test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

7. N'Golo Kante

Started by Special Juan,

812 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Best bit was when he just out muscled Rashford on the halfway line, like a burglar reaching through a window...it was easy.

His pace is electric too, something that doesn't get mentioned a lot.

Knocked him away like swatting a fly!

Might be much taller but he fits into N'Golo (The Power) Kantes long shadow

.r189989_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=738&site=esp

Relative heat maps of N'Golo and Pog

Screen_Shot_2017-03-14_at_10.24.11.png

Screen_Shot_2017-03-14_at_10.27.20.png

Heres his best bits

Notice the 2 footed tackle by Valencia @ 5'22"

11 hours ago, DYC. said:

Is that his girl next to him? I see what you're doing, Golo.

She seems like a spice. Knew N'Golo was one of those silent killers.

27 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Seems enthralled with the game!

Cant imagine why anyone would call the guy Judas for watching his old mates on a big day.

"He covers every inch - N'Golo Kante.

"Of every football pitch, N'Golo Kante.

"Covers every blade of grass - N'Golo Kante.

"And he'll leave you on your arse - N'Golo Kante.

"Thirty-two million pounds - N'Golo Kante

"Drives his mini to the ground - N'Golo Kante."

Tbh the more I see him play and evolve, the more I realize how wrong comparisons to Makelele are. Maka was a pure holding midfielder, the purest 6 you can find. However Phil Neville said well, that he is 6, 8 and 10 three players in one. His only similarities to Maka are skin colour, height and shiny scalp. Different players.

Fernando likes this

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Couldn't find any pics or even a name but she looks like a peng ting. Life of a baller. Tiny assassin.

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Tbh the more I see him play and evolve, the more I realize how wrong comparisons to Makelele are. Maka was a pure holding midfielder, the purest 6 you can find. However Phil Neville said well, that he is 6, 8 and 10 three players in one. His only similarities to Maka are his skin colour, height and baldness. Different players.

Gattusso.

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

Couldn't find any pics or even a name but she looks like a peng ting. Life of a baller. Tiny assassin.

Gattusso.

What about Gattuso?

Just now, manpe said:

What about Gattuso?

Haha, I should've been more clear. Comparisons with Gattuso would make more sense. Tireless running, winning tackles all over, athletic, deceptively strong, rarely plays a bad game. Rino was a big personality though. He had an aura surrounding him and played with great authority. Something Kante still lacks as Maka pointed out after the Swansea game. But he can develop in that respect as he continues to gain experience.

The Skipper, Fernando and manpe like this

3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Haha, I should've been more clear. Comparisons with Gattuso would make more sense. Tireless running, winning tackles all over, athletic, deceptively strong, rarely plays a bad game. Rino was a big personality though. He had an aura surrounding him and played with great authority. Something Kante still lacks as Maka pointed out after the Swansea game. But he can develop in that respect as he continues to gain experience.

I agree, Gattuso is a better comparison. However he was a dirty player with discipline issues, Kante is a very clean tackler.

DYC. likes this

1 minute ago, manpe said:

I agree, Gattuso is a better comparison. However he was a dirty player with discipline issues, Kante is a very clean tackler.

I wouldn't call Gattuso dirty though, rather a hard man. Players like Materazzi and Totti were dirty.

But he was a hot head, yeah, and would get himself into trouble. You won't have to worry about Kante letting his team down due to a loss of self control.

Gattuso relied on power while kante relies on restlessnes, an incredibly high work rate. Kante is on the short side while gattuso was pretty decent in the air.

great players to have and awful to play against.

If you hurt Kaka, Seedorf or Pirlo, you knew that Gattuso would make you suffer. I miss players like him.