test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Special Juan

7. N'Golo Kante

Started by Special Juan,

737 posts in this topic
38 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

I meant in general, out of everyone. 

Hopefully Bakayoko hits the ground running. God knows we need him too.

Well imo the best DM/CM in league is Pogba and Dembele. Pogba did not have his best season last one but still very young and will sure improve. Apart from that he has got all the tools for a CM. Kante is the best at what he does but I don't regard him as the best CM. Dembele I think is fantastic.

Supermonkey92 and Polo7 like this

7 hours ago, Stats said:

At the club or in general?

If at the club, mixed. Kante for his stamina and work rate. Passing, Fabregas but think I will come to love Bagayoko.

If you are asking me who I think the best midfielder in the league is, I don't think it is Kante and not Matic too :D

Pogba is the best CM in the league whether people like it or not. In the world? Has to go to main man Luka Modric based on his performances last season. Kroos and Thiago in with a shout too. 

Stats likes this

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Pogba is the best CM in the league whether people like it or not. In the world? Has to go to main man Luka Modric based on his performances last season. Kroos and Thiago in with a shout too. 

Modric was immense last season. He ran the show at Madrid. I curse the footballing Gods that he played for the Yids before he left for Madrid... if it had been any other club we might have had a realistic chance at him playing for us.

The Skipper likes this

On 31/07/2017 at 4:24 AM, DDA said:

Modric was immense last season. He ran the show at Madrid. I curse the footballing Gods that he played for the Yids before he left for Madrid... if it had been any other club we might have had a realistic chance at him playing for us.

Or, better yet, if we had bought him direct from Zagreb. :(

The Skipper and Supermonkey92 like this

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Or, better yet, if we'd have bought him direct from Zagreb. :(

If we had gone that route, we all know we would have loaned him out to Vitesse. On return, we would have sent him out on a second loan spell to Stoke. After that, it's curtains for his career. 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

If we had gone that route, we all know we would have loaned him out to Vitesse. On return, we would have sent him out on a second loan spell to Stoke. After that, it's curtains for his career. 

A popular way to snipe at the club but I don't buy into the idea behind it.

We can both name a lot of players who were signed but not loaned, but neither of us can name even one who was signed, sent on loan to Arnhem, and subsequently proved good enough to have stayed at Chelsea. The buy to loan policy is necessarily speculative.

Tomo likes this

I actually think if any of our current CM's could be World Class in the future it'll probably be Bakayoko. He was playing at an insane level before his injury in the 2nd half of the season & is still very young with a lot of potential.

I´m glad that he upped his game against Arsenal and pretty much ran the show in the second half. Exciting partnership with Bakayoko incoming. 

kellzfresh and Supermonkey92 like this

Don. Bossed the midfield again and that itself is an achievement considering he basically has to run for two players.

Just now, DYC. said:

Class ball-winner, midtable ball-player.

Think the only thing he really struggles with is playing the quick pass while he's being closely marked. He can make the simple passes just fine but has to continue to work on the trickier passes.

He was great today.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think the only thing he really struggles with is playing the quick pass while he's being closely marked. He can make the simple passes just fine but has to continue to work on the trickier passes.

He was great today.

Midtable midfielders can do that. And it's not just passing but ball-playing in general. Ball control, dribbling, shooting, finishing, set-piece taking... decision-making.

I thought he was alright overall.

3 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Overrated

Take kante out of are team then tell me he's overrated.

Thendo likes this

29 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Take kante out of are team then tell me he's overrated.

Well we won the league with Matic and Fabregas so...

1 hour ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Well we won the league with Matic and Fabregas so...

We also finished 10th so your argument there is irrelevant.

13 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

We also finished 10th so your argument there is irrelevant.

No it's not. If you take Kante out of the team we could've still won the league because we did so in the past with Matic and Cesc. Fact.

You made a silly comment without thinking it through and facts got in the way. Better luck next time.

11 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

No it's not. If you take Kante out of the team we could've still won the league because we did so in the past with Matic and Cesc. Fact.

You made a silly comment without thinking it through and facts got in the way. Better luck next time.

How can something that could have happened be a fact?. Not sure your argument holds much water fact. There's too many if's buts and maybes. 

DYC., pHaRaOn and Amblève. like this

27 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

What is a FACT is kante last season is one of the main reason we won the league. I don't think we would of won the league last year with fab and matic in the middle.

And the bit where you said I said something silly?? I invite u to go and read every post u have ever posted your are the most negative Chelsea fan on this forum.

Reddish-Blue likes this

Are some of you realy discussing Kante quality again? 

Im wondering when will you guys ever appreciate our player when he is not having the very best game of his life, because as soon someone has average or decent game, he can be easily replacable apparently because he is nothing special??

We should all appreciate the players we have as long we have them because often only once they are gone, people realise what we had. And no, the board wont throw 90m for a new midfielder after.

yuvala and Amblève. like this