N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

Am I the only one still sort of surprised that Kante is picking us out of the list of suitors? 

I always maintained that ONE year out of the UCL was never going to be impossible to recover from, and that transfer targets would still come to Chelsea, but even this Kante story has got me surprised if true. Because PSG or even just staying put at Leicester would seem the better choices, but alas! We're moving on from Mikel! 

50 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Am I the only one still sort of surprised that Kante is picking us out of the list of suitors? 

I always maintained that ONE year out of the UCL was never going to be impossible to recover from, and that transfer targets would still come to Chelsea, but even this Kante story has got me surprised if true. Because PSG or even just staying put at Leicester would seem the better choices, but alas! We're moving on from Mikel! 

Nothing concrete yet. Kante to us is still too good to be true. Would be a long step in the right direction.

57 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

we are far more likely to challenge for trophies than leicester.

and its better to trade 6 cl games next season, for potentially many with us ,after a while at least

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Nothing concrete yet. Kante to us is still too good to be true. Would be a long step in the right direction.

It really is not. He is only 25 years of age. He will have years to come to play in UCL and challenge for major trophies. Leicester won the league and will be in UCL but we are a bigger club and much more attractive for top players, regardless. PSG seem like they are closing in on the signing of Krychowiak which seems to lower the possibility of them getting Kante. Strange because Kante is cheaper, French and you would think they would want more French players in their team. However Emery knows Krychowiak well so that prob explains it.

But then look PSG out the picture. Juve been linked. Yeah they are in Europe and Serie A champs but the PL is a better league.

So ultimately, us being out of the UCL might make it difficult for us to lure likes of Pogba but likes of Kante, no. Di Maria moved to United, despite them not having no Europe.

Another example. Newcastle bought Matt Ritchie. Ritchie is one of Bournemouth's best player, arguably is. He dropped a division down. Why? Because Newcastle are a bigger club and in long run will prob be in a better position than Bournemouth.

13 minutes ago, Stats said:

It really is not. He is only 25 years of age. He will have years to come to play in UCL and challenge for major trophies. Leicester won the league and will be in UCL but we are a bigger club and much more attractive for top players, regardless. PSG seem like they are closing in on the signing of Krychowiak which seems to lower the possibility of them getting Kante. Strange because Kante is cheaper, French and you would think they would want more French players in their team. However Emery knows Krychowiak well so that prob explains it.

But then look PSG out the picture. Juve been linked. Yeah they are in Europe and Serie A champs but the PL is a better league.

So ultimately, us being out of the UCL might make it difficult for us to lure likes of Pogba but likes of Kante, no. Di Maria moved to United, despite them not having no Europe.

Another example. Newcastle bought Matt Ritchie. Ritchie is one of Bournemouth's best player, arguably is. He dropped a division down. Why? Because Newcastle are a bigger club and in long run will prob be in a better position than Bournemouth.

I enjoy reading your stuff on here mate u talk a lot of Sense about things 

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The information Matt law bases his story on may be accurate, but the claims could still be wrong. This could very easily be a plant by Kante's agent intend to say to other interested clubs, that it's time to bid up either the wages offered to the player, or the fee offered to the agent, or both.

Journalists must know, or at least must get a feel for when a story is a plant but they'll likely go with it anyway for a couple of reasons. A story they can stand up is still a story and they can do deals with agents where they do her/him a favour by running the story in exchange for early access to some information or other later on.

He was asked by 2 people on his account after he posted the story does he think Kante will be ours by close of window and he said yes.  Opinion of course

Makes a mockery of the argument that we wouldn't sign any one "big" as we had no CL doesnt it?   

As I argued, most players plan their career further than the coming season. So Kante (if he joins), Batshuayi and whoever else; will have weighed it up and decided that Conte is someone they'd like to play for, London is a place theyd like to live, the money on offer is good, and perhaps they believe that in 17/18 we'll be back in the CL and one season out of it isnt that bad.

Yes Kante would be giving up CL with Leicester, but realistically he probably knows they wont be in it next year, and possibly the year after and so on.  Whereas we are more likely to be, and we are more likely to win the title next year. and so on

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, guys. Anything can still happen.

Signing of the summer if we do manage to get him for that price (£20m). He'd cost at least double that amount if he had no release clause and played for a bigger club.

I'm happy we are being linked with French players again. We have good history with French players and players from french speaking African countries. I'd like to go back to this core. They're mostly humble guys that work hard and give it all for the team, don't run their mouth too much... Makelele, Drogba, Zouma, Malouda, Anelka, Kalou (tell what you want but he was a great guy and nice sub to have), Essien (although they speak English in Ghana), Desailly etc. What do you think?

21 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

I'm happy we are being linked with French players again. We have good history with French players and players from french speaking African countries. I'd like to go back to this core. They're mostly humble guys that work hard and give it all for the team, don't run their mouth too much... Makelele, Drogba, Zouma, Malouda, Anelka, Kalou (tell what you want but he was a great guy and nice sub to have), Essien (although they speak English in Ghana), Desailly etc. What do you think?

I think we should sign more players from the French league they seem to adapt to the pl better than the players from Italian league 

26 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

Absolutely agree mate. Enough pussies in our team.

2 hours ago, Vytis33 said:

I'd much rather go in for him than Radja.  Let Nainggolan stay at Roma and sign this kid up. 

I've seen similar things said and I don't understand it. Radja and Kante are different type of players. Radja is a true box-to-box player, offering qualities both offensively and defensively. Kante covers a lot of ground but is a defensive player, excelling at winning the ball. He doesn't offer much going forward and in the attacking third though because of his average technique and lack of vision.

Both Kante and Radja should be targets this summer imo. Kante as a holding midfielder and Radja further forward with Cesc. If not them, alternatives with the same profile.