Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

17 hours ago, LAM09 said:

He hardly plays him, so having no CF would be better. Think it's perfect to waste away someone's career to appease numbers?!

Nothing worse than seeing players not getting a chance whilst Baka starts again.

Bats got chances at the start of the season and while he scored a few his general play was Torres level abysmal. That, mixed with the fact the Willy, Hazard and Pedro false 9 system works really well and arguably see's our best footy makes it the correct choice.

Bats got chances at the start of the season and while he scored a few his general play was Torres level abysmal. That, mixed with the fact the Willy, Hazard and Pedro false 9 system works really well and arguably see's our best footy makes it the correct choice.

He effectively won the game against Watford & was dropped back to the bench. His chances have been cameos more often than not instead of a run of games.

With that thinking, Morata shouldn't start on Saturday.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

He effectively won the game against Watford & was dropped back to the bench. His chances have been cameos more often than not instead of a run of games.

With that thinking, Morata shouldn't start on Saturday.

And there's a reason his chances have come in cameo's as he's proven to be a decent enough option coming off the bench but he has never proven himself as a starter. I he get's a few starts we will be screaming blue murder at him by match 2.

And there's a reason his chances have come in cameo's as he's proven to be a decent enough option coming off the bench but he has never proven himself as a starter. I he get's a few starts we will be screaming blue murder at him by match 2.
Whilst Morata should have scored in our last two games but fluffed two key chances. Rotation

Batshuayi should be given another chance, in recent times whenever he has come on as a substitute, he has performed well. Even though while starting he has been poor, yet I think his substitute performances should earn him another Chance at least

Disagree. I think he's completely out of his depth and the sooner we sell him the better. His value will only decrease as he plays fewer and fewer minutes esp if we sign someone in Jan.

He's just not a very good player and does not belong at this level. And he's 24 now and should've been approaching his best years as a footballer, esp a forwarder.

Disagree. I think he's completely out of his depth and the sooner we sell him the better. His value will only decrease as he plays fewer and fewer minutes esp if we sign someone in Jan.
He's just not a very good player and does not belong at this level. And he's 24 now and should've been approaching his best years as a footballer, esp a forwarder.
I do wonder how you've come to this conclusion. Don't think he's a run of games during his time at Chelsea but is seemingly deemed useless by some.

I see us parting with him & turning into a striker we need without in next few years. Personally believe he is a better option than Morata, all things considered.

Batshauyi is the type of player that if he didn't sign for us would have gone to a Everton/Villa/Palace level club scored loads of goals and have fans off all the big clubs clamouring to sign him without looking at the bigger picture of his all round game and how he fits in, exactly like his fellow Belgium stirker's before him.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I do wonder how you've come to this conclusion. Don't think he's a run of games during his time at Chelsea but is seemingly deemed useless by some.

I see us parting with him & turning into a striker we need without in next few years. Personally believe he is a better option than Morata, all things considered.

hmm not sure what else to say... I've watched him play enough times and think he's terrible: a no-skill player who can only run and shoot. The worst striker I've seen play for Chelsea without a doubt and one of the worst players too. I really can't comment on what I don't see or hear, so my opinion is indeed based on what I've seen of him thus far.

Wow! For me Morata is literally twice the player. And I also think Morata needs to improve. Ball retention, passing, heading, turning, dribbling. Morata is better at pretty much every technical skill you can think of. The same reason you can say I have not seen enough of Bats, I can suggest Bats finishing stats might be misleading too, because starting games can be very different.

^^ Lukaku is still far better than Bats though. Although they share similar technical shortcomings, Lukaku still resembles a footballer.

* Belgium really deserved better striker options IMO. Such quality team missing in a key position.

hmm not sure what else to say... I've watched him play enough times and think he's terrible: a no-skill player who can only run and shoot. The worst striker I've seen play for Chelsea without a doubt and one of the worst players too. I really can't comment on what I don't see or hear, so my opinion is indeed based on what I've seen of him thus far.
Wow! For me Morata is literally twice the player. And I also think Morata needs to improve. Ball retention, passing, heading, turning, dribbling. Morata is better at pretty much every technical skill you can think of. The same reason you can say I have not seen enough of Bats, I can suggest Bats finishing stats might be misleading too, because starting games can be very different.
^^ Lukaku is still far better than Bats though. Although they share similar technical shortcomings, Lukaku still resembles a footballer.
* Belgium really deserved better striker options IMO. Such quality team missing in a key position.

