Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

His ability to score goals with either foot is a real positive. He seems very elusive in the fact that he is really good at making sharp, quick turns away from the defender then getting a shot on goal.

2 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Batshuayi is very very energentic, but it must be said that as much as its a strength to his game, it can also be a detriment. 

Batshuayi knows where the goal is, and was often used as a Super Sub (before this season) and it was like he always scored when he came on. And even this season, for a garbage Marsielle side he still managed to put up 24Goals. And unlike Costa he actually knows how to attack the ball in the air. 

However! It must be said that his attitude will be the biggest crux to his development (much like Balotelli). One main reason he wasnt trusted to start before this season is that when he doesn't get the ball, he gets easily frustrated and goes headhunting for the ball. Which leads to him being a Tactical liability, and sabotaging the team. He can be very very very selfish, and doesn't trust his teammates at all. 

These are things you just gotta hope will be ironed out as he matures, and hopefully Antonio Conte beats that childness out of him. Because he knows how to score and can grow to become one of the elite Strikers in Europe.  Or atleast, I think so. 

Based on what you've described, he sounds like the opposite of a Conte player (e.g. hard-working, plays for the team, understands the importance of tactics)

.Without Michy, Marseille would be in second division (17 goals - 9 assists in Ligue 1 which is an involvment in 54% of Marseille's total goals scored). The year before as the joker of Gignac he still managed to score 10 goals in total.

He is the total opposite of Lukaku. 

With Conte he could become a new Inzaghi.

3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Any info about this guy?

Didn't see him playing.

Michy Batshuayi Characteristics

+ Strengths

Finishing
Strong

- Weaknesses

Aerial Duels
Weak
Holding on to the ball
Weak
Offside awareness
Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak

Michy Batshuayi's Style of Play

• Indirect set-piece threat
  • Likes to do layoffs
  • Does not dive into tackles

1 minute ago, the wes said:

He's no drogba

What was Drogba at the age of 22? 

Batshuayi is a great prospect. Let's just hope that he is smarter when talking than his Belgian teammates. 

It's been years since we had two top strikers at their peak at Chelsea going back all the way to the Drogba-Anelka days. I remember 2012-13 when we went with just Torres as the striking option at the club. (Sturridge was used on the wing) and then in 2013-14 having to endure the season of Torres Ba and Etoó. 

I am hopeful that Batshuayi is signed as competition to Costa rather than as a replacement because replacing Costa with him is making the squad weaker than it is, which is the last thing we need at the moment. 

55 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

What was Drogba at the age of 22? 

Batshuayi is a great prospect. Let's just hope that he is smarter when talking than his Belgian teammates. 

Batshuayi is a good player but he has a different style from drogba

8 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

strength and weakness...

Right now, he is not a good striker. His problem is not his skill, but his mentality. He is selfish, can't handle the pressure, get frustrated very fast, and then he start to haunt the field. For example, completely unnecessary yellow card in the last minutes of the match vs Hungary.

He could be a good striker, but that he is far from his potential. Most of his goals were scored when being sub in, and Chelsea is not looking for a sub. To step up his game he need to be shaped mentality, and Conte can achieve that, no doubt, but he also need to improve his awareness on the field. This is something difficult to acquire and when I hear him talk... Oh god he looks so dumb. I am not very optimistic on that last part, thus I am not seeing him being more than an good striker - unless Conte does his magic with him of course, then sky is the limit.

But Batshuaiy is not Lukaku he at least works hard as a motherfucker for the ball. He actually comes and picks up the ball, creates openings, his play is far more fluid, etc. He is at the right place at the right time too.

30 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Top prospect coming off a superb season considering how dreadful Marseille were. But, no matter what, Diego Costa MUST stay at the team. Would be such a stupid mistake to sell our most experienced striker entering his 3rd season in England. 

I'm quite happy for Diego to leave.

For one thing I'm in the group that thinks it's not a good idea to keep a player who wants to move on, and the reports that he'd like to head back to Atleti seem convincing to me. More importantly however, as I've said before, I don't believe that what Diego brings is worth the baggage that comes with him, and the huge motivation he gives to every group of opponents and their fans.

If he truly wants to go then Diego out, two talented strikers in is an attractive solution.