy into the idea behind it.

We can both name a lot of players who were signed but not loaned, but neither of us can name even one who was signed, sent on loan to Arnhem, and subsequently proved good enough to have stayed at Chelsea. The buy to loan policy is necessarily speculative.

I actually think if any of our current CM's could be World Class in the future it'll probably be Bakayoko. He was playing at an insane level before his injury in the 2nd half of the season & is still very young with a lot of potential.

Just now, DYC. said:

Class ball-winner, midtable ball-player.

Think the only thing he really struggles with is playing the quick pass while he's being closely marked. He can make the simple passes just fine but has to continue to work on the trickier passes.

He was great today.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think the only thing he really struggles with is playing the quick pass while he's being closely marked. He can make the simple passes just fine but has to continue to work on the trickier passes.

He was great today.

Midtable midfielders can do that. And it's not just passing but ball-playing in general. Ball control, dribbling, shooting, finishing, set-piece taking... decision-making.

I thought he was alright overall.