I think he's far from the worst CF we've had, but fair enough.

Just for fun.

Looking back, I think in the past 15 years, these are our only CF's who were worse than Bats (roughly in chronological order): Forssell, Carlton Cole, Kezman, & Pizarro.
I think he's level with: Shevchenko
I think he's surpassed by: Crespo, Gudjohnsen, Drogba, Kalou, Anelka, Sturridge, Torres, Ba, Eto'o, Remy, Costa, Morata

Looking up our history of strikers it's surreal that we had Falcao + Pato; I'd already forgotten. I never in a million years would've pictured Falcao not performing well for us.

So in theory, in 15 years, only 4 CF's have been poorer than Michy (and all were before we had multiple PL titles + high standards). At least 12 have been superior, and out of those 12, we wouldn't have even wanted 7 of them around full-time going forward. So with that perspective, he's really, really below our standard so far. Really limited.

49 minutes ago, Leif said:

Just for fun.

Looking back, I think in the past 15 years, these are our only CF's who were worse than Bats (roughly in chronological order): Forssell, Carlton Cole, Kezman, & Pizarro.
I think he's level with: Shevchenko
I think he's surpassed by: Crespo, Gudjohnsen, Drogba, Kalou, Anelka, Sturridge, Torres, Ba, Eto'o, Remy, Costa, Morata

Remy may have been better player, but too injury prone, so I think Michy is more useful. Also, wouldn't say Torres was better, he just played week-in-week-out, almost every game, so it was easier for him to get decent run in 2013. Kalou was better, but his main advantage was possibility of playing on the wing. I don't think Kalou would ever stick so long with the club if it weren't for that.

I don't remember Sheva's time really good, was he really worse than Torres? Maybe competing with prime Drogba was just too much for him?

With rest I agree, of course. :D

7 hours ago, El P. said:

Remy may have been better player, but too injury prone, so I think Michy is more useful. Also, wouldn't say Torres was better, he just played week-in-week-out, almost every game, so it was easier for him to get decent run in 2013. Kalou was better, but his main advantage was possibility of playing on the wing. I don't think Kalou would ever stick so long with the club if it weren't for that.

I don't remember Sheva's time really good, was he really worse than Torres? Maybe competing with prime Drogba was just too much for him?

With rest I agree, of course. :D

Haha fun list!

ok Carlton cole may have a say... :)

Should have said, in recent memory. No, Torres was better in his overall play even if his lack of pace hurt his ability to score.

:) sheva had no pace left when he joined us... 

On 12/17/2017 at 3:49 AM, BlueLion. said:

Give the kid a chance. We've nothing to fairly judge him on.

The people saying "get rid" are probably the same people creaming themselves over RLC's performances, now he's been given a run of games at Palace.

No, they are not the same... :)

esp this one would rather RLC stayed and Baka never came. Though sometimes players request playing time that the club cannot provide, hence loans are inevitable.

RLC is 21 and bats is 24. One can improve a lot, while the other should already have been playing close to his potential.

Let me present another example to illustrate my point: Bats consistently shows too much of the football when he plays; far more than Salah when he was with us. That's not decision making, but poor technique.

On 17/12/2017 at 11:49 AM, BlueLion. said:

Give the kid a chance. We've nothing to fairly judge him on.

The people saying "get rid" are probably the same people creaming themselves over RLC's performances, now he's been given a run of games at Palace.

I really did have alot of hope for Bats when he came and was disapointed with some fans for not giving him 'time' But how long do we give OK players tho IF we want to win silverware? It would be fine if we was allowed to have no pressure on us and just take a complete season to experiment on players. But I can't see Roman being happy with that. We wouldn't see Contes arse for dust.