test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Michy Batshuayi

Started by Special Juan,

1,369 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, El P. said:

So, this might not be bad after all. This is make it or break it for Michy and Chelsea. If he succeeds, bring him back. By then we will know if Morata is useful or not. If he doesn't play well there sell him for good.  

If he's as succesful in Valencia as he was in Dortmund, I don't think he will want to play for us anymore! Can you blame him?

What a stupid move to loan out our most efficient striker again :fist: 

2 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Good luck.

Think we will definitely buy a new striker in January.

Not a top class again...

7 hours ago, akgw13 said:

I think false 9 will be a serious option. Pedro or Hazard can play in that role. Fluidity and flexibility across attackers is key for Sarri. He likes his forwards to drop deep anyways. Could mean more time for CHO on the wing as well. 

Here is the ultimate false 9 game (with Messi in the role) Ironically, Pedro played and scored in this match. Alex Ferguson said this squad was the best  team he had ever faced or seen in his life. They almost won the Sextuple (they won La Liga, won the Champions League, won the Supercopa de España, won the UEFA Super Cup, and won the FIFA World Clup Championship. The only thing they missed was the Copa del Rey (they lost 1-nil to Real Madrid in the final).

MASSIVE BONUS, you get the see that cunt Mou get his arse smashed like a window in one of the London Student Riots (pic below at bottom) that were going on at the same time as this game (oh memories!, :D I was in those lolol).

Barca 5 Real Madrid 0

29-11-2010

Spaletti with Totti as a false nine in 2006-7 was the one who brought it back to the modern game. It was also Totti's all-time peak year for goals (32)

1b.jpgLondon-Riots-looting.jpgbait%20van.jpgProtest-Image.jpg

12 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Loaning out our best Striker. :doh::doh:

Its an interesting move for him because Valencia have got some other strikers who done decent enough for them last season and now theyve just bought Kevin Gamerio too so I dont think hes going to be a automatic starter from the off.

Lot of people saying hes our best striker or our most efficient but the guy when he had a chance to play here had never actually looked that convincing to give off the impression. Fair enough he didn't play every week but he got a run of games a while back and was awful. Half a season in Dortmund scoring against teams who were in the bottom half wont change that. One thing I think he has over Morata is that mentality where if he misses one it doesn't affect him but he has so much other things he needs to improve on.

Still remember when we signed him, articles saying he played like Drogba and he even said he wanted to emulate his career etc, the guy was never ever ever going to be in the same ball park. 

Hope the move goes well for him but I generally think there will more chance of us bringing in another striker than him ever being our number 1. He just doesn't do enough for a system like Sarri's. 

@OneMoSalah Marcelino plays a 442, so he needs many strikers for his system, around 3/4. In Sarri's system - the number of 1v1s that will be generated and the ability to be a fox in the box Batshuayi would have banged for us. And easily become our #1 strikers by November. 

His contributions per 90mins remains to be off the charts even dating back to his time at Marsielle. And his xG per shot also remains ridiculously high. If you want to hold Batshuayi to the limited run-ins he got, I got twice the amount of tape of Morata shitting up the joint - the sooner we move from him the better. 

I really wish Batshuayi would have trusted Sarri more, had full faith he would have banged for us. Sad situation all around imo, the goals will be a major issue for us this season. 

On 11/08/2018 at 6:34 AM, Magic Lamps said:

But we dont need someone to creare space, move and pass well. We got a ton pf creative midfielders. We need a player to be in the right position and put the ball in the net. Morata and Giroud are bot scorers and should not be relied on for goals. They are perfect when they are not the main man and have griezman /mbappe or Tevez around to score the goals but here Hazard is our only player with the potential to score more than a dozen league goals. I doubt more than 2 players will hit double figures for us next season. In the end goals win games and will determine whether Sarris lasts over Christmas or not

Hazard the only one capable of scoring more than a dozen? Really? Why over-exaggerate? Morata knocked in 11 no problem last season while being injured, missing some easy chances, and having everyone on his case for how terrible he is. 

OneMoSalah likes this

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

Hazard the only one capable of scoring more than a dozen? Really? Why over-exaggerate? Morata knocked in 11 no problem last season while being injured, missing some easy chances, and having everyone on his case for how terrible he is. 

Lets just hope we got 10 penalties then Jorginho can get double figures. I think Morata can get double figures (wait for the reaction haha), as well as Hazard, Willian and maybe Pedro (maybe because I think he just looks at home when hes in around the box, always did at Barca too)?

I think goals in big games will be a problem for us maybe, I expect us to be much better against the smaller teams who play in a low block because the style we will play, we will always have the better quality, more options, always have some movement that will open up chances eventually but being clinical in big games has been an issue for us for a while. I think Hazard as much as I love the guy, some games last season, the bigger ones he tended to struggle to impose himself a bit but then some of the other ones he played much better. I know last season that period where he didn't play well was a blip but again the bigger matches some of the others players like Willian (those Barca games he was pretty good I felt though), Pedro, Cesc.. all struggled. So I hope that changes. 

If Valencia play 442 and Michy can establish himself then fair enough but I think still from what I seen, Marcelino likes his team to work hard as a unit, Michy has so much to improve off the ball and even in terms of holding it up and combining with others (that one goal v Brighton will not convince me that his link up play is good enough, that whole first season under Conte the closer to the goal away frm the build up, the better) so lets hope it comes good for him. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Lets just hope we got 10 penalties then Jorginho can get double figures. I think Morata can get double figures (wait for the reaction haha), as well as Hazard, Willian and maybe Pedro (maybe because I think he just looks at home when hes in around the box, always did at Barca too)?

No way bro! Morata in double digits? Impossible!

Not like he did it last season after being labelled Torres 2.0 by the forum.

Imagine if he actually gets his confidence back...

OneMoSalah likes this