test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

7. N'Golo Kante

Started by Special Juan,

1,313 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, manpe said:

Lmao it sounds like Real want to buy half of our team, at least the better ones :D Tbh it's kinda good, shows we have some really good players on our books.

See this?

manpe likes this

38 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Absolute champion this guy is.

Him running down Ozil needs to be on the end of year DVD.

He is absolutely exceptional. The amount of times I mutter "wow, N'golo" in a match is crazy.

yuvala and Unionjack like this

I wish we made more signings like him. Not super expensive, coming from midtable clubs, good age, little hype and proven. You just knew it was good deal back then. 

No questions what he can do and if he can do this and that. He is brought to break attacks and he does it brilliantly. No one was asking if he can pass or control the ball etc unlike with Bakayoko. 

I think we have so many questions when we are signing players. Bakayoko...is he techincal enough, can he pass...Morata can he be main striker, if he has killer instinct. 

When you buy someone, you need to know he can do it. Striker to score goals, midfielder to tackle or create. 

And we are wondering if these players can even do their main job and basic football work like passing when we sign them...

And its clear such players struggle more. 

The only thing you have to ask yourself is can he do it for our club, in our league. Not if striker can score on his own, if midfielder can pass and hold on the ball. Those are basics that are expected. 

manpe, kellzfresh, Amblève. and 1 other like this

I wish we made more signings like him. Not super expensive, coming from midtable clubs, good age, little hype and proven. You just knew it was good deal back then. 
No questions what he can do and if he can do this and that. He is brought to break attacks and he does it brilliantly. No one was asking if he can pass or control the ball etc unlike with Bakayoko. 
I think we have so many questions when we are signing players. Bakayoko...is he techincal enough, can he pass...Morata can he be main striker, if he has killer instinct. 
When you buy someone, you need to know he can do it. Striker to score goals, midfielder to tackle or create. 
And we are wondering if these players can even do their main job and basic football work like passing when we sign them...
And its clear such players struggle more. 
The only thing you have to ask yourself is can he do it for our club, in our league. Not if striker can score on his own, if midfielder can pass and hold on the ball. Those are basics that are expected. 

We were fortunate he had a reasonable buyout clause & the board acted fast for a change. He wouldn't have joined us without the clause, so he isn't a great example.

Unionjack likes this

N'golo needs a new motor!

Who knows he might treat himself to anothr one?

car-a-boom cup

Chelsea ace N’Golo Kante crashes his beloved secondhand Mini Cooper on way to Arsenal clash

CHELSEA star N'Golo Kante pranged his beloved secondhand Mini on Wednesday - but still took time for selfies with fans

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5313913/chelsea-star-ngolo-kante-crashes-his-beloved-secondhand-mini-cooper-on-way-to-arsenal-clash/

Would we say his market value - if Coutinho goes for £142m - would be around the £200m mark? Irreplaceable. 

I won't slate Kante for not-so-good performance. It happens, he is our most consistent player.

One other thing is bothering me. It's like people are not aware of his deficiencies. Ok, sure, he is great in getting the ball, covering, tackling, intercepting, running etc etc. And he is great. But to even THINK of buying midfield partner for him who isn't really good on the ball is almost a suicide. His midfield partner first and foremost must be somewhat comfortable on the ball. And that's why I think, among other reasons, Bakayoko wouldn't ever be enough for us. He may improve, but he would need to get on some AT LEAST Herrera/Ramsey, or Dembele from Spurs technique level to compensate Kante's lack of ball playing ability.

6 hours ago, El P. said:

I won't slate Kante for not-so-good performance. It happens, he is our most consistent player.

One other thing is bothering me. It's like people are not aware of his deficiencies. Ok, sure, he is great in getting the ball, covering, tackling, intercepting, running etc etc. And he is great. But to even THINK of buying midfield partner for him who isn't really good on the ball is almost a suicide. His midfield partner first and foremost must be somewhat comfortable on the ball. And that's why I think, among other reasons, Bakayoko wouldn't ever be enough for us. He may improve, but he would need to get on some AT LEAST Herrera/Ramsey, or Dembele from Spurs technique level to compensate Kante's lack of ball playing ability.

It really depends :) You can easily play with two b2b midfielders with limited offensive skills if you put a good creative force in between ... and suitable wingbacks wouldn't hurt anyone, right? :D 

I think we slag our midfield a lot but never really point our critics against poor wingbacks that are unable to beat defenders in 1on1 situation and tend to play backwards :( 

2 hours ago, jernej93 said:

I think we slag our midfield a lot but never really point our critics against poor wingbacks that are unable to beat defenders in 1on1 situation and tend to play backwards

Are you kidding? Our wing-backs get far more stick on here and everybody recognizes they need to be upgraded, there isn't a day this isn't reminded.

Ozil is the player that gives Kante the most trouble.

Embarrassing that we have a midfield that gets dominated by Jack Wilshere.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Are you kidding? Our wing-backs get far more stick on here and everybody recognizes they need to be upgraded, there isn't a day this isn't reminded.

One goal and Alonso is suddenly the best left back in the league :D 

4 hours ago, jernej93 said:

It really depends :) You can easily play with two b2b midfielders with limited offensive skills if you put a good creative force in between ... and suitable wingbacks wouldn't hurt anyone, right? :D 

I think we slag our midfield a lot but never really point our critics against poor wingbacks that are unable to beat defenders in 1on1 situation and tend to play backwards :( 

Let's be realistic - any wingback that we ever get won't be really technically sound (like heavyweights - Marcelo, Lahm, Alaba). We may upgrade on that, buy someone faster, more proactive etc, like Emerson for example, but he won't give us possession dominance and better all-round team ball playing skill.

It should be easier to buy midfielder with good ball control/passing/dribbling than look for that qualities in the wingbacks or relying solely on our attackers to do all that and drop deep to create something.

On 2018-1-13 at 1:00 PM, BlueLion. said:

Would we say his market value - if Coutinho goes for £142m - would be around the £200m mark? Irreplaceable. 

Fernandinho of Man City is 600 millions then