Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

I almost thought Chelsea couldn't sign players anymore. And now bang, finalized within a day. German efficiency like in Bayern. It's not so hard those transfers ?

Of course he will play alongside Diego. Antonio Conte always uses 2 striker formation, even when he had such forward options like Vucinic, Matri and Quagliarella.

Diego Costa, Batschuayi and Traore, that's good line-up.

I watched Belgium recently and thought that Michy should be their main man. I think that he is generally good in everything, good pace, good shot, good feet, good technique, good instinct. Simply a good striker. Something to work on definitely.

40m€ is a lot. Remember when age wasn't much of a factor for transfer fee ? Those were the days. Now when someone is young his transfer fee will be almost doubled.

Can't see signing any striker beside Michy. Most teams struggle to sign one striker and now Chelsea would sign two ?

30 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm quite happy for Diego to leave.

For one thing I'm in the group that thinks it's not a good idea to keep a player who wants to move on, and the reports that he'd like to head back to Atleti seem convincing to me. More importantly however, as I've said before, I don't believe that what Diego brings is worth the baggage that comes with him, and the huge motivation he gives to every group of opponents and their fans.

If he truly wants to go then Diego out, two talented strikers in is an attractive solution.

I'm in agreement with this, not because I feel Costa is poor because he isn't, he's far from that. I just think all the signs and reports suggests he's had enough of this league and to be fair I can see why after the way he's been treated. He's also been no angel either and maybe, just maybe the club won't stand in his way if this is what they see from his aggressive nature. Is Conte looking at bringing a subtle calmness to the club? Maybe he wants to the be the aggressor on the sidelines and his players to be the silent assassins.

We just don't know, but if he wants to go the club should not stand in his way.

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm in agreement with this, not because I feel Costa is poor because he isn't, he's far from that. I just think all the signs and reports suggests he's had enough of this league and to be fair I can see why after the way he's been treated. He's also been no angel either and maybe, just maybe the club won't stand in his way if this is what they see from his aggressive nature. Is Conte looking at bringing a subtle calmness to the club? Maybe he wants to the be the aggressor on the sidelines and his players to be the silent assassins.

We just don't know, but if he wants to go the club should not stand in his way.

I disagree. Replacing Costa with an unproven Batshuayi (and maybe a new striker) doesn't make sense. Costa, at 27, is naturally to be the senior striker in the team. He is in his prime, playing well and with two years of experience in the Premier League. He's said nothing that suggests he wants to leave and is by all accounts happy at Chelsea. 

I actually think Costa and Conte will be a perfect match. 

14 minutes ago, It's too big said:

If Costa leaves, then there's Higuain or Morata for us to go after, or even Lukaku. 

All very very expensive and none really an upgrade. Keep Costa

Looks done with the medical happening right now.

Know little of the guy, but if what I'm reading that he is a striker who can hold up play is true, then I'm all for it. 

PS: If this thread calls him the 'New Drogba' one more time he will most certainly flop, just like the new Kaka, the new Lampard and our answer to Messi...

PS2: Someone come up with a nickname for him because I can't pronounce his last name. 

4 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Looks done with the medical happening right now.

Know little of the guy, but if what I'm reading that he is a striker who can hold up play is true, then I'm all for it. 

PS: If this thread calls him the 'New Drogba' one more time he will most certainly flop, just like the new Kaka, the new Lampard and our answer to Messi...

PS2: Someone come up with a nickname for him because I can't pronounce his last name. 

Batshuayi has acquired the nickname Batsman.

B_cll0jXAAExqlK.jpg

1603873709_B975093417Z.1_20150323122811_