test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Michy Batshuayi

Started by Special Juan,

1,497 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I had very high hopes or him. Love has character and bet hes a nice lad, But he hasn't set the world alight up to now tho bud.

Pretty sure he will do great for Crystal Palace. But he will have to prove himself in the EPL for sure!

In Belgium at Standard, in French League at Marseille & in the Bundesliga at Dortmund... he has been awesome and sheer quality! Also with the Belgium National team he's sort of a super sub who always scores when given minutes! Some of the fans even would like him to start ahead of Lukaku. Just to show how much we believe in his quality. It just didn't work for Chelsea & Valencia. But I expect that the Valencia failure has more to do with personal issues (between him & coach, teammates, ....).

Wait and see. But I'm already afraid it will be another Lukaku, Salah, KDB story. With the only up side that we can still take him back after this season! 

For €6,5m he's also a bargain in the Fantasy Premier League :)! Would certainly recommend him there to anyone who still needs a decent & cheap striker! 

Pefect fit for a side like Palace. Traditional CFs like Benteke have thrived there before so a classic poacher like Bats might very well succeed there. 

"It hasn't quite worked out for Michy Batshuayi yet at Chelsea.

The Belgian striker has scored 19 times for the Blues in 53 appearances since joining in 2016..."

Knowing he was used as a sub in 90% of the games.... those numbers aren't too bad at all!

Hamilton, Vesper and Yeboii like this

The Belgian striker has scored 19 times for the Blues in 53 appearances since joining in 2016..."

Knowing he was used as a sub in 90% of the games.... those numbers aren't too bad at all!

This proves nothing. Like 50% of these goals were in the FA Cup 5th round against League two opponents..

Gesendet von meinem SLA-L22 mit Tapatalk

Vesper likes this

49 minutes ago, Beigl said:

This proves nothing. Like 50% of these goals were in the FA Cup 5th round against League two opponents..

Gesendet von meinem SLA-L22 mit Tapatalk

in last 2 and a half years, he has 33 top-flight goals, but 11 have been against non topflight teams, so 33%

if you take away his brief time at Dortmund, he has been shit

there isn't a worse 'high-scoring-per-minute-played' major team (and 30 goals and above in last 3 seasons cut off) CF that I can think of

his status as a competent striker is a mere chimera

maybe he turns it on at Palace, I have serious doubts

Beigl likes this

2 hours ago, Atholy said:

Yeah but the games he actually started in he was close to abysmal most times bar one game v Brighton in the PL. Hes good to throw on against tired teams when your constantly getting service into the box but when we used him from the start, he was useless because his link up and movement was so mediocre. Definitely not worth the 32m

On 2/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, communicate said:

If he can prove himself in epl there is no reason for us at least not try michy. Next season Giroud contract is up. 

Yeah agree and really hope he does as it would save us a bunch of money

But I have to say the odds are low- I'd put a fiver on it just in case tho